• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(791451)

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 22, 2013
  • The Showdown Effect
Hi, I've spent a lot of hours playing this awesome game, but one mystery has eluded me the entire time. While eventually I found some uses for the Shotgun despite its underwhelming nature, I am completely at a loss for why I should bother ever carrying around a Revolver or anything it can be crafted into.

The base weapon does not seem much stronger than the 9mm, has a tiny clip, is inaccurate at long range, and is not presented with a great many ammo drops in a play through, though maybe it just feels that way because each ammo pick up is only 6 shots.

The first upgrade you can get just lets you fire all 6 shots at once, which I guess could be useful for the 5 or 6 times you could use it grand total before the game ends, but I can't justify using up the slot for an item I'll use that rarely.

The next option lets you consume your Heavy Rifle ammo using the Revolver instead of a Heavy Rifle or 2x_Rifle. I reaaaally don't see the point of this. I haven't even bothered trying it out because I don't see the point. The 2x_Rifle is my go-to weapon of choice vs. tough armored enemies that I want to kill at long range, I can't imagine using up its ammo on a gun that operates like the Revolver (inaccurate, low shots per clip). Granted because I have not tried it, it could be that the Revolver firing Heavy Rifle rounds is actually even better than the 2x_Rifle, but I would need to see some data mined weapon statistics to convince me.

Can someone explain to me how to make the Revolver an effective part of my strategy? I can't figure this one out on my own.

I do have a suggestion for the devs though, change the Cannon weapon from requiring a 9mm to requiring a Revolver since finding a 9mm anywhere near the time you have 2x Large Tubes is fairly improbable / impossible. It would be annoying carrying a 9mm for 8 levels just so you could finally make it into a Cannon when you were already using 9mm ammo in an Autogun / SMG.

Last edited:
I actually started a game with Griffon, just because of this post :rolleyes: Lets se how far I can make it and if I can find any use for it..
Anyway, I think you are right. I never really used revolver, because it seems like not too great of a weapon, even though I liked it. I mean, who doesn't like a six gun :blink: