• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((A hastily written note to the 50 deputies))

Gentlemen

The time for talk and extemporising is over!

It is time to stand and fight!

Rally the people and join us in the streets in the morning.

Stand with us, or kneel before the Ultras! There is no other choice.

Jacques de R

tdAd32S.png

Notice to the Chamber of Deputies (aka Durand's House)
You WILL submit to the People's Will.

You WILL submit a petition to the People of the introduction of universal male suffrage.

You WILL submit a petition to the People of the removal of Charles as King.

You WILL submit a petition to the People of the repeal of the previous laws.

Or else,

So say I,

Roy de Brye, Citoyen

A pamphlet was distributed:

"The King rules but does not govern!

People of France the government have broken their social contract. They have violated the Charter.

It is our duty as citizens to protect the Charter. It is our duty to make sure the King rules but does not govern.

The ministry must step down and the ordinances must be retracted.

But let us not fall into chaos and unrest. Republicans, Royalists and moderates along come together. Join forces under the juste milieu!"

-----

Lothaire approached a scene of looting in his military uniform. The tension was high, was he a man in the service of the King? He stepped up and held a brief speech:

"Patriots of France! Sons of Marianne! The government have failed in their most basic task to protect you. They have failed to uphold the Charter and your liberties.

We must break off the chains of reaction! The legal government have brought itself down, we must now apply force to protect our rights.

Vive la Charter! Le roi règne mais negouverne pas!"

((private))

Mon Capitaine,

I know not if you will receive this letter or if the messenger will never make it to you. My business partners and I are scattered about the workers quarters of Paris. The industrial class, from worker to financier, is revolting even if our fellow Deputies aren't yet. I imagine that in the morning barricades will go up in anticipation of the Army's advance.

I know the vanguard of the people is in the center of the city, has taken the Bourse. I am glad. I will not dull the advance, I will not ask for muskets or powder to be sent to our strongholds in the rear. I ask you to lend your support to the men at the front, to help organize them, to makes sure arms and trained Guardsmen you have make it to strongpoints like the liberated Bourse and others. I do not know what the Duc will do in times like this, but I know that the revolution is on the streets already. I ask you to spend the night keeping the fighting men together, making sure they can rest with men taking turns at watch, making sure that the liberated points in the center of the city are not abandoned and men do not scatter back to their homes. I ask that you get them ready for the fighting tomorrow.

Recall back to the way you were, in younger days, as the leader of the Veteran's League. That is the Lecuyer that Paris needs now. Someone to comfort the men, calm their nerves, keep them together and patch them up in the night so that in the morning they can fight.

And when you have cracked the opening, when the time is right, call upon us. Call upon the less armed but more numerous workmen of Paris to be your relief, to be your reinforcements. To move up from the barricades, so that we don't give the enemy the advantage. But it has to be precisely timed. I am counting on you to know when. And when you call, I will be there with whoever I can muster. I am not a fighting man but I have bought some good will today and I hope to fan these flames into an mighty blaze.

I will see you on the battlefield,

Duval

Last edited:
Le Vicomte entre dans Paris

Henry-Entering-Paris.jpg

A column of 300 soldiers and 2 cannons had been assembled from the garrisons of Saint Cloud and Boulogne-Billancourt at the order of the Vicomte de Saint Fulgent. Atop his black stallion the Vicomte was dressed in his military uniform, with his saber strapped to his side, and holding his Marshal's baton. At the head of the column he rode next to the commanding officer and began the march from Saint Cloud to the Tuileries. The Vicomte intended to be seen at the head of the column and sent runners ahead to gather the gendarmes and ensure the road to Marmont's headquarters were relatively safe. At 7:30 PM the Vicomte and the column set off hoping to arrive at Marmont's headquarters before midnight. There the Vicomte would take up his position in the Tuileries and work with Marmont and Mangin to secure the stability of the city. He dispatched fast runners to send orders to Mangin effective tonight as well as new orders to garrison commanders in Saint-Denis, Vincennes, and Montrouge. Having done so the Vicomte commanded the drummers to play the Marche Henri IV, "Let the people of Paris hear the song of their rightful King."

((Note to Comte Morand at the Sambre Meuse mines of the Carbon Francais))

General

Further to my last instructions, please come immediately with all guards and any miner who has served in the army before. Also bring as much blasting powder as can be transported.

You are authorise to commandeer my engines from the mines' Chemin de Fer to expedite your travel.

Come with all haste.

Jacques de Rothschild

Jacques de Rothschild is in a tavern in the northern suburbs, planning the location of the barricades and avenues of advance with his engineer, Moissan-Desrouches.

A cry rises from the front door, as the courier delivered his missive. "The Verdets are marching!" the boy declared as he struggled to regain his breath.

Jacques looked up in alarm, "The green bastards are attacking us from behind! We are lost!"

"Non, Monsieur", the lad beamed. "The grasshoppers are not attacking, they are joining us. They will fight with us tomorrow!"

What a shame I don't believe in miracles, Jacques thought, because I have truly seen one this night.

Last edited:
Claude Artaud, having spent much of the morning in a drunken stupor, gathers his wits and looks for a draft of a yet-to-be published work. He finds hidden underneath a collection of Constant's writings on political philosophy a manuscript.

"This will do."

REVOLUTION 4: L'ÉTENDARD SANGLANT EST LEVÉ!

The COMMAND for more troops is DISTRIBUTED at the DEPARTMENTS.

But many are OUTRAGED by the ORDINANCES; the PREFECTS throw themselves at the MERCY of the CITIZENRY!

UNBEKNOWNST to PARIS and SAINT-CLOUD, TWELVE arrondissement committees form REVOLUTIONARY COMMITTEES, charged with ORGANIZING AN INSURRECTION. They are members of the former CHARBONNIERS!

SAINT-FULGENT, drawn by carriage, is taken to the PALACE with an ARMED COLUMN. His CARRIAGE is PELTED as it proceeds through PARIS; even in the calm of WEST PARIS!

9:00 PM: The day's AGITATION has DIED DOWN. The TROOPS return to the BARRACKS.

When dawn comes, France shall hold her breath.
--
Come sweet sleep, a new day awaits.

For your viewing, a MAP of PARIS! Blocks represent control of key strategic points; more blocks may be added or removed. White blocks are "royalist." Red blocks are "revolutionary." Red x's demonstrate former barricades or engagements with the Royal Army.

BEWARE, THIS MAP IS ABSOLUTELY HUGE. (aprox. 35.2 MB, and even so, I had to minimize it for my own sake.) If you can, I recommend downloading it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89rzjmos3m7crgx/PARIS-REAL.png?dl=0

NOTE #2: INCLUDES ONLY "CENTRAL" PARIS!

Last edited:
With the Loss of the Hotel de Ville, Alexandre makes his way over to the Bourse, where he addresses the Bourgeois men in a late-night session of the Chamber of Commerce.

---------------------------------------------------------

The future of the French economy shall be determined in Paris, gentlemen. On one end is a future towards industrialization, towards progress, towards a golden age of technological wonder and commerce in which we shall be the guiding light for all of France and all of Europe to follow. On the other hand is our feudal and agrarian past, one in which France devolves into a state that is spat upon by the other great powers as they modernize and progress. For the sake of France and for the sake of the new industrial era, we must hold firm against those wishing to devolve France back to more primitive times. We, the men of commerce, must ensure that the future is one in which man is not shackled to a farm ran by a noble!

Let us fight against this threat to free commerce, and if God blesses us with victory, let us lead France in a new revolution, a revolution of industrialization!

A Petition to the King

FOR THE GOOD OF FRANCE we, Deputies of the Departments of France, do call upon our Sovereign, His Most Christian Majesty, Charles X, the King of France and Navarre, to fire his Ministers, who are held responsible for their most grievous and irresponsible conduct resulting in such unacceptable violence of citizen against citizen in Paris and restore the stability of France to upholding the Charter in full and withdrawing the Ordinnances of Saint-Cloud, which can only be seen as detrimental to the security of and peace in France.

Signed By,

[Deputies associated with M. Duval, M. Lécuyer, le Marquess de Bourbon-Armentiéres, M. Rothschild, M. Durand and hopefully all other Deputies present at the Durand Apartment]

The Deputies then formed a Delegation to travel to Marmont to beg for an end to the bloodshed, and to plead with him to become a mediator between Saint-Cloud and Paris.

((private))

Mon Capitaine,

I know not if you will receive this letter or if the messenger will never make it to you. My business partners and I are scattered about the workers quarters of Paris. The industrial class, from worker to financier, is revolting even if our fellow Deputies aren't yet. I imagine that in the morning barricades will go up in anticipation of the Army's advance.

I know the vanguard of the people is in the center of the city, has taken the Bourse. I am glad. I will not dull the advance, I will not ask for muskets or powder to be sent to our strongholds in the rear. I ask you to lend your support to the men at the front, to help organize them, to makes sure arms and trained Guardsmen you have make it to strongpoints like the liberated Bourse and others. I do not know what the Duc will do in times like this, but I know that the revolution is on the streets already. I ask you to spend the night keeping the fighting men together, making sure they can rest with men taking turns at watch, making sure that the liberated points in the center of the city are not abandoned and men do not scatter back to their homes. I ask that you get them ready for the fighting tomorrow.

Recall back to the way you were, in younger days, as the leader of the Veteran's League. That is the Lecuyer that Paris needs now. Someone to comfort the men, calm their nerves, keep them together and patch them up in the night so that in the morning they can fight.

And when you have cracked the opening, when the time is right, call upon us. Call upon the less armed but more numerous workmen of Paris to be your relief, to be your reinforcements. To move up from the barricades, so that we don't give the enemy the advantage. But it has to be precisely timed. I am counting on you to know when. And when you call, I will be there with whoever I can muster. I am not a fighting man but I have bought some good will today and I hope to fan these flames into an mighty blaze.

I will see you on the battlefield,

Duval
((Private letter)).
Friend,

I am grateful for your support. The Duke is limited by his position, but I hope he will emerge to leadership and calm both sides down. But we can't stop now. I will do my duty to France or die trying.

Yours,
Lothaire.

----
8415157.jpg

Paris.

Lothaire gave a tricolor to one of his former Veterans. "Go to th Bourse. When the time is right make the tricolor fly! We need to show the people of Paris and all of France that we are here, let the flags of liberty fly once more".

As always he worked tirelessly to advance the cause. He signd the petition of Durand and the Deputies, but were readying himself for the eventuality of the petition being utterly rejected. He went to one of the barricades and held a speech after he outloud read the Petition to the King:

"Paris, hear me! It is true what many of you have heard, the people of France have stood up against the absolute government and been slaughtered in the process. True French patriots in the Chamber of Deputies have now made a petition, gathered men of liberal and humanist values. There demands are simple: The Ministers and Ordances of Reaction are to be removed. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us, but if we are to be prepared for it we must first rid our fear of it. and the shackles of reaction I stand hear before you now. Truly unafraid! Why? Do I believe in something you do not, that none in France believe? No! I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lay before me, but the path that is behind us all! I remember that the people of France gained liberty, equality and fraternity. The Bourbons was restored, but under the promise that we were to keep our liberties as our rights as French! But now the Ministers seek to take it away and burn the Charter. They might try to persuade the Army or send their thugs and terrorists to raise arms up against us, just as they did to the National Guard. Let us tremble these roads and buildings of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from the blooded pavements to the blue sky! We are not afraid, we are French and let us remember that we hold the Charter dear and liberty to all the dearest!

But let us not go to the extremes. Yes we are preapared. We are unafraid. But we will give the government one more moment to prove they are indeed ruling for the people and by the people. But let us not fall into republicanism or Bonapartism. We still need to be moderate when the dust settle. Do not be tempted by by the extremes, such as the white terrorists, but let us all unite under the juste milieu. Republican, Bonapartist, Liberal-Royalist or Moderate. Let us all unite behind liberty and the Charter and the juste milieu!

Vive la Charter! Vive la France!"

Lothaire then stepped down and made sure some of his men had taken notes of the speech and dispacthed them to go to otNher barricades and hopefully they would go there too and hold the speech. He had also looked on the old membership ledger of the Veterans League. He sent letters to all the members of the Seine region, dictating the letter to his secretaries and hoping the letters would reach their homes. His family had already been ordered out of Paris and into exile in Switzerland. At his home(s) he had prepared the Tricolor. When the time was right one of his servants was to let it fly above his home...

((Letter to Veterans)).

Brother,

Injustice have been served upon you. You who served faithfully for France and freedom, but you lost it all. For no other reason than doing your duty. Just as the National Guard was victim of senseless violence, so was you. Now we have a golden oppurtinity to right these wrongs. The people of France are in need of you. They valiantly stand up against oppression as the Ministry seek to now extend the shackles of reaction not only to you, but to all of France. Extinguishing the flame of freedom and chaining all of France once and for all. I say stand in solidarity with your fellow citizens! Lead them in the coming test, give them motivation. Stand side by side with your brothers of blood and liberty. Show them that the Veterans stand with them on the barricades. In the name of France, the Charter and Liberty!

Take on your old uniforms, those who have it bring along old flags and colors, and bring along your endless motivation and courage!

Vive la Charter, vive la France!

Château de Saint-Cloud, 1830

The duc de Sully retired to his rooms for the evening, weary from a day that had felt like forever. It was meant to be a special day for him: his twentieth wedding anniversary, a celebration of nearly half his life in marriage to Marthe Sylvie; yet instead of spending it with her he had been occupied meeting with the King and Councilors of State - their discussions on the Four Ordinances and Paris having consumed - almost - the entire day.

Seated in his armchair, rubbing his temples, he was interrupted by the soft touch of a hand on his shoulder: Marie Sylvie's eyes met his and she smiled.

"My apologies, ma belle. A very busy day - I could not tear myself away, even for a moment..."

"It is alright, mon loup. I have kept myself busy - the duchesse de Angoulême was most kind to receive me at one of her luncheons, it was a splendid affair."

"Good, good." the duc pondered for a moment before lifting himself up from the armchair, "Since I have missed a chance at lunch with you, madame, can I interest you in dinner?"

The duchesse smiled and curtsied, "Oui, monsieur."

After some arrangements a small three-course meal was prepared and brought to the duc and duchesse's rooms, the couple enjoying their private time together - however short it was.

((Private letter to @MadMartigan ))

Friend,

I had to be brief in my last letter as I was busy in the streets. Now things have calmed down and I have had time to reflect. I ask of you to not join the barricades. I do not wish to take glory away from you, but I believe you are needed in the Chamber and the Salons. There you can urge the politicians for peace and end to the violence if the King and government refuse our petition. Some of us have to be in the field to lead the men in the battle, but some have to be in the back and negotiate so that we will not only win the battle, but also win the peace. I have also come with a most cynical plan. Perhaps you can use your contacts to simply shut down the Bourse, which the revolutionaries now control, and other bussinesses in Paris. That way the masses have no choice but to take to the streets. Then make the following demands that the government have to accept our demands in order to open up the various bussinesses again.

I have also gathered up some demands I believe will appease Republicans, Liberals, Royal-Liberals and Moderate-Royalists alike. I ask you to consider these demands and tell me what you want in addition. These demands can be published if the government do not accept our petition and if they actually do accept it to secure our peace.

1. The King is not to rule by divine right, but by popular sovereignity i.e the will of the people.
  2. The King is to rule, but he is not to govern. Still a monarchy is to be the desired form of government, but not an absolute one.
  3. All laws and rules repressing and surpressing the press, free will etc. are to be repealed.
  4. The King have to swear an oath to the Charter.
  5. The Charter is to b the contract between the government and the people and the government are not to be above the Charter.
  6. The National Guard are to be reactivated and its members are to be the security force during these turbulent times. The Royal Army are to withdraw from the Seine in its entirety.
  7. The suffrage are to be expanded.
  8. Catholicism are no longer to be the State Religion, but are to be recognised as the religion professed by the majority of the French.
  9. The King are no longer to instigate legislation nor Royal Ordinances of his own will.
  10. The Ministry are to be elected by the Chamber of Deputies and approved by the King.
  11. Hereditary Peerage are to be abolished, but the Chamber of Peers are to remain.
  12. The Tricolor are to once more be the flag of the French Nation, the King may have his own colors.
  13. If these demands are rejected the King have to abdicate and another King will be elected.
I find these points to come to the middle ground between outright republicanism and absolutism. Hopefully it will be enough to gain the support from repuplicans, moderates, conservatives and liberals. Please let me know what you think of these points and if you want to add something. I hope that you can press this forward in the Chamber of Deptuties if it is needed, and I will push them ahead in the streets.

Your friend,
Lothaire.

Lothaire also made copies of the demands and he sent it to several revolutionary committees and hoped they reached their destination. There he stressed the need of compromise and the need to gain support from monarchists and moderates. He also sent it to the editors of le National, Laffitte, Talleyrand, Lafayette, Broglie, Royr-Collard and Guizhot. He hoped if enough men and politicians recieved these demands it would decrease the chances of them being stopped and to spread the ideas of these demands. Now he waited..

Jacques poured over the map with Moisson-Desrouches. The Ultras hold so much more than us. Why do they not strike and end this? What are they waiting for?

"Perhaps if we strike for the Place de Bastille, seize the bridges and cut the east from the centre?" Jacques hands traced the line.

"And stick your head out so you can place it in the lion's jaws?", the young engineer queried.

Jacques looked again at the map. So much territory. So many white squares.

Then it struck him. Of course! So much land! Too much! They are spread too thin! The soldiers are like capital. It must be spent in large sums to make a difference, not spread thinly, frittered away to no effect. How many soldiers can there be? Certainly not enough to strike us and hold the key buildings at the same time, or St Fulgent would have done it already.

Time. We need time. For Morand and the miners to arrive. For the Deputies to extract their digits from their derrieres. For the King's soldiers' resolve to melt.

We have time. As long as we exist, the army has failed. And if they fail, the Government will lose confidence and negotiate. Or even better, surrender. We don't have to win a battle, we just have to not lose one.

Jacques called his confederes together around the map.

"The Raguser has the soldiers but we have the will. As Bonaparte said, the moral is to the physical as three to one. Tomorrow, we shall all be three men at once. We will not hold barricades and give our enemies a convenient target to crush. We shall be the spirit of Paris itself. Every house shall be our bastion. We shall demonstrate and then melt into the shadowswhen the army appears. This is our city, we know its laneways and alleys better than them. We must be chasseurs, never standing still, tormenting the lion, never letting it close its mouth around our heads. Always turning up where the soldiers are not. Until they are exhausted from marching around the city in the summer sun. Until the lions run out of energy and collapse from fatigue and despair."

"Send out the word that all households are to hang tricolours from the window tomorrow. Let the soldiers see the heart of Paris is red, white and blue. Let them feel surrounded by the spirit of Liberte, Fraternite et Egalite. Let our banners show where Paris' allegiance lies. and let the troops know that Paris is enemy territory to them. And let Marmont know that he has to hold every house, every apartment, every tavern and sinkhole, every hovel and tenement or he will conquer none of it."

"And tonight, tonight our women shall prepare tomorrow's fight for us, by thinning the enemy's ranks and sapping their morale. In the true Parisian way. With love. Instruct the women to befriend the sentries, to entice them with food, with comfort, with affection. Reassure the enlisted men that we want to fight with them, not against them, that they will honoured if they spurn the haughty officers and leave the ranks, that they will be worshipped if they come join our fight. And if the ladies find any Swiss, have the women whisper in their ear, "Remember what happened to the Garde in '92"."

Outside Paris
Eastern Suburbs

Henri Armentieres had woken up with sore feet and an aching back. God, how far had they walked last night? It had felt like forever. Probably he was just out of shape. For sure he hadn't felt like this since crossing the Pyrenees. Maybe if he wasn't approaching his fifth decade, then he'd be bright and chipper like his aides...

He mused on his new appellation. There'd been a lot of chanting last night. Chanting, marching, drinking, all in plentiful supply. "Down with the Bourbons!" had proven especially popular. That had been a revelation.

The other discovery had been that, since being rather publicly disowned by Charles and the subsequent insistence of King and Ministry in referring to him as Armentieres, he had two different reputations. Henri Bourbon was that young moderate who had stood up for the royal house and for gradualism. Not much of an inspiring record, really.

Henri Armentieres, on the other hand, had denounced the King and the Ministry in full view of God and everyone, had been robbed of his inheritance by foul machinations, and was verging on being an elder statesman. 'They' said that the secret police were after him. 'They' said that he'd sworn a vendetta against the King. 'They' said a lot of things.

"Excuse me, sir?"

People were calling him 'sir' without knowing who he was first. It was damned unnerving.

"Yes?"

He glanced up at the elderly tailor in whose house they'd stayed the night. He was grinning from ear to ear, while the two aides behind him looked nervous. And hungover.

Henri mustered his best manners. "M. Christophe, how can I be of service?"

"Ah, monsieur, it is I who can be of service!"

He held out one of Henri's walking-out uniforms, which had somehow gotten into his luggage. The gleaming white fabric had been altered overnight with the addition of a blue coat and a red collar and cuffs. It was, in fact, a National Guard uniform. No insignia, of course, but clearly an officer's uniform. Perfect.

Henri looked sharply at the two young men, whose wretched faces told an entire tale of youthful high spirits augmented by actual spirits and the tremendous regrets that inevitably followed. The tailor, meanwhile, looked incredibly proud of himself.

Henri managed a pleased smile and accepted the uniform. "Thank you, monsieur. Your craft is exceptional. Jean and Joseph will compensate you in full -- no, no, I insist, please."

As the two young men followed the tailor out, Henri contemplated the uniform and its tricolor design. "Well. I suppose I'll need to talk to Captain Gagnon..."

With some difficulty, Duval extricated himself from the filthy mattress, the empty bottles filling the void left by his girth by sinking to the center and clacking against each other in such a way as to greet him and the morning.

Someone had left a copy of a map, pinned to the wall with knives and marked up with ribbons. White for the government, red for the people.

What would the morning bring? Would they build the barricades or would Lecuyer advance from the Bourse and call them to fight?

REVOLUTION 5: Entendez-vous dans les campagnes

The NIGHT has passed under the most FATEFUL circumstances. SAINT-FULGENT'S ARRIVAL HAS ENRAGED THE CITY!

LES HOMMES parade through the narrow streets of CENTRAL PARIS, where the mass of plebian Parisian dwells! "Come!" they say, "let us make THEM know us!" By DAWN they controlled the PRINT.

The NATIONAL GUARD has formed into FRIGHTFUL companies; they are armed by a PATRONAGE!

There is a MASS of men FORMING! From EVERYWHERE they APPEAR!

fspG9y2.jpg

The Revolutionaries at the Rue de Saint Antoinette.

WORKERS, NATIONAL GUARDSMEN, YOUND STUDENTS, FORMER SOLDIERS, they GATHER, they MARCH, and they LIFT the BARRICADES! The BLOODY STANDARD is RAISED!

What do they cry?

DOWN WITH THE BOURBONS!

VIVE LA REPUBLIQUE!

VIVE LA EMPEROR!

U0KusJ3.jpg

Outside the Bourse.
The LEFT has fanned the FLAMES of the INSURRECTION. So now BEHOLD; the REPUBLICANS are MARCHING! The BONAPARTISTS are MARCHING! DEATH to all KINGS!

The NATIONAL GUARD cry LA MARSEILLAISE; no one will CONTROL them now! They DEMAND their EMPEROR! They DEMAND their REPUBLIC! GENERAL LAMARQUE believes THERE are 30,000 guardsmen!

Before DAWN, the PARISIANS take the CITY. From the EAST and from the CENTER, the CITIZENS finally took ARMS.

At the RUE de RICHELIEU the MOB has BARRICADED the avenue.

The MASS has ROUTED the army at the PLACE VENDOME; the TRICOLOR is HOISTED!

At the RUE ST. DENIS, where FIGHTING is FIERCE; the REVOLUTIONARIES have taken TWO CANNONS.

5kjCWHw.jpg

HUNDREDS are DEAD at the PORTE ST. MARIN!

Furious ENAGEMENTS erupt at the Ports St. Denis and St. Martin, in the Rue St. Martin, on the QUAYS, in the BOULEVARDS, and at the Place VENDOME!

jIsI4sV.jpg

Combat at the Porte St. Denis.

From the RUE. ST HONORÉ hundreds rush the HOTEL of SAINT FULGENT. The ARMY holds FIRM; and the battle RAGES on!

All RUSH to the HÔTEL de VILLE; here the fate of PARIS shall be DECIDED!

The SWISS GUARDS hold VILLE early in the MORNING. Hundreds of CITIZENS, joined by the POLYTECHNIQUE, are SLAIN from the BALCONIES of the HÔTEL. For TWO HOURS the fighting rages!

UbSlufy.jpg

AT LAST the HOTEL falls! The REVOLUTIONARIES storm the BUILDING. But ROYALIST forces are en route! The battle for VILLE goes on!

The TRICOLOR is DRAWN upon NOTRE-DAME; from SAINT-CLOUD, the situation is BLEAK!

LAFITTE comes before the MARSHAL; he asks that the ordinances be revoked. The MARSHAL calls for Saint-Fulgent to make his response. Will he come before LAFITTE? Will he RESPOND?

The DEPUTIES must meet again, at the House of LAFITTE, at 3 PM, to hear the response of the King's Ministers.

BY 10 AM all of PARIS can hear the GUNFIRE!

--
Orange means contested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89rzjmos3m7crgx/PARIS-REAL.png?dl=0

Lothaire was with the men by the barricades. He used all his experience to guide them to create proper defenses - as it was possible with the materials they were given. They were to be tall enough to provide a stable firing position and a clear field of fire. Platforms were also made. Platforms they could stand on, inclined so that if they brought in grenades they would roll down, and the explosion and shrapnel be ansoebed. But weapons was lacking. The weapon stores needed to be pillaged, but pikes could be made from improvised materials.

Lothaire looked on the map and knew they needed all to cooperate. Ordonnances were sent out to the different barricades, along with the list of demands and to centralise their efforts. ((@etranger01 @Davout @Shynka ))Meanwhile Lothaire made a last speech to the men, after reading his demands.

"Men! Tommorow this might all end. Tommorow we might be rewarded for our hard work. All of France will enjoy the freedom we have all fought for.

Tommorow the petition to the King are met or we will fly the tricolor! The flag of liberty, equality and fraternity will again wave in free air.

Tommorow we fly the flag, and let it be known my home will be the first to raise it. But let us be civilised. Let us not lose our ways, let us not fall to chants as death to the Bourbons. We need the modrtates and royalists on our side.

But let it be known the people are in charge! If His Most Jesuit King do not accept oyr demands we will find a king who the people support and support the people!"

PRIVATE: @naxhi24

Dear Alexandre,

I am hopeful I will meet Rothschild at the domicile of Lafitte, where we will hear the terms under which the Ministry wishes to surrender. I am not hopeful for that meeting, given the legendary mettle of St. Fulgent.

The people have spoken. Orleans is no where to be seen. Even Lecuyer is seen more as the old Bonapartist he used to be and is still at heart than as Orleans' dog, no matter what my dear friend Henri thinks.

I am afraid I will have to disappoint my friend Henri by speaking in favor of a republic at the meeting of the Deputies. Ironic that the King's hate for him has probably made him a republican hero. But some of us still carry the stain of serving the Bourbons. That is why I write you.

Go to the Hotel de Ville. The heart of Paris. Where we businessmen met so recently. Where the army held. Where the people have liberated. But the army is headed back. That is the contested ground that must not be lost. I will send any men who will listen to me your way as I head for the place of Lafitte.

Defend the Tricolor, raise the red flag of battle high, sing the Marseillaise, redeem former Ministers like Rothschild and myself with the revolutionary contribution of the bourgeoisie. In the republic that is being born today, we need the people to see that we aren't just Bourbon dogs waiting to hung from the lampposts.

Thibaut

PRIVATE: @naxhi24

Dear Alexandre,

I am hopeful I will meet Rothschild at the domicile of Lafitte, where we will hear the terms under which the Ministry wishes to surrender. I am not hopeful for that meeting, given the legendary mettle of St. Fulgent.

The people have spoken. Orleans is no where to be seen. Even Lecuyer is seen more as the old Bonapartist he used to be and is still at heart than as Orleans' dog, no matter what my dear friend Henri thinks.

I am afraid I will have to disappoint my friend Henri by speaking in favor of a republic at the meeting of the Deputies. Ironic that the King's hate for him has probably made him a republican hero. But some of us still carry the stain of serving the Bourbons. That is why I write you.

Go to the Hotel de Ville. The heart of Paris. Where we businessmen met so recently. Where the army held. Where the people have liberated. But the army is headed back. That is the contested ground that must not be lost. I will send any men who will listen to me your way as I head for the place of Lafitte.

Defend the Tricolor, raise the red flag of battle high, sing the Marseillaise, redeem former Ministers like Rothschild and myself with the revolutionary contribution of the bourgeoisie. In the republic that is being born today, we need the people to see that we aren't just Bourbon dogs waiting to hung from the lampposts.

Thibaut

A Letter to Thibaut Duval ((@MadMartigan))

Dear Friend

A Republic born today would last but a year. The great men of Europe, bitter and bearing scars from the last Republic will stop at nothing to ensure that a Second Republic is beaten into submission. There will be war, there will be death and blood. France cannot survive another Revolutionary era, and we both know it. We cannot allow the Jacobin influenced masses to power forward another revolution, another terror, and another Napoleon, for France will not emerge from it, and we will end up just as we were before. I beg you, my friend, to persuade the Deputies that a King is needed in France, or else it will be dominated by the scaffolds once more.

-Alexandre Descombes

The declaration of the Minister of the Interior in response to the petition of the Deputies

These members of the dissolved legislative body that wish to present their grievances and wishes to His Most Christian Majesty should come to Saint-Cloud and personally present their opinions to the Royal Majesty. Was it done legally, a meeting of such delegation with the Sovereign could have been organized.

However, this would be impossible if such members are to associate with the ruffians that are now shooting at the gendarmes and soldiers of His Most Christian Majesty and destroying the property of the city of Paris.

These who quote the Constitutional Charter of 1814 and yet respect neither the rights of the King, nor his legal acts and regulations are walking the road of hypocritical lawlesness.

His Most Christian Majesty, King Charles X, is, as ever, attached to the principles of the Constitutional Charter of 1814 and is acting firmly within his rights guaranteed in that fundamental document. Under Article 14 of the Constitutional Charter of 1814, the King can issue ordinances for the sake of the security of the realm. Under Article 50, the King has the right to dissolve the Chamber. The execution of the already passed laws does even need an ordinance.

However, no article and no law gives the right to commit these numerous crimes that the mob has committed in Paris, it does not give the right to commit assasinations, pillaging and violation of public peace. it does not give right to call for rebellion, insurrection and usurpation. And anybody who believes himself a loyal subject of the Throne and good Frenchman should distance himself from such vile attempts.

One must choose between the friends of order - and friends of chaos. While political views could be different, it is the lawful and loyal behaviour that counts.

Last edited: