• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Comte De Saint-Germain makes his way to Paris to finally attend to the Chamber of Deputies. While there he rolls around in his seat, bored, before presenting his economic petition. By many (allegedly) hailed as extremely progressive and lenient, it paints a bright new future for France, promising a very welcome return to the past.

A petition to his Majesty, the King, to address the failing economic state of France, to correct the injustices of the lawless revolution and to reward loyalism and patriotism in the face of danger of death;

1. Recognise the failure of revolutionary economic policies.

a. We hereby recognise that the economic policies of the revolution were a criminal act committed against the people of France by the leaders and servants of the revolution and the government of the subsequent despot, Napoleon.

i. All men who helped overthrow the old economic system of France and part-took in the looting of the economy via the economic policies of the revolutionary regimes are to be prosecuted.

ii. All those who seized land they have no claim to will have to, after ceding it back to the original owner, pay an additional fine of 5% of the lands value at the time of the purchase. Value to be provided by the original owners or their heirs.

iii. The barbarous taxation practises of the revolution will be fully removed, and the taxation system reconstructed to more closely match that from before the revolution.

b. We recognise that the Church and Nobility of France are eternal and essential pillars of the economy and as such must have their rights protected from further assault by revolutionary elements.

i. All those who part took or supported the seizure of land from the church or any noble will be imprisoned for 8 years, forfeit the land and pay an additional fine of 35% of the lands value.

ii. Any land that was seized but now has no rightful owner to be returned to will be auctioned off, with a primacy of bidding reserved for the Church and Nobility.

c. We recognise that the economic policy of the Kingdom needs to forever hold as its key objective the prevention of another revolution.

i. The minimum welfare of the people of the countryside and cities is recognised as necessary for the upkeep of the Kingdom. Famine must be seen as a tool of the revolution and therefore prevented.

ii. The excessive wealth of the countryside farmers and city dwellers must be seen as a tool of the revolution; excessive wealth must be prevented to maintain the existing social hierarchy of France.

2. Return stolen property to the victims of revolutionary anarchy.

a. As mentioned previously (1aii, 2ai) all stolen property will be returned to the pre-revolution owners and fines will be distributed as stated.

i. Where possible all fines will be paid by the party that illegally seized the land.

ii. The Crown will pay any compensation that cannot be paid by guilty parties due to either their deaths or insolvency.

iii. Fines will be paid to the victims over a period of maximum of 10 years. Interest will be accrued at a rate agreed mutually by both parties. If no interest rate can be agreed on, representatives of the Holy Church will decide it.

b. Compensation will be guaranteed to property holders who’s property has lost value as a consequence of the revolutionary management.

i. If the land or the buildings on it are completely destroyed, their value is to be provided by the victim and then fully refunded by either the persons responsible or partially (50%) refunded by the Crown.

ii. If the land has diminished in value, the guilty party or the Crown will have to make up the difference.

c. Partial Compensation will be given for the amount of wealth the land produced.

i. Ten percent of the value the land produced during the time it was seized will be paid to the victim party.

3. Reward the loyalism and patriotism of all Frenchmen and punish the treason of abstention.

a. Non-resistance will be seen as a partial betrayal of the French Kingdom.

i. All those who remained in France during the revolutionary times but did not resist the revolutionary cause and actively work to bring down the tyrannical rule of the Directory and then Bonaparte, will be regarded as persons unsuitable for high office.

ii. All those who actively prevented others from either fleeing France or from resisting the unlawful regimes will be seen as traitors to the current King.

b. All those who resisted or fled will receive reward for their braveness in the face of the tyrannical revolutionary rule.

i. A commemorative memorial is to be built in every city to the victims of the revolution.

ii. All those who fought against the unlawful rule of France, became unable to work through their war wounds but remain alive will be rewarded with a pension to give them a comfortable living.

iii. All those who fled France in protest to the revolution will be rewarded with a letter of distinction from his Majesty.

"This is a most excellent petition. All non-Bonapartiste members, loyalists and royalists, should support this. Opposition is questionable."

~

[lB] - Emile-Charles de Couteau

An Open Letter from General Lamarque to the People of France.

The return of King Louis XVIII, has been harkened by many as the return of sanity to France. As the beginning of a new age for our nation and as the end of the decades of wanton bloodshed and killing our motherland has endured. We have been asked to look back on the age of the Jacobins, of Robespierre and Marat and their ilk with disgust. We have been told that the French people should be ashamed of the First Republic and its wanton bloodshed. That we should be ashamed of the slaughter of so many innocents. Yet the year is now 1815 more than two decades have passed since King Louis XVI was executed at the hands of radicals and still, across all of France today we hear stories of wanton bloodshed. Not performed by the detractors of the royal family but by its greatest supporters.

Great patriots of our nation's struggle against all Europe have been, dragged out of their homes and executed like beasts of burden in the streets. The Verdets go where they please unmolested by the forces of his Majesty. Their greatest leaders, monstrous men like Emile-Charles de Couteau are rewarded for their barbarity, while men like Marshal Brune are left to die in pools of their own blood, before they are paraded around the city streets. What kind of justice is this for the French people? How are the Verdets any better, or any more just than the Jacobins or the Sans Culottes of old.

The Ultra's will find that, if they seek revenge upon every man, woman and child who assisted the Republic and Consul Bonaparte then they will find themselves at odds with the heart of France itself. France fought for the Republic and France fought for Napoleon. They fought, for them in numbers never before seen in human history. 1,500,000 men took up arms to defend our homeland when the War of the First Coalition broke out, and since then many millions more have taken up arms to defeat the armies of Europe. That must never be forgotten by those in Versailles and the Tuileries.

For those of you unfamiliar with me, I too am a veteran, I fought on the Rhine and in the Pyrenees, I fought at Austerlitz and Wagram and during the 100 Days I took up arms once again in defense of France. Yet the time for war has passed, the time for reconciliation has come. I beseech the King to chain his Verdet dogs. They serve only to terrorize those who have called this country home for the last 25 years, and to strike fear into the hearts of House Bourbon's supposed enemies. Yet no legitimate or stable government can rely upon fear and repression to maintain their right to rule forever. The age of the Verdets must come to a quick end and a new national dialogue must be opened between those who fought for this regime and those who fought against it. King Louis you must serve as your Kingdom's protector not her oppressor, I beg you free her from the chains of the foreign occupiers and save your subjects from the anarchy and injustice which plague your lands. Do not follow the path of the Jacobites and purge every man who disagrees with you, this is a path towards almost certain disaster. Instead learn from the past and do not repeat its mistakes.

"I have thought up more important petitions!"

1. All soldiers who fought for the Tyrant will be denied their pensions during their time fighting for Napoleon.

1. Loyalists to the King will be granted a standard soldier's pension if they are able to prove they fought Napoleon while in foreign service.
2. Loyalists to the King who fought Napoleon and his supporters domestically and irregularly will be granted a standard soldier's pension if they are able to prove they fought Napoleon.

1. The King is the One True and Legitimate ruler of France; therefore must be protected.
2. In this time of turmoil, the King is in danger from revolutionary mobs, counter-revolutionary mobs, Bonapartistes within and without government, and a certain Deputy from Nowhere.
3. Seeing this danger, the government is obligated to entirely protect the King from all threats.
4. Therefore, the government will create a body in which to protect the King from said threats.
5. The King will be the sole commander of this body.
6. The government, with the King's approval, shall pick a list of candidates in which set for active duty within this body.
7. The body will hither to be unnamed, as to add to it's clandestine nature.
8. The body will be tasked to protect the King in all ways, from all comers, always.
9. The body, once created, can, at it's own discretion, fill a list with reserve candidates.
10. The body, as an active protector of the King, is therefore only bound to the King and his word.
11. The body is without specific jurisdiction.
12. The body is thoroughly classified.
13. The body is to be given funds directly from the treasury at the behest of the King.
14. The body will all be given a small plaque of congratulations from the Prime Minister for their service.
15. The body will be allowed free access anywhere, at any time.

An Open Letter from General Lamarque to the People of France, sent soon after the first one and *totally* from General Lamarque.

Hello, I too am a Bonaparte traitor and I wish to try and throw Royalists into the gaols because my goal is the return of the Revolution. I have been saved by the government of Talleyrand because I was deemed valuable for whatever reason, even though, and I repeat, I am a traitor to the crown.

I have nothing of worth to say, I sleep with men much like Napoleon, and I will actively sabotage the government and King in order to bring back my new God Napoleon, Robespierre, and/or both.

Open Letter to All of France.

I Capitaine Lothaire Lécuyer have been threatened by the disillusioned Emile-Charles de Couteau. The man who have run a terrorists organization ruining the lives of hundreds! And he is now seated in the Assembly of Deputies. That is fine and dandy, but have he learned anything from his second chance? No! He only antagonize the 300.000 veterans by wanting to get rid of their pensions alltogether. He have done nothing more than to create conflict and divide the population, and continue to do so! Even as I were in Tolouse to answer his cowardly threats, he did not dear to face me instead he sent poor and disillusioned farmers in his place!

For the sake of my honor and the unity of France I hereby challenge Emile-Charles de Couteau to a duel! This is based upon the ancient laws of the French and our customs. This is as I said in order to protect my honor and integretiy and to put an end to this pointless feud! Emile-Charles de Couteau I await your answer. Will you once more cower or will you stand up?

((@MastahCheef117 shame shame shame shame))

Delivered to Claude Louis Marie de Beauvilliers, duc de Saint-Aignan
@Marschalk

TAcxDst.png

Haut et puissant seigneu,

On command of His Most Christian Majesty, make yourself known to the Palais des Tuileries, one o'clock, tomorrow afternoon.
Salutations distinguées,

Grand Chambellan de France

As he sat in his carriage, looking at the noisy Parisian streets, Claude Louis Marie de Beauvilliers, Duc de Saint-Aignan, was feeling eagerness and anticipation. From the moment he received the letter from the Palace, he could not sit still, pacing though the vast rooms of his mansion and for hours smoking his pipe. He refused to answer the questions his wife bombarded him with, becoming rather cold and detached. And now, in his generals uniform and white trousers, with the moirée blue ribbon of the Order of the Holy Spirit on his neck, he was still thinking about the future audience. For a man of action and a devoted royalist, a call from his Monarch was most signficant.

As they crossed Rue de Rivoli with its fashionable shops, the Duc de Saint-Aignan adjusted his collar, making it even more tight and irreproachable. He was clothed in the uniform not to remind of his war services to the Bourbons, but because, wearing military attire for twenty-five years, he got used to it, feeling slightly silly when he had to put on a tailcoat and a top hat. However, he has chosen not to wear his Russian medals, even the Cross of St. George that he was truly proud of. The King of France has summoned him - and he was going to present himself solely as a Frenchman, ready to serve his King and Country in any way.

Short of one o'clock, the Duke has reached Tuileries Palace, left his carriage and was led inside by an officer of the Swiss Guard. As he walked through the rooms decorated with blue damask and patterns of interlaced oak and laurel branches, not so long ago bearing the monogram of the Corsican, he felt a strong pang of disgust, remembering that it was here that the poor King Louis XVI and his Queen Marie Antoinette were forced to move in 1789. Versailles was a symbol of the royal power, it was where the august friend of his ancestor, Louis XIV, resided - but Tuileries thanks to the revolution became a symbol of royal weakness.

As he waited in the antechamber, instructed by the fussy Grand Chamberlain, the Duc de Saint-Aignan silently pondered on what was happening. He last saw His Majesty in 1814, when he was invested with the Order of the Holy Spirit. Now he was going to see him again - and felt trepidation. For long years the King of France turned for him into a symbol, a vague dream. At some point, when Emperor Alexander and other sovereigns endorsed Bonaparte, he even stopped believing that the Restoration would ever happen, while never stopped supporting it. He felt that he would spend the rest of his life in Russia, serving in the army and administrative positions, getting money from the Polish manors of his spouse - and watching his grandsons, if not sons, becoming Russian. But now he was back to his motherland - headed by the rightful King.

“Le duc de Saint-Aignan, Votre Majesté!”

These words as if made him wake up. The Duke walked through the open doors and advanced the man whom he has once served as aide-de-campe - and who was now the embodiement of France. Three references. Head deeply bowed. And then Saint-Aignan spoke up: "Your Majesty, I am at your service".

Last edited:
Open Letter to All of France from me, Lothaire Lecuyer.

I, Capitaine Lothaire Lécuyer, a traitor, organiser of Bonapartistes, and general ne'er-do-well, have been threatened by the royaliste hero that is Emile-Charles de Couteau. The man who have run a loyalist, brave, and exceedingly handsome organization ruining the lives of hundreds of traitors who wish to see the Crown toppled! And he is now seated in the Assembly of Deputies. That is fine and dandy. He antagonized the 300.000 veterans by wanting to get rid of their pensions alltogether, which isn't important given that millions are spent on their service to a tyrant each year. He have done nothing more than to seek out the enemy and drive out the revolutionary, and continue to do so! Even as I were in Tolouse to answer his brave summons, he clearly was at the front of the charge that saw hundreds of traitors gathered under the tricolour!

For the sake of my honor and the unity of France I hereby challenge Emile-Charles de Couteau to a duel! This is based upon the ancient laws of the French and our customs, but mostly because I know that de Couteau lacks an arm. What is easier than shooting or stabbing an unarmed man?! Emile-Charles de Couteau I await your answer. Will you once more cower as you have literally never done, or will you face certain death against me, a man who has both arms and is currently residing in prison for literally no reason because I am a deputy and have immunity?

Open letter about the proliferation of open letters and reactions to open letters

To His Majesty, King Louis the Eighteenth, Hallowed by his name and forever strong may be his quill.

Your Majesty, it is in a spirit of collaboration that I write to you, very publicly on an unspecified, and might I say, barely traceable medium, yet another open letter full of glorious recommendations on the always so serious subjects besieging your august mind.

While I am quite sure that you are now keenly away of how misguided your Charter of 1814 is, given that since only you can propose laws, your royal mailbox is now clogged with proposals from verbose sycophants who have big ideas four YOUR kingdom.

I sincerely feel for your Majesty, knowing that you alone must bear the terrible weight of sorting through this pile of articles, letters and bills, certain of those being willfully complex and murky as an attempt to show one's erudition.

Therefore, I hope your Majesty will allow me to recommend to him that the said letters constitute a wonderful way of warming up your palace, as they have a tendency to catch very well on fire.

À bon entendeur, and until my next letter, which I will make short in order to be agreeable to your Majesty's declining eyesight and patience.

Publius Maximus

ub6LmCw.png

The arrival of a letter always brings strange tidings. Of all men, Alexandre felt that he knew this best - and particularly, that when such a letter is delivered on behalf of the King of France, it carries a weight far more heavy than most other varieties of letter. Indeed, never had he been summoned into the presence of the Holy Roman Emperor by letter, nor had he been enlisted into the service of the Palatine of Hungary in such a form. He dryly smirked to himself, perhaps the Germans lack a complete appreciation for the written word.

While, even in the Count's own perspective, after his immediate arrival in France, he discovered that he had lost some portion of his knowledge of French to German and Magyar, time had, it seems, mended at least some old wounds. Others, he thought, would not heal with as great an expediency. Perhaps, just by glancing out the window of his carriage, he could understand this to a greater degree than most days; that for every cloud, every wisp, every cry in the streets - for each of these, the divisions become increasingly sharpened.

This time of reflection was not meant to last, thanks to an interruption from his carriage driver.

"Monsieur le Comte, we have have very nearly arrived at the Palace of Tuileries."

The arrival produced a sense of nervousness in the gut of the Count which he had not felt since he first presented himself at the court of the Holy Roman Emperor, and most of the next near-hour was passed with a torturous speed - quick in hindsight, yet unceasing in the moment. Eventually, however, he was brought before the grand door to His Majesty's throne room, where he would stand for only the second time.

"Votre Majesté, le Comte de Berstett!"

In accordance with custom, the Count referenced three times, before briefly speaking.

"Je suis à votre service."

(Private message to @Dadarian )

To the deputy of Toulouse

May I ask how exactly you will enforce the policies you have proposed?

There are a great number of veterans of France worried that the hard work and sacrifices they have done will be forgotten and they themselves will be ignored.

You surely must understand what it is like living with a grevious wound and very little pay, and in the future you may even realise what it is like to be responsible for a family, if a willing and worthy woman arrives.

To ease your troubles however, I will have my man create you a wooden arm, by the next anniversary of your birth. If you will inform me what exact date that is.

Your companion
Lieutenant colonel Jean-Luc Gottoliard

Last edited:
*The Comte de L'Isle Jourdain has been confused by the recent proliferation of open letters being posted everywhere, but decides to sit down in Toulouse and read some of them. He chuckles at the royalist's petty responses to the republican.*

"A royalist mobster and a republican dueling in the streets. I do believe everyone wins in that exchange."

*He crumbles up the letters and returns to his work*

«Monsieur President de la Chambre,»

«I feel that the conduct of the Député de Toulouse to be unacceptable to this body, namely, firstly, proposing laws in this Chamber, in clear violation of His Majesty's Charter, secondly, impersonating an officer in the crown in what can at best be described as slanderous and lastly attacking the Deputies of this Chamber in a petition that can only be called highly imprudent by the kindest souls and a great threat to our country by the rest.»

«This Député lacks the honour to meet the men he has slandered in duel, he lacks the prudence to fulfill his duty to His Majesty and advice him on matters of great importance and he should lack the right to enter this Chamber, which he has disgraced numerous times, and speak his foul mind.»

«I move the Député de Toulouse is removed from this Chamber on the grounds of flagrant violation of the Charter of 1814.»

Victor Durand,
Préfet et Député du Nord

Last edited:
((Private - @TJDS))

Dear Victor,

Your Friend and Colleague,
-- Alain

((Private - @LordTempest ))

Dear Alain,

Let me return congratulations on your victory in the Seine Department, it is undisputable evidence that the heart of French politics entrusts you with the great and honourable task of representing them in the Chambre des Députés. Your elaborations on the workings of the Commission de Agriculture are most satisfactory, I would suggest proposing a Petition on the matter.

Your Friend and Colleague,
Victor

((Letter to Victor Durand @TJDS ))

Fellow Deputy,

-Capitaine Lothaire Lécuyer.

((Private - @ThaHoward ))

Fellow Deputy, Capitaine,

If I understand the Charter 0f 1814, you cannot be held in this position and cannot be physically restrained from returning to your services in Paris as Deputy for your Department. I do suggest you take up this matter with your captor, I shall contact my friends in the area to have you released as soon as possible. Regarding your suggestions, suggestions 2, 4, 5 and 6 are already implicit in the bill and suggestions 1, 3 and 7 could most taken up as policy of the Board of Education. I would of course want to continue this discussion and hope to convince you to sign the petition as soon as you have arrived in Paris.

Victor Durand,
Préfet and Député du Nord

Last edited:
The Bishop of Montauban stood up in the Chamber to debate the motion of exclusion of the Deputy for Toulouse.

"Monsieur le Président,

I am quite disappointed that so early in the life of this Chamber, we find some esteemed members already so at each other's throat that they raise the important question of the exclusion of a member from our proceedings.

In fairness, I find the conduct of the Deputy for Toulouse full of grossièreté. None shall dispute it. However, I would expect more tolerance coming from the esteemed member for Nord, who earlier this week, was petitioning the King on matters pertaining to the education of our youth. Wasn't the honourable gentlemen extolling the virtues of teaching manners and civility?

I would invite him to a benevolent tolerance but firm reprobation of the Deputy of Toulouse's act, knowing that he was not as priviledged as the member of Nord in his upbringing. It is a case of simple Christian charity.

Useless to say, I will not vote to carry the motion and I beseech the Chamber to turn its gaze to more urgent and pressing national matters."

«Monsieur Président de le Chambre,»

«Although I listen with great respect and patience to the wisdom of the Député de Gers, the conduct of the Député de Toulouse cannot be without adequate reprimand either within this Chamber or the Relevant authorities outside of it, for in this time of great peril for our nation, the Chamber of Deputies should be a place of good conduct and an example for the rest of France, not the housing for those who violate the Charter, display great disrespect for the other members and impersonates them in public writing.»

Victor Durand,
Préfet et Député du Nord

Last edited:
" Monsieur le Président,

Considering the litany of infamy left in the trail of our current Minister of Police, I would argue that the time of great peril through which our nation is travelling calls for an era of great tolerance indeed.

Let us certainly teach our colleague civility, but let us not deprive the fair people of Toulouse of their elected representative"

«Monsieur Président de le Chambre,»

«I would therefore ask all Members of the Ideological persuasion of the Député de Gers to withhold their support from the Député de Toulouse's harmful petitions that seek only to divide and thereby weaken the nation at the time when its weakness is detrimental for the future position of France as is currently being determined at the negotiating table.»

«I would further ask the Presidium of the Chamber of Deputies to look into the restrain put on our colleague, Lothaire Lécuyer, a Deputy of the Seine Department, who is currently illegally held in Toulouse by Representatives of this Government. I would encourage his immediate release by those representatives, in the name of the Charter.»

Victor Durand,
Préfet et Député du Nord

Last edited:
WGa2d4D.png

The Path to Revitalize the Garden of Eden

The past quarter of a century can never be forgotten or forgiven; all the same the wounds must be healed.

The election is over and now we have the joy of what the English so cheerfully value, the so called constitutional monarchy, and if anyone was to stop up and look at what has been created I doubt anyone of common sense would think it an improvement upon the past before the usurper. The flower of French youth has been decimated, our economy is on the brink of collapse, France is regarded no better than a Turkish Sultan in European affairs. There is little point in denying it, the last quarter of a century has been rivalled in darkness only twice. The Hundred Years War and the Religious Wars, the only perils in our history which may compare to 25 years of misery, illegitimacy and collapse. Charles VII le Victorieux and Henri IV, le Bon Roi Henri, both reigned during times of great French recovery. Both times the kingdom was devastated by war and famine, just like the problem which face our Kingdom now, which his Majesty shall surely also lead us through.

But those times and now differs greatly, the great monarchs of the past were advised by wise men. Not that I seek to discredit those which his Majesty has recently summoned to his service, but more than just wise men. The Kings of the past were advised by a united Kingdom, with the three estates to help our sovereigns guide the future of France. Today however, the King is advised by two chambers, the Chambers of Peers and the Chamber of Deputies, and so far the Chamber of Deputies and their conversations have amounted to little more than bickering and infighting over petitions of education.

While education is by no doubt a noble purpose, then securing the people of France their bread rather than their books should be the prime objective of any new government or advisory body established. The economy and agriculture of our great Kingdom is in ruins, as such it must be the main objective of any government to restore this, as it is the backbone of any progress, of any kingdom. Enlightenment of the mind and soul can only occur if the needs of the body are met.

The most immediate need for the salvation of France is clear, the occupation of France must come to an end. It must be the sole objective of the current government to see the foreign soldiers removed from French soil. There are tens upon tens of thousands soldiers whom eat the sweet fruit of the French soil, who take liberties of the land which is not theirs to take, who soil our honour and future with blood and black gunpowder. The fruits and gifts that would otherwise fill the stomachs of the people of this great Kingdom and restore it to its glory, instead of foreign occupiers. Now I argue not for the use of force, for we must not, we are superior to Bonaparte who knew only how to use force, we must use the pen before the sword, for we cannot afford to appear with military might. The decimation of the French youth, combined with the actions of the last twenty-five years prevents any such notion of even bearing fruit. But we must stand our ground, for only when France is once more free can the Kingdom recover. If any of the gentlemen in the Chamber of Deputies were to ever leave Paris, they would know that the wish of the peasants is not for a parish school, but for a full belly and peaceful season to tend to their crops.

Something that is often blissfully forgotten of those new to administration, as many of members of the Chamber of Deputies show, is that one must gather revenue before one can spend it. It is clear, as often feared, that this show of wishing to spend money which is not there, rather than restoring France and her economy proves that the Chamber of Deputies is not capable of more than being a wishful advisory body of those who pretend to live in the Garden of Eden, rather than the Kingdom of France. Let there be no mistake, France was once the Garden of Eden, but the ills which now fester within withholds any such title, grandeur or claim from our beautiful home.

Only when the foreign soldiers depart France, when revenue once again begins to gather can the state begin to spend it on the wrongs committed by the Bonapartist regime. There can be no doubt what the second issue of state be, the restoration or generous compensation to those of the nobility robbed by regicides and illegal governments, whom have still not be restored, for any new state must be built on the King’s proper justice. But for now, let me repeat the only and most important objective of the government: Fill the homes of the French people with bread, not books. But let us go further than that, in the words of my great ancestor, Good King Henry, “Let there be a chicken in every pot on every Sunday.”

- Louis Joseph, Prince of Condé

((Additional guidelines are transmitted to all military personal in the Haute-Garonne sub-theatre.))

September 17th, 1815, Toulouse: "To the Departmental Legions of Toulouse and the surrounding regions, on the matter of the professionalism while on active duty."

While on active duty, all enlisted soldiers and their officers are to refrain from publicly commenting on political or social matters. While we all have our opinions, and may have even penned them publicly before, while you wear the uniform and are deployed in the King's service you will kindly refrain from making public such opinions. The military must stand above these debates, in service of King and of France.

By his own hand,
M. Saint-Cyr, Marshal of France