• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paris, 1830.

Lothaire continued on his path to gain the popularity among the lower classes. The lower middle class was courted by his support to the National Guard and hinting to expand the franchise to include them and liberalise economical laws. The lower classes on the other hand had to be tackled in a different way. Lothaire had reckoned that in the Departments and countryside the real power resided among the landowners. Because they were the dominant powers in the area, and who the Ultras and Bourbons rested their power upon. Several men would be sent to the South-East of France to gain their support and to further antogonise the middle class in the region. However he believed the real power relied in Paris. The coutnryside might give the Orléanist greater political power and capital, but it was the capital of the nation that was the closest to the seat of power. The rulers of Paris needed to have the full confidence of the masses there in order to secure their rule over France.

In that respect Lothaire would extend the efforts in Paris to not only sway the upper borgouise and the lower middle class, but also the poor. The plans was quite simple. Several food and aid stations, modeled after what he had done during the Veterans League, was established in the poor districts of Paris. There several homeless persons was given shelter, starving families was given food and sick workers were given medical aid. Each of the stations would bear the name of Orléans or some central Orléanist politican. When poor men were given food they were reminded that it was the Duke of Orléans, or some other central Orléanist, who gave them it.

During these efforts several community houses were applied for and some had been constructed. It would serve for places where the poor could gather around and meet eachother. They would often be hosted by central Orléanists, such as Lothaire, and they would often remind them who made this all possible. Several "debates" were set up in these community halls (often just improvised tents on empty fields) between various Orléanists. They tend to remind them on stuff like
"the indemnities served no other than the upper nobility. They only sought to enrichen themself while leaving the poor alone in the cold. Many have forsaken their holy duty to look after their own people, their own brothers and sisters. Only the Duke of Orléans and men like him give away great parts of their wealth to charity. To provide for housing as this or food for the poor. They give back to the people what they were granted quite clumsy by the Sully government. They truly represent the middle road".

Other efforts and debates also took place. Such as painting a difference between the extreme left and right. The extreme left claimed to represent the people, but in fact they only looked after themself. They bribed the people with promise of universial rights and so on, but it would only lead to the chaos of the Republic and Bonapartist-Ceasarism. They hadn't benefitted the poor, only a few. The same was said about absolutism, which obviouusly only looked after the few. The "juste milieu" was said to be what one should strive toward. That this was the true moderate way of ruling that didn't repress the poor through reactionism and ingorance or lure them with chaos and Ceasarism. Several more in depth debates took lace, but the real emphasis was that the Juste milieu would bring order and not chaos and true liberty to France, while the extrem left and extreme right in the end only looked after themself and abused the poor classes for their own ends. For did not many of the Ultras and Liberals alike ignore the plight of the poor during the famine, did they not only care about them until they thratened to put up the barricades? They went as far to make it look like those who really cared about them now followed the middle road led by the Duke of Orléans. Was it not they who had set up several shelters and food stations for those who suffer?

For the poor Lothaire also showed them various plans that they intended to hold fundraisers to help build theaters in the poorer districts. Afterall they were members of the Parisian society and the entertainment of the modern world should not only be limited to the middle and upper classes. They were given bread and circus, and reminded that it was th good hearted men of the "juste milieu" who did all this.

While Lothaire made these advances toward both the poor stratas and the lower middle class, he mostly let Laffitte and moderate figures have the reins in the Chamber of Deputies and among the many festivities aimed to gain the support from the middle and upper class of Paris. However Lothaire would mor frequently attend to the various universitites and colleges. There he would hold gust lectures and meet with other intellectuals. The guest lectures was mostly about the "juste milieu" and offered in depth analysis of what they coined "Democratism", "Ceasarism" and "Absolutism". In short they all led to chaos and oppression in the end, and the only real alternative was the happy medium. The hopes was to gain the support of the students, the future of France, and the intellectual elite of Paris. Hopfully the many advances to the various segments of Paris, and France, would prove to be fruitful..

To the Duke of Orleans, unaddressed ((Private - @Cloud Strife))

Dear Uncle,

Your dog has slipped his leash again and is making the most remarkable noise. I've received several complaints from the neighbors. I'm concerned that his barking will be an intolerable disruption to the important work already taking place. He also seems to keep forgetting on which side of the street he lives. Can he not be trained to hunt with the rest of the pack rather than haring off on his own?

Do let me know what I can do to assist with the problem.

All my love,
Your nephew

XHZ4Ts0.png

A Glorious Funeral
The flag flew at half-mast. The second Grandmaster was dead, retired to his small townhouse in Toulouse. Men, clad in green, red, and blue marched shoulder to shoulder, a large show of respect for a man who grew a society from Le Boucher to one that was respected, large, and wholly independent. This flags for once didn't send the crowds fleeing to their door in which to lock. Instead they came out and joined. A city mourned, speakers from as far off as Calais gave soliloquies of length on the strength and being which was the second Grandmaster.

But now the organisation was at a crossroads, their longtime leader dead. What was next? Where is next?

The cadres gathered, the votes were cast. Alas, anarchy cannot last forever, and les Hommes once again were led by a man, a commoner, a loyal individual to the cause of Les Hommes.

Despite Lothaire's best attempts to stay in the backround some guests started to come to him, but he welcomed a change of evnents where he pursued men of importance and when they came to him instead.

"And all men hail the God of Wealth. Or at least we all do it. The Greeks fought valiant for years against a superior eastern foe. I am sure they had the blessing of the men of the antiqu and the God of theirs. Let us just not hope their sacrifice are not in vain and that th Greeks will truly be liberated soon. In honor of the gods and to great men such as myself Leonidas and Pericles. The latter a statesman among my rivals, but in times of need we come togther against our common enemy". Lothaire paused for a while and tried to analyse who the man was, but he could not. "Perhaps the God of Wealth, worshipped by all men, would care to say what he belive of the current political situation. Regarding the Ministry, National Guard and so on?"

"They do not wish my blessings bestowed on certain men." said Alexandre. "They only care about men who inherited the wealth I blessed their ancestors with ages ago. They disregard and ignore the men whom I have blessed recently, the men of new wealth. It saddens me greatly, for my blessings should be experienced by all with bias or segregation. I am sure the mighty Leonidas can understand this?"

Alexandre took another swig from the champagne glass. "The National Guard, I do not really care much for. Their existence showcases a compromise between this country's past and present, a compromise that is currently falling apart now that the King has taken actions to render it obsolete."

delacroix.tiff

Roy de Brye

Grandmaître des Hommes d'Artois ~ Technocrate ~ Aventurier

Information General:

Name: Roy de Brye
Date of Birth: 11th September, 1782 (48)
Place of Birth: Calais, France.
Current Residency: Toulouse, France.
Religion: Catholic
Profession: Third Grandmaster of Les Hommes d'Artois.
Political Affiliation: Saint-Germain Royalists.
Social Class: Third Estate.
Alma Mater: None.
Fluent in: French, Flemish, English.

Bio: Born to a family of peasant workers near the Flemish city of Brye to Norman parents, Roy grew up in the chaos of the Revolution, which left their mark on his psyche by making his utterly detest staying in one place lest be caught up in some ragtag or otherwise motley crew of sordid ne'er-do'wells. Roy spent some time in the French merchant marine, avoiding the Napoleonic Navy in favour of private merchants. His ship would be captured in 1801 by British warships, where he'd be pressganged into the British Navy, a needed body to fight Napoleon.

Roy (unwillingly) stayed in the British Navy until he was dismissed from forced labour in 1814, having lived on ships now for 13 years. This left Roy with nothing but a couple British pounds in his pocket and a fair bit of wanderlust. This would serve him well, as he would go back into the merchant marine until a scandal in 1817 in regards to the illegal importation of goods by one Comte de Saint Germain jailed Roy's captain and left Roy jobless again.

Luckily, a man by the name of Pierre Jaus would introduce de Brye to Les Hommes as a way to get back into work. Roy worked as a recruiter and hired hand for years, working his way up the ranks by his effectiveness and easy charm until the mid 1820s, when he led the Calais branch. de Brye worked diligently at his job until the passing of the Grandmaster Henri-Maurice in 1831, which kickstarted an internal race to see who would win.

Roy managed to secure the loyalty of the Paris and Toulouse branchmasters (the two most powerful non-grandmasters in the Society) through heavy promises of expansion and strengthening of the Society. This, combined with his not totally incompetent nature left Roy to secure the most votes in the coming vote.

However, Roy's personal politics are fairly unknown, and he is known primarily as a technocrat and a Les Hommes loyalist.

Honours and Titles:
Grandmaître de les Hommes d'Artois (1831 - Present)

"They do not wish my blessings bestowed on certain men." said Alexandre. "They only care about men who inherited the wealth I blessed their ancestors with ages ago. They disregard and ignore the men whom I have blessed recently, the men of new wealth. It saddens me greatly, for my blessings should be experienced by all with bias or segregation. I am sure the mighty Leonidas can understand this?"

Alexandre took another swig from the champagne glass. "The National Guard, I do not really care much for. Their existence showcases a compromise between this country's past and present, a compromise that is currently falling apart now that the King has taken actions to render it obsolete."

"There is a virtue in creating a wealth of their own. But we shouldn't disregard the wealth of those who inheritated it. I believe putting ourself in different castes based upon our current station is a foolish adventure. Perhaps the god of wealth should behold his blessing upon those who strive toward it? The National Guard is but a symptom of the current hsotile enviorment the men of the middle class find themself in. Let us just hope that the middle class, upper class and lower class alike are drawn toward happy medium, and not to the fringes of either the left or right. Do you have any idea who might be capable of such a leadership?"'.

Lothaire took another sip of his champagne and made a remark that he did not know Greeks had champagne and continued "while we're at it, are we not celebrating the Ancient Greeks? Should we enjoy the same political rights as they did, or are we already doing so?"

(( @Eid3r ))

The Kretan Bull, the head of a great white bull ontop of a fat body in a costume version of a Turkish infantryman's uniform to represent his villainous affiliation no doubt, makes way for the Goddess Athena. Steam emits from the nostrils of the bull...or is that cigar smoke clever funneled by the interior design of the mask?

"Lady Athena, have you seen this?"

The Bull holds out the radical pamphlet for a moment for Zeus' brainchild to read, shielding view of it from others with his rotund frame before rolling it back up and soaking it in his glass of wine to destroy it.

"Dangerous days ahead. I hope Hercules is ready for his labors."
((According to Shynka's post, this pamphlet is "passed out to 31 of the most trusted Officers" of which you are not a member. Thus, the pamphlet is private.))

Hôtel de Lassay, Paris

Belle could not help but gawk at everything she saw at the masquerade ball. She was glad to have her mask to hide the bewilderment clear on her face. The decorations were expensive and exotic, making Belle feel as though she was actually in Greece. The costumes were so elegant and refined, like nothing she had seen before. Back in Morlaix they had had festivals every so often, where the townspeople would dress up in colourful costumes to celebrate. Most of their garments had been gaudy, made from freshly plucked feathers, cheap materials, and garish jewellery. Those costumes would have gotten someone thrown out of this ball.

The couple slowly circled the room, with Louis making idle chatter with the other guests dressed as mythical Greek figures. Belle remained mostly silent, only giving input when attention was drawn directly to her. She was completely out of her element here and did not mind letting Louis take charge during every conversation. She was not accustomed to speaking to such prominent figures in Parisian society. Better to remain quiet whenever possible so as not to make a fool of herself. Belle spent most of her time admiring the scenery and costumes, as well as pondering on the myths associated with them. She had fortunately had a chance during her youth to read some of the Greek classics and learn of their pantheon of gods. A fascinating read for any bookworm.

Eventually they made their way over to a young gentleman dressed as Heracles. Louis leaned over and whispered to Belle, "It's probably time we greet one of our hosts."

When Heracles had finished speaking with one of the other guests, the two of them approached. Louis gave a faint bow, and Belle tried her best to do the same. Louis smiled, a tad discomforting mixed with his costume as Hades, and said, "Excuse this interruption, but I merely wished to offer my thanks to you and Athena for extending an invitation to the myself and my beloved wife. There are not many that would welcome the God of the Underworld into their halls. And what wonderful halls they are; truly fit for the Gods of Olympus."

Louis's expression grew more sombre and his voice lowered too. "I also wished to offer my most sincere condolences. Word reached me of your father's fate and I have always held Zeus in great esteem. Know that the God of the Underworld will stand by you during these troubling times if needed."

((@etranger01))

ON THE NATIONAL GUARD
A Speech by Matéo Gagnon
At one of the meetings for former National Guardsmen, Matéo Gagnon ascended to the podium after a chef de battalion speaking with poor grammar.

"My fellow Guardsmen, my colleagues and brothers, we stand here united in brotherly solidarity, classes and peoples united under our loyalty to France. We now find ourselves cast among the peoples and strata of Paris, lost and aimless, confused and humiliated. It is in this hour that we must be our most powerful, it is in this time that we must stand together, rally under one banner, and do our utmost to ensure that us Guardsmen are given the treatment we deserve. For we sacrificed for France, we fought for Paris, and now we have been cast aside, as if we were tools that have been worn dull.

We were promised stability by men such as Sully and his Royalist ilk. We were told to place our trust in false idols. Never again. We must not fall victim to those who would flash their gold, their riches, and their lies in order to entice us. We must not fall prey to the same lies that saw our once-proud brotherly organization disbanded. We must stand stalwart against those who wish to use us, and we must reject their promises and their superficial alms, for we will not fall prey to the same tricks of before. So, my brothers, my friends, I say this to you. When a man wearing gilded knickers approaches you with enticing gifts, reject them, for they will only lead to further ruin and decay for us and our colleagues. We are the remnants of the National Guard, and we must stand together, we reject and deny any help from those who would use us for ulterior agendas! We must work together, united as brothers for a greater future for the remnants of the National Guard!"

He descended from the podium to go and drink with his colleagues from the National Guard.

((@Michaelangelo))

Henri had done his duty as host, insofar as he had briefly interacted with virtually every member of the pantheon as well as most of the heroes. At least his tailor had taken care to lighten the lion-pelt cloak as much as possible, or otherwise he'd be practically stooped over by now. He handed off his sixth or seventh barely-touched glass of wine just before being greeted by dour Hades and lovely Persephone. He made his bow with practiced, almost casual grace; fifteen years in Parisian political circles had turned the clumsy young man into a polished... good Lord, was he middle-aged? Already? It felt like it had barely been a few months.

Fortunately the heroic mask hid his brief reverie and he recovered quickly. "It was our great honor that you chose to accept so soon after your great success. My congratulations to you both." No practiced move that; there was no disguising the genuine warmth in his voice. "If I may, it is always a pleasure to welcome a new member of the family, and I hope that you and yours will grace these halls again once we've shed our divine facades. It isn't often that we get to welcome guests safely escaped from the Underworld."

He received Louis' offer with an unreadable poise, inclining his head very slightly. "Thank you. We'd managed something of a reconciliation, before the end, and he would have been positively delighted to meet you. Instead, I must offer you my hospitality in his stead." A small, wry note enters his voice. "You can never have too many cousins, after all."

* Private *
At the first official meeting of the new 'True Franks' a document was passed around, outlining the basic proposal for the new French Republic, which was expected within the next two decades. The original document was hotly debated through two nights, before a rumour of a raid caused the party to quickly dissolve. A second draft stated the basic principles for a new French state.

y8URvrf.png

To M. Gagnon ((PRIVATE - @Korona))

Dear Captain,

Let me preface this letter by saying that my gilded knickers are safely stowed away, because my wife forbids me to sit down in them lest creases develop. I assure you, they're a trial. Gilded knickers, that is, not wives.

I was very pleased when I heard your name again. I recall you well from the disbandment and was pleased to offer what compensation I could to such a promising fellow for your steadfast service to France and her people. I trust that you've been well since then?

I've gotten word of your speech and I must say that I was encouraged by the passion and the energy that was recounted to me. We need more honest men, men with the courage and strength of their convictions, who also happen to be properly skeptical of Greeks bearing gifts. Or rich politicians, as the case may be.

As a rich politician who vaguely recalls being an honest man at one point in his life, I wish to offer you my support. As you may be aware, I've been attempting to enlist your fellow Guardsmen in my Good Society, but it occurs to me that the better route is to let the Society help the Guard rather than to absorb the Guard. The Guard already carries with it all the best principles and beliefs of the French nation and people, and all it really requires is proper funding and a suitable meeting-space.

Therefore, if you are amenable, I would like to invite you to visit the Good Society's organizing headquarters, there to speak with my man of business so that he can extend to you our full support in keeping the veterans of the Guard organized and sustained during this brief period of royal eclipse.

Please do not hesitate to reply or to call upon me at the Hôtel de Lassay should you wish to speak further.

Sincerely,
Henri Bourbon-Armentiéres
General of Brigade (ret.)

((Private letters to @Korona ))

Capitaine,

I heard rumors of you attending to on of the meetings for the former National Guardsmen, if it is one made of your own or by the Orléanists I am ignorant of, but it do not matter much. I am moved by your effort and I believe we have a common cause. As you know the doors for former National Guardsmen, who should be restablished, are always open. I would like you to take part of the so called festivity committee which in truth is some sort of party committee. Hopefully you can work together with other Orléanists in order to restore the National Guard and to stay on the path of the happy medium.

I am also working on a pamphlet to release in the streets of Paris. It is about the establishment of a new Homeguard in all of France, reformring the Reserves and the rightous re-establishment of the National Guard. I would like to gain your input on the matter.

Major and Deputy,
Lothaire Lécuyer.

((Private - @ThaHoward))

Major and Deputy,

I thank you for your letter, but I have a question to ask of you. Will festivities solve rampant homelessness and poverty? Will champagne and pastries make us forget our humiliation? Will parties cure the ailments that plague my brothers? I beg of you to take off your gilded epaulettes and examine the plight of me and my colleagues for what it truly is. We are not some tool to be used, we are men, and I beg of you to treat us as such.

Matéo Gagnon

((Private - @ThaHoward))

Major and Deputy,

I thank you for your letter, but I have a question to ask of you. Will festivities solve rampant homelessness and poverty? Will champagne and pastries make us forget our humiliation? Will parties cure the ailments that plague my brothers? I beg of you to take off your gilded epaulettes and examine the plight of me and my colleagues for what it truly is. We are not some tool to be used, we are men, and I beg of you to treat us as such.

Matéo Gagnon

Capitaine,

Your questions are good and important. For the poor we are hosting several charities that the committee host and plan. We also have set up several food stations etc. in poorer districts. The Duke of Orléans are also personally compensating several former National Guards and giving donation to the less unfortunate. You may believe that you are treated as tools, but I don't see how you are. If you feel it that way please let me know. I for one see you as men, and wish to correct the wrongs that were done to you and many others.

Regards,
Lothaire Lécuyer.

((@Michaelangelo))

Henri had done his duty as host, insofar as he had briefly interacted with virtually every member of the pantheon as well as most of the heroes. At least his tailor had taken care to lighten the lion-pelt cloak as much as possible, or otherwise he'd be practically stooped over by now. He handed off his sixth or seventh barely-touched glass of wine just before being greeted by dour Hades and lovely Persephone. He made his bow with practiced, almost casual grace; fifteen years in Parisian political circles had turned the clumsy young man into a polished... good Lord, was he middle-aged? Already? It felt like it had barely been a few months.

Fortunately the heroic mask hid his brief reverie and he recovered quickly. "It was our great honor that you chose to accept so soon after your great success. My congratulations to you both." No practiced move that; there was no disguising the genuine warmth in his voice. "If I may, it is always a pleasure to welcome a new member of the family, and I hope that you and yours will grace these halls again once we've shed our divine facades. It isn't often that we get to welcome guests safely escaped from the Underworld."

He received Louis' offer with an unreadable poise, inclining his head very slightly. "Thank you. We'd managed something of a reconciliation, before the end, and he would have been positively delighted to meet you. Instead, I must offer you my hospitality in his stead." A small, wry note enters his voice. "You can never have too many cousins, after all."

"It is good though that you remain strong in such troubling times, enjoying revelries such as this," Louis said. His gaze wandered off for a moment, as if looking at something unseen in the distance. "I have had my fair share of tragedy and know how easy it is to succumb to the darkness that plagues all men's souls."

As if realizing the dark turn his conversation had taken, Louis shook his head slightly and gave a friendly smile. "But we should not be speaking of such things when we have the liberation of Greece to celebrate. Even the God of the Underworld can rejoice at such a thing."

Belle had been listening to her husband talk with Henri, and although she knew he was the host it had taken her awhile to catch on to exactly who he was. Louis's second cousin, she believed. It was a good thing she wasn't being questioned on such things or she'd look like a fool. As the conversation drifted towards the topic of Greece, she finally felt that she could interject. She didn't want to give everyone the impression she was just some bored housewife who never spoke a word while her husband was present.

"The world is certainly a better place now that the Greeks are free to decide their own fate," Belle said, clinging a bit more tightly to Louis's arm as though she needed his strength. "I've always been quite fond of the many great ideas and works of literature they produced back in ancient times. One can only hope that the newly reborn Greece can be a beacon of enlightenment amongst a sea of ignorance."

The Masquerade Ball.

Lothaire approached the on he believed to be the host. He got straight to the point and said
"My good God of Strenght and averter of evil. What are your opinion upon what is evil in today's France and how we can avert it? Speaking of strength, I wonder if you have anything such as ouzo or raki? Something men like us can toast in the honor of Greece and her liberty!"

((@etranger01 ))

((@Michaelangelo))

Henri inclined his head to acknowledge Louis' own pain. "Of course. But it is in the company of others that we chase the darkness away, or so I am reliably told." He gestured to a servant to bring the Lord and Lady of the Underworld some suitable wine as he listened to Louis, then Belle, responding to the latter. "I am in full accord, princesse. I was skeptical of the Hellenic adventure at first, but it was accomplished most masterfully, and to the general benefit of civilization."

((@ThaHoward))

Henri-as-Heracles regarded the masked Leonidas and his unmistakable speech pattern with an wry, unseen quirk of the mouth. He gestured to another servant, who offered Lécuyer a glass of excellent French wine -- alas, there would be no ouzo outside Greece for some years. His reply drifted out from behind his mask. "All concerns of men go wrong when they wish to cure evil with evil."

((@Michaelangelo))

Henri inclined his head to acknowledge Louis' own pain. "Of course. But it is in the company of others that we chase the darkness away, or so I am reliably told." He gestured to a servant to bring the Lord and Lady of the Underworld some suitable wine as he listened to Louis, then Belle, responding to the latter. "I am in full accord, princesse. I was skeptical of the Hellenic adventure at first, but it was accomplished most masterfully, and to the general benefit of civilization."

((@ThaHoward))

Henri-as-Heracles regarded the masked Leonidas and his unmistakable speech pattern with an wry, unseen quirk of the mouth. He gestured to another servant, who offered Lécuyer a glass of excellent French wine -- alas, there would be no ouzo outside Greece for some years. His reply drifted out from behind his mask. "All concerns of men go wrong when they wish to cure evil with evil."

The servant returned with some wine for Louis and Belle. Louis claimed his glass with great relish, took a sip, and let out a content sigh. Belle only took hers with great reluctance. She was not much of a drinker and did not have an overt fondness for alcohol. She took a single sip and did her best not to squeeze her lips together in distaste at the almost overbearing mix of sweetness and bitterness. She didn't want to offend her host with her general lack of fondness for alcohol.

Before Belle could respond to Henri, a man dressed as Leonidas appeared to speak with the host. When he mentioned something about the evil in France, Belle glanced away, feeling that this was not a conversation she should be a part of. Such talk brought back memories of her first trip to Paris, of the poor people suffering in the streets. At times such thoughts came to her, and she felt an overwhelming sense of guilt. It seemed so long ago that she had was almost like them, living on what money her father could scrounge together and struggling to stave off starvation. Now she was drinking wine with lords and ladies. Just because she had escaped that life did not mean the countless others who were suffering ever would.

Perhaps sensing her discomfort, Louis politely excused both of them from their conversation with Henri, stating that they had yet to speak with Athena. He gently pulled Belle away, leaving Henri to speak freely about politics with Leonidas. Neither of them said anything to each other, for they had reached a state of deep connection where they knew what the other was thinking or feeling without having to ask. Belle nuzzled up closer to Louis as he guided her across the room. She supposed she should appear less clingy, but she felt more comfortable keeping him close in this unfamiliar environment. She wasn't doing a great job of staying in character, for Persephone would not have acted so attached to Hades as she was.

The Marquise was making her rounds, attending to her guests. Belle couldn't help but admire the woman's great beauty, put on display by her most intricate outfit. These nobles certainly knew how to dress. When the Marquise had a free moment, the two of them approached. Louis, as usual, took charge. "Fair Athena, it is always a pleasure to be graced with the presence of one of such renowned wisdom. Persephone and I wish to offer our most sincere thanks for inviting us to this splendid celebration. It is certainly a much greater step up from the Underworld we two spend most of our time in."

((@Eid3r))

"Your Royal Highness. I have spoken with your sister and we spoke she advised to up my efforts to sway the poor people in Paris and former National Guard members. I will do so, but it will be mostly charitable events and not ones that are demagougic in nature. As she said it herself we need to be the middleground between outirght democracy and absolutetism. And I'm certain you are of the same belief. Alltough I do not like to put myself into what may look as populism, at least it is better to get the unfranchised over to the happy medium rather than to outright radicalism".
"Yes, I have seen some of the positive effects of your efforts on our causes' behalf in the streets. Why, I was passing through the front of the Palais-Royal and the beggars were respectfully demanding alms instead of shaking their fists towards my carriage and pelting my guards with rotten food. Imagine that! The masses can be quite fickle but I suppose as long we maintain a slow burn of events and continue the grain dole we can shift to ramping up efforts if need be. Take care not to overdo the matter and make sure you grow your contacts with in the lower classes to ensure an orderly distribution of aid. These programs will benefit many of your former Veteran's League members and those in the former National Guard reliant on whatever residual privileges such voluntarily service brought to their families.

"I will warn you, as my sisters and other would probably not do so because they're more 'Orleanist' than I myself... while I would not be directly attacked for my efforts you are in a position to be targeted as my proxy. He who controls the Parisian mob controls Paris and he who controls Paris controls the government; those who desire power over their fellow man might interpret our efforts to ameliorate the plight of the unfortunate will accuse us of all sorts of tomfoolery. Remember, the tallest blade of grass gets cut down first. Do not overly make of yourself a lightning rod for controversy, my dear deputy."