• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any idea how many events need to be changed in the SSREM or the Paradox version? I mean, can we be sure that this is the easier route?

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Any idea how many events need to be changed in the SSREM or the Paradox version? I mean, can we be sure that this is the easier route?

There's quite a few events, but if we come up with a formula beforehand to determine the ratio of RR to revolts, it should just be a matter of cutting and pasting the new command lines into the event. Its a somewhat tedious process, but based on my previous mods of the random events file, a mod of this size can be done in an hour or so.

Random events with +/- RR from the 1.07beta randomevents.txt:

Wave of Obscuration +3 for 12 months
Nobles demand Old Rights +2 for 24 months
Nobles demand Old Rights +2 for 24 months
Meteor Sighted +1 for 12 months
Saints performs Miracle -3 for 12 months

Japanese random events:
Tokusei Ikki +15 for 6 months
Ikko-Ikki +15 for 12 months
A daimyo demands rights and better position +6 for 24 months

Do we really want to tackle fixing/changing these events for the first BETA AGCEEP ?

I think this thread is a good discussion on the way RR works in the latest beta, but we shoudl remember that the way it works right now is not neccessarily a bug, and that this is how Paradox intends it to work, and what with more patches coming out from Johan again, who knows if it will get tweaked again?

SO, continue to discuss, but I dont think we should incorporate any broad sweeping changes for the BETA AGCEEP.

Late,
Jester

If Kaigon has identified all the random events it's not a stupendous task to scale them with stab hits and revolts in a sensible way. In particular as there are only 12 months and 24 months I think I have an interesting idea.

In any case I don't think it's a good idea for a beta. The initial plan was to cobble something together to work from. This should await the first release.

if there are only 5 random events with +/- RR, then it wouldnt be that difficult, and i agree a combination of stability hit and revolts should replace them. however, i think there are quite a number of new random events made by both people in AGC and EEP and i m not sure how many there are. they will all need to be changed.

Originally posted by Sun_Zi_36
if there are only 5 random events with +/- RR, then it wouldnt be that difficult, and i agree a combination of stability hit and revolts should replace them. however, i think there are quite a number of new random events made by both people in AGC and EEP and i m not sure how many there are. they will all need to be changed.
The AGC random events are SSREM random events, and, as such, there are only a few that affect the RR.

SSREM RR events (latest release)

Base:
9x017: Wave of obscuratism 3/12
9x084: Nobles demand old rights 2/24 (option b)
9x088: Meteor sighted 1/12
9x089: Saint performs miracles -3/12

Nipponese:
9x138: Tokusei-Ikki 15/6 (option b)
9x139: Ikko-Ikki 15/12 (option b)
9x140: Daimyo demands rights 6/24 (option b)

Originally EEP: (some more or less equivalent event probably still remains in the EEP)
9x213: Treacherous noble arrested 10/3 (worst case, 3/60, option c)
9x214: Same as 9x213
9x218: Famine! 5/12 (option a for small nations, option b for large [9+])
9x219: Famine! 7/12 (option a for small nations, option b for large [9+])
9x220: Foreign powers are funding dissidents 3/3 (was 15/3 or something like that in the original EEP event)
9x230: Religious Intolerance 4/12 (mutually exclusive with 9x231)
9x231: Goodwill towards all -4/12 (mutually exclusive with 9x230)

SSREM only events:
9x313: The Torch of Liberty [peacetime variant] 40/6 (yes, this is harsh, but if you ever get this event, you richly deserve it - even if the effects are extended to 20 years)
9x314: The Torch of Liberty [wartime variant] 60/9 [same as 9x313. Only the truly deserving of major pain ever receive this event]

Torch of Liberty trigger:
Code:
[color=white]
	trigger = {
		badboy = 70
		countrysize = 80
		atwar = no # yes in wartime variant
		NOT = { stability = 1 } # 2 in wartime variant
	}
[/color]