• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Toio

Field Marshal
6 Badges
Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
I have to keep fixing the revolt file so that the TUR , for one, can pursue its agenda instead of fighting, SER, BUL, ALB, ATH, BOS over and over and over again.
I see no benefit in these nation reappearing when they did not appear in history. granted if they last longer than what they did in history, then I have no issue with this

next

TEU = { #Teutonic Order
revolt = no
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
expirydate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1540 }
minimum = { 290 1944 301 283 282 276 1009 1963 }
extra = { 275 }
capital = 290
group = latin
culture = low_german
religion = catholic
ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

as far as I know , by using revolt = no, TEU will never revolt except via event, is this what we want, as I am unsure

if we use

TEU = { #Teutonic Order
no = POL
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
expirydate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1540 }
minimum = { 290 1944 301 283 282 276 1009 1963 }
extra = { 275 }
capital = 290
group = latin
culture = low_german
religion = catholic
ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

then TEU can revolt from anybody except POL

As I said, I do not know the direction that should be taken

TEU should not revolt at all. The revolter is PRU.

We should either advance the deathdates of those nations or add no = TUR. I prefer the latter so that they can revolt from someone else or from the player if he chooses to release them.

TEU should not revolt at all. The revolter is PRU.

We should either advance the deathdates of those nations or add no = TUR. I prefer the latter so that they can revolt from someone else or from the player if he chooses to release them.

yep, ok on TEU ......i thought about it and wondered why we need any TAGs that have revolt = no , but maybe they are required for an event

ok, on no = TUR ......we will test. These revolters are a handicap for TUR as it prevents MAM events happening

I have to keep fixing the revolt file so that the TUR , for one, can pursue its agenda instead of fighting, SER, BUL, ALB, ATH, BOS over and over and over again.
Well, if you remove those revolters the provinces will defect to Poland, Austria, Venice or Russia.

Speaking of Russia: In both of my games they did quite well for a while, but then those nasty uprisings kicked in and they lost most of their gains through defections + cores to Poland.

As Basileios says, rebellious frontier provinces would still defect to nearby countries and that could actually be worse for the AI. I suggest we lighten up the revolt events if we constantly see the AI fairing badly against rebels.

As Basileios says, rebellious frontier provinces would still defect to nearby countries and that could actually be worse for the AI. I suggest we lighten up the revolt events if we constantly see the AI fairing badly against rebels.

iirc defections work like this
1 - defect to same culture states ( so cultures are vital and enhance the game )
2 - defect to same religion states ( I never seen this but was told this is how it is )

so albanians to defect would be zero if we had no=TUR, after 48 months the situation would be a province in rebel hands waiting for the TUR to retake it.

Also, they cannot deflect to states which are not neighbors ( 1 sea channel is removed for this calculation )
this is the new system.

the old system was that the AI would cover the province with some troops so that revolts away would never happen and again a wait time for TUR to send more men to recapture this.
also, islands could never revolt away in the old system. They can now, which is why you see crete going to Morea

the new system of placing a covering force on a rebel land does not work anymore, it will rebel away after 48 months

so defecting to states that do not meet the criteria is a non issue.

no change here?

causes the TUR game to flounder, the only way I get the TUR in my screenshots to reach vienna is by fixing this revolt file

I forgot. We could also remove land = 10 from the rebels' countries.txt entry if this trend continues.

i had to start game again as TUR was horrible, so I only made cahnges to revolt file of no=TUR for nations I thought should not free themselves from the Ottomans