• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How the heck did you get 170 effective IC out of 50 base!? Is modern technology that good?

I'd love to play MDS again, but, how can one play a good game if even large countries such as Russia have only 50 IC? :wacko: You won't hardly be able to build anything with that :) lol

Does MDS work with DD:A?

180px-Standard_of_the_President_of_the_Russian_Federation.svg.png

Revival of Russia, Part 1

The New Cold War?​

Cabinet.jpg

September 12, 2003

Just like he had been after Putin's first belligerent speech Carl was shocked once again, although now he had come to expect only that when he was summoned to the Kremlin.
As he walked trough the streets of Moscow he thought of the implications this would have on the United State's policy towards Russia, would an embargo be imposed? Would journalists, such as himself, be called back?

September 16, 2003

"Sir, our spies in the United States have once again done a stunning job.
The smear campaign against Bush is going fantastically." Sergey Nikolayevich Lebedev reported, he was Putin's head of intelligence, and the former head of the KGB, which had in secret been revived again. The РИЗA,RISA, or The Russian Intelligence and Subversion Agency.

"Great news comrade, now Fradkov, how was our news received globally?" Putin asked, reminding himself to do away with him soon and install himself as head of the government.
"The American president was asked about it yesterday, but as he is being accused of going to Iraq only for it's natural resources he can't really condemn us for threatening his position just there.
The Pakistanis were alarmed but China has assured them we will not strike, knowing that they are being protected by China. The rest of the world didn't seem to be alarmed." Fradkov said, assuring Putin nothing was wrong.

Persiajoinsthefold.jpg
Finally another power joins the CIS

"And what about the Iranians themselves? Have they protested the Khomeini's decision?" Putin asked, pleased that all was going to plan.
"No sir, not at all, they rejoiced!" Sergey Nikolayevich Lebedev suddenly interrupted, "Many of them have already started to move across the border, our weapons should give the Americans a real insurgency to fight!"
"Great comrade! Let's hope your plan works and keeps the Americans too occupied to interfere with our further plans!" Putin now turned to Nikolay Viktorovich Kormiltsev, his Chief of the Army.

"What about the army Nikolay, is there any further news?" Putin asked him, knowing fully well no new divisions had been recruited.
Nikolay smirked, he knew this would surprise them, "Yes! Our army is being upgraded as we speak! Just now I have received yet another letter about a division that has been upgraded."

Recruitment12.jpg
The contents of the letter

Putin was absolutely delighted and after the meeting he approached Kormiltsev, "How would you feel about becoming the Head of Government, my friend?"
"What do you mean sir? Not only is that post taken by Fradkov, I am too busy restructuring the army."
"I know you are busy, comrade, but I'd be taking over the army. Isn't that a good idea?
Think about my proposal my friend, so that you can stay in my inner circle."

Sladislakow's smear campaign was working, Bush never had a response ready for the questions he asked after a press conference and whenever he talked about Russia, Sladislakow would set the tone by ridiculing him for just being scared that the next nation he would try to overthrow would be backed by Russia. Sladislakow was truly very pleased with himself, not only had he brought Bush in serious discredit, he had also convinced the other 'White House Regulars' as they were called, he was right.

ScreenSave392.jpg
Yet another Terrorist action had caused US soldiers to be killed horribly.

As Bush walked into the library the crowd in New York kept shouting various anti-Bush slogans, the man looked broken from up close Sladislakow thought, obviously he would lose the next election, maybe he would be able to return to Russia soon.
It seemed the RISA had completed it's first assignment succesfully, all thanks to him.
"How many soldiers will die for oil, Bush? How many? Another 5,000?"
"Oil-addict!"
"Stop wasting our sons away!"
"No more blood for oil!"
"Impeach the oil-aholic!"
bushdone.jpg

Bush, broken and defeated. The RISA was his downfall

I hope you enjoyed! I'm sorry this part was still a bit introdoctury. Another part MIGHT follow later this evening.

Some more detailed installation tips.
Herbert West said:
Hy!

I'm quite puzzled with how MDS supposedly installs itself.
How is it done right?

Also, what files need moddeing for the game to have events (you mentioned this)

You should use the preinstaller, it'll copy your doomsday folder. (make sure it's 1.3a) then use the installer to create the map MDS2 Beta v1.4.0 in program files, copy the contents of MDS2 Beta v1.4.0 into the copied doomsday map. Voila! There you have it, your very own MSD2 install.
I'm sorry about the events, as for my events for Russia, I'll release them after my campaign is done.
Most nations do have some limited events though, a war will trigger by itself!

Last edited:
Nice update :)

The Ukranian Treachery​

Ukraine2.jpg

November 17, 2003​

"WHAT???" Putin couldn't controll himself, the members of the joint staff looked at him with fear in their eyes, and not just for their position.
"They invaded Belarus? Ukraine invaded Belarus? Impossible! How can they disregard our guarantee of Belarussian independence?" Putin started circling the unlucky man who had delivered the message.
"Apparently sir, it isn't impossible, seeing as how it just happened." the man replied.
"You have cheek boy, I like it. What's your name? Where are you from?"
"My name is Leninsson sir, I'm from Latvia."
"Wel, consider yourself promoted to my personal advisor, join me later to talk about what your new position will entail." Putin said, dismissing Boris Leninsson.

"Kormiltsev, what's the state of the army?"
"As you know sir, North Korea has been pressured by South Korea lately, we thought it prudent to send our armies East, to help our friends if they were to be invaded by their Southern counterparts. It will take some time to reorganise, for now we will have to gather the few armies we have in cisural Russia, about 25 divisions." Kormiltsev said.
"The airforce, however, will be able to gather in full force." Mikhailov noted, angering Kormiltsev to no end.
"And our Black See flotillas will be able to control the sea of Azov, no Ukrainians will cross the strait, our land divisions can concentrate on attacking the concentrations of troops in the Crimea, not defending from them.

November 22, 2003

Leninsson arrived at Teheran international airport, feeling tired, but radiating confidence, Putin had sent him to Iran to convince the Iranian leaders of sending divisions to the Ukranian border,.
"Good day to you, sir Khomeini" Boris said, shaking hands with the religious and true political leader of Iran.
"Please, don't call me sir, just Khomeini will suffice." Khomeini said and he and Boris started talking about various things, moving from the airport of Teheran to the old palace of the shah. Maybe Leninsson could get him to pledge support tomorrow.

Sorry that it's so short, but I had to finish up, my parents wanted me to go to bed, I'll cover the war itself tomorrow.

This sort of Ukrainian agression can't go unchecked. Russia will have to send in "peacekeepers." And after Ukraine's been defeated they'll have to remain in the area as "observers" to make sure there's no further problems.

You should erase the "suicide bomber kills US-soldiers in Iraq". It justs adds alot of dissent for USA which is HARD to handle, which in the long way turns USA into a country ruled by CSA, California and Partisans.