• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(286778)

Banned
8 Badges
Mar 18, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Reunite the Roman Peoples - A Wallachian AAR

Hey guys, this is my second try at an AAR and I was scrolling through the AAR thread and didn't see any Wallachian AAR's. I'm using the beta patch for DW (now using the new 5.1 patch), so I'd like to get this started soon. My first run with Wallachia went surprisingly well, but this time things will obviously be different and maybe even harder. Well wish me good luck and hopefully you'll enjoy. :)

My goals:
  • Push Ottomans out of Europe
  • Annihilate the Byzantine Empire
  • Form Romania
  • Finish off the Hungarians, and Polish unless they succeeded in pushing the Horde back
  • After I form Romania and all that Slavic tough love I'll try to decide what to do next

Now all I have to do is get these screenshots together and blam! Here we go.

Last edited:
I think the title should be 'Reuniting the Romanian peoples', it's a nice idea but very hard.

Intro - Early Planning
1, January 1418

Duke Mihail I Basarab stared closely at the torn map of Eastern Europe, focusing on the two small countries, Moldavia, and Transylvania. He finally navigated his eyes to the south, which lay the countries, Byzantine, scattered Greek nations, the Ottomans, and finally the Muslim countries in Asia Minor.

2pq028z.jpg

Basarab thought to himself. What could he do? He was a small puppet state wedged between Hungary, the Ottomans, the Golden Horde, and more vassals or soon to be vassals. He finally demanded that his country should be more centralized to "even out the odds". But it came at great risk.

x26rlj.jpg

The peasants risen up to worship a "new ruler who will restore local privileges". The Duke was not intimidated until he was informed that the rebels were four times stronger than the Wallachian army. Basarab may have been worried but the Sultanate, Mehmet I Osmanli brought fear to the rebels. He promised Basarab that reinforcements will come to aid.

53nubt.jpg

Basarab was still worried about the incoming rebels, but he trusted Osmanli. He decided he needed help ruling his small country so he hired two advisor's named Flaviu Cantacuzino, and Petro Golescu.

15qt2js.jpg

It has been one day since the siege and already Basarab is panicking, no reinforcements have come and sending in his 1000 men strong army is suicide against the 4000 strong rebels since both had the same weapons because of how poor Wallachia was. He demanded that Osmanli gets his troops to Wallachia faster or he might have to surrender Oltenia to the peasant invaders. This only worsened the relation between the two.

bbzpg.jpg

Instead of meeting up in Wallachia's capital, the Ottoman army decided to take care of it on its own. Victory was guaranteed, but it wasn't the end.

344wdxy.jpg

1oodxh.jpg

Great, very helpful. A decrease of war exhaustion, oh wait! I'm not in a war... :p

Basarab ordered that 1000 men be recruited in Wallachia, and Oltenia still knowing that the rebels were on the run. Without him knowing the Ottoman army had began to return home, which meant he had to defeat his own people by himself. Basarab was not happy with Osmanli's decision.

---

Yeah sorry this is focusing on one battle but things will get more interesting. Maybe. Visiting family, so I'm using their computer till I get back (I'm back).

Last edited:
I like the style, and yes Wachallia is hard, I wish you luck, I'm attempting a Serbia AAR right now, Hopefully we both succeed.

I think the title should be 'Reuniting the Romanian peoples', it's a nice idea but very hard.
The word "Romania" is derived from Latin romanus, although you probably know that. They speak a Romanesque language, too. Interestingly enough, during the later days of the Empire, Rome was known as Rhomania or Romania in Latin, meaning land of the Romans.

I'll be watching this AAR. Thumbs up - if something comes out of this it'll be impressive.

Nice choice of nation. I'll be following.

Hell yeah I'm back!! I'll try to get a new update up tonight. :D

Thanks guys. :)

EDIT:
@frissdassuboote I wish you luck with your Serbian game, hopefully you can make a Serbian Yugoslavia. Sadly without the Yugoslavia. :(

@Malurous Thanks man, that helps. :)

@Ameilian Thanks for explaining that, I was gonna change the title but someone convinced me not to. Thanks mod.

Chapter I - Death In Foreign Court
10, February 1418

After the rebels defeat at Oltenia they retreated into the capital. Big mistake. The Duke had ordered more men be recruited and trained in the capital and the main Wallachian Army was heading back to finish off the meat. There was also a new fresh batch of recruits almost ready to die for their King.

2cde3wg.jpg

The Wallachian Army had chased the rebels back and forth and finally had trapped them in the area where it all began.

2zt8qy9.jpg

After the battle our troops had captured most of the rebels and had executed them. They were still roaming on Wallachian soil, but the rest were finally caught in the capital and also executed.

After the constant battles with the partisans, Basarab and Osmanli decided to greet each other a nice visit and increase relations with each other, but in return for the protection of our weak country we had to do everything the Ottoman Empire demanded. Even annexation, but Basarab knew that declining was a foolish thing and would only lead to his abdication and execution. After that they greeted each other fair well.

24ybocm.jpg

One month later the Golden Horde had invaded our Moldavian Brethren, Basarab was shocked, but not his advisor's. The Moldavian Army was crushed by the immortal Golden Horde, Basarab pleaded that the Ottomans aid him in his war against the Golden Horde but was declined.

wbc70z.jpg

Luckily the Polish saved the day... for now.

29vnytc.jpg

Basarab was relieved, but he knew that the Horde would soon cross his borders. He was later informed that his Hungarian neighbor Transylvania was being invaded by Serbia (acting only in defence) and that the Sultanate had declared war on the Muslim countries Ak Koyunlu, Aydin, and Candar. Soon Basarab was forced to join the war against most of Asia Minor.

27x48sn.jpg

25pjvxx.jpg

Twenty five days later the Sultanate Mehmet I Osmanli had died from a pain in the chest. His heir was too young to rule which meant the Turks had a regency ruling their country. Basarab saw this as his chance but the advisor's luckily convinced him to wait.

---

Yeah sorry this is so short but more will be coming. Thanks for reading. :)
Oh by the way are the pictures hard to read?
Nevermind I changed the pictures cause I screwed something up, thanks.

Last edited:
Interesting nation. I'll definitely be following. Why a 1418 start though?

I've been waiting for someone to ask that, but its because I'm a vassal of the Turks. Helps a lot.

I think that patch screwed me over. Badly. No I'm serious! This patch is making my life hell right now, well anyways back to my game. :)

Last edited:
Wallachia? That's an interesting choice! Good luck, I'll be following. :)

Wallachia? That's an interesting choice! Good luck, I'll be following. :)

Thanks, but this new patch just ruined my confidence, but I won't end the AAR because of a few crippling events.

You'll just have to wait and see, I'll try to get a post up after the 31st. I'm sorry guys, getting ready for a party and the place I'm going to has a different computer.

There's no need to fear, my AAR is almost here!
Thats good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.