• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 17, 2005
GelderlandTitle.jpg

Wacky, nonsensical, idiotic, freaky and definately moronic AAR of sorts! - Welcome to the madness
The English Financial Review (WC Attempt) EU2
Unleash the Beast (EXTREME SCREENIES) - PERSIA, It is good to be the king - ENGLAND, I came, I saw, I conquered - OTTOMANS, Warning = Dont try this at home - HYPER VENICE

Last edited:
No promises, but hopefully I can make something of this...(as in play a few years), definately no smart writing stuff, just some pics, maybe one or two comments here there, maybe a graph too

1.09 Vanilla, Very Hard/Coward

Aims - Gain all Dutch territories, beat up the Iberians, colonize, gain some cots, aid the French to grow massive, beat up on whoever stands in our way...more or less everyone....(though this is no WC, by any stretch of the imagination)...just kick some butts and have a good laugh about it along the way (though no wacky nonsense).

Start soon...

Last edited:
I'll have to keep an eye on this one...

This one could be fun watching. Haven't really seen an AAR where anyone wants to help France instead of destroying them. :) Guess it may help if you are to keep off those Spaniards. Good luck with it!

Another Real Deal aar?Im in.And add some wacky nonsense to the mix too,please. :rolleyes: <---- trying to look begging

Yeah, a Dutch AAR! Count me in. Although I am disgusted by your plan concerning France, I will follow this. Good luck.

I'm still waiting for you to fulfill your promise to finish your Persian one ;)

Amric said:
I'll have to keep an eye on this one...

Thanks Amric...

Katapraktoi said:
This one could be fun watching. Haven't really seen an AAR where anyone wants to help France instead of destroying them. :) Guess it may help if you are to keep off those Spaniards. Good luck with it!

Well theres a thread in the main forum about helping the ai nations, so I thought Id give it a go (and well France seemed as good as any to help), perhaps I may also be able to post a pic of France in "the biggest ai nation I ever seen" thread, by the end of it all :D

EvilSanta said:
Another Real Deal aar?Im in.And add some wacky nonsense to the mix too,please. :rolleyes: <---- trying to look begging

Yes, I dont know why...didnt really have much of a break, but I thought I could play a casual game (and I seem compelled to present it in some form as an aar), I cant realy say Im in the wacky zone...see what happens as I go...

TheSynergy said:
I haven't seen many Dutch AAR's, looking forward to this.

Hope you enjoy...the pictorial affair

Snake IV said:
A new The Real Deal AAR, time to switch to your wachy mode. :D

Really...no wackiness...You guys just trying to get me started, I know it.

Duke of Wellington said:
Looking forward to this. Your AARs are some of my favourite TRD. Haven't you done a Geldre one before?

Well thanks Duke...um...I guess Im just experimenting with different forms of pictorial presentation. Yes I started a Geldre before, they are one of my favorite nations and I am drawn to do an aar for any game I start, I cant explain it.

Grundius said:
Yeah, a Dutch AAR! Count me in. Although I am disgusted by your plan concerning France, I will follow this. Good luck.

Your counted. Disgusted...I think it may be a good aim to keep me interested, to see how big Geldre can help France get...sounds like a challenge :)

stnylan said:
I'm still waiting for you to fulfill your promise to finish your Persian one ;)

Duke of Wellington said:
Ditto to that

That old thing.... :D , I thought that was long forgotten...I know I promised (my mistake :rofl: )....I still have the save....just well, Im alittle manic at times and get bored fast (hence dont like reading much).......I should do it....what goals are there for me?

Would you believe when I saw how you had introduced your AAR, I actually went back to the beginning, cued the Star Wars theme, and scrolled down slowly? ;)

Haha, that was was quite funny way to present your gameplay! :) But I don't understand whom you're trying to help. Is it Bretange (Brettony? spelling) you want to help so they'll become France? Or Lorraine? Since you have an arrow pointing at France saying they are rebels, and all other French duchies except for Brettony(?) and Lorraine have that arrow, and Burgundy as well but they are counted as dark forces. :) I'd guess you'd pick Lorraine since you had a marriage with them, but... they'll soon be annexed and out of the game. :) Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things fare to see your ultimate goal in helping France. Keep up the good work!

Duke of Wellington said:
No religion left but Shiite :D

No way...not going through that again...oh the headaches

EvilSanta said:
Ahh,shiite dutch...Could things get any better?

Is that what you would really like to see?...could be done I suppose, but is it worth it? .............................................................Nah :)

Duke of Wellington said:
I actually missed the update must have posted it whilst I was replying. Off to a good start you've certainly got a lot of money there for so early. Good old looting.

The spending money will come in handy somewhere, sure I'll find somewhere for it...

Henry v. Keiper said:
Would you believe when I saw how you had introduced your AAR, I actually went back to the beginning, cued the Star Wars theme, and scrolled down slowly? ;)

No I wouldnt :D , I did spend alittle time trying to find out how to do the words like in the star wars intro, but failed.

Katapraktoi said:
Haha, that was was quite funny way to present your gameplay! :) But I don't understand whom you're trying to help. Is it Bretange (Brettony? spelling) you want to help so they'll become France? Or Lorraine? Since you have an arrow pointing at France saying they are rebels, and all other French duchies except for Brettony(?) and Lorraine have that arrow, and Burgundy as well but they are counted as dark forces. :) I'd guess you'd pick Lorraine since you had a marriage with them, but... they'll soon be annexed and out of the game. :) Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things fare to see your ultimate goal in helping France. Keep up the good work!

Glad you liked it! The rebels are the 'good guys' in Star wars, thats who the Dutch will be helping (Luke Skywalker style - though England is probably not Geldre's father), not directly at present (but definately indirectly in last war, drawing attention away from them), but I hope soon to have France proper in Geldre's alliance, until then just aid them where I can.

I have marriages with many nations already, I just highlighted Lorraine's when I wanted to see the proportions of the 'dark alliances' troops there.