• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks like the Byzantines have proven themselves to be the true successor state of Rome.

Time to pacify Gaul for the Byzantines. Can't even hold onto their own conquests. :rolleyes:
As I said, there can only be one!

Chapter 24: The Empire Strikes Back, Part 1

Nuclear warheads were detonated over England, the Confederacy, and Brazil, but that did little to slow down the momentum of the Marxist Confederation/Entente. The British responded by detonating nukes over France and the Low Countries.
2015-07-20_00037.jpg
Imperial troops in Spain advanced into Dunkirk, linking up with German forces under General von Spee to attack the British invasion forces.
2015-07-20_00038.jpg
It was a massacre for the British, and the Syndicalists fled across the Channel.
2015-07-20_00039.jpg
In Africa, colonial troops fought head to head, with progress being slowly made.
2015-07-20_00042.jpg
The Confederacy launched a full-scale invasion of Canadian-occupied New England, meeting almost no resistance. The Imperial troops on the West Coast were bogged down by the rugged terrain of Alberta and Western Canada.
2015-07-20_00043.jpg
In South America, the Brazilians overwhelmed the German colonial garrisons, with the British colonies barely escaping destruction.
2015-07-20_00041.jpg
Imperial troops seized control of the Channel, and the German and Chinese launched an invasion of England itself. No one could have thought that in the last quarter of the twentieth century the British Isles themselves would be invaded by a foreign power for the first time since the Norman invasion of 1066. But then again, none of them could have imagined that Britain would have embraced Syndicalism.
2015-07-20_00040.jpg
The British made several counterattacks and a few victories in Africa, but it was inevitable that England would fall.
2015-07-20_00036.jpg
Bonus picture: Afghan troops stuck in England since the Third Weltkrieg.

As a combined German-Chinese army assaulted London itself, Chairman Alexander refused to evacuate from 10 Downing Street. In a speech to the British people later that day, he said:

"
Turning once again, and this time more generally, to the question of invasion, I would observe that there has never been a period in all these long centuries of which we boast when an absolute guarantee against invasion, still less against serious raids, could have been given to our people. In the days of Napoleon, of which I was speaking just now, the same wind which would have carried his transports across the Channel might have driven away the blockading fleet. There was always the chance, and it is that chance which has excited and befooled the imaginations of many Continental tyrants. Many are the tales that are told. We are assured that novel methods will be adopted, and when we see the originality of malice, the ingenuity of aggression, which our enemy displays, we may certainly prepare ourselves for every kind of novel stratagem and every kind of brutal and treacherous manœuvre. I think that no idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered and viewed with a searching, but at the same time, I hope, with a steady eye. We must never forget the solid assurances of sea power and those which belong to air power if it can be locally exercised.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the British proletariat – every man of them. That is the will of the Politburo and the nation. The Workers' Commonwealth and the French Commune, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Preußische Geheimpolizei and all the odious apparatus of the Kaiser's rule, we shall not flag or fail.We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Commonwealth beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the People's Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in good time, the proletariat of the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
Long live the Commonwealth! Long live the Confederation! Long live the proletariat! Workers of the world, unite!
"

Hmmm, that speech sounds so familiar. Not sure how long Chairman Winston--I mean Alexander, will stick to that plan with over 250,000 Chinese in Britain. :p

Reactions:
Reactions:
Chapter 25: The Empire Strikes Back, Part 2

((Let me know if you can't see the pictures.))
London fell quickly, with 10 Downing Street stormed and destroyed by Afghan and Spanish troops; Chairman Alexander was found dead by a self-inflicted gunshot. Imperial jets controlled the skies above the former capital of the world, and missiles blasted St. Paul's Cathedral (already severely damaged from the "Cultural Revolution" a couple years ago) and Tower Bridge into rubble.
The royal palaces fell under the control of the Kaiserlich Heer, and soon the Spanish forces stormed the Parliament Buildings.
2015-07-21_00003.jpg

The German tricolor was raised over Big Ben the next morning on July 6, 1974, and Imperial and Kaiserreich forces moved northwards, crushing all opposition. The Commonwealth's navy was crushed in several decisive battles against the Kaiserlich Marine and the Imperial Navy.
As the two empires marched their armies into Scotland, the People's Council and the Confederacy made several gains against Imperial and Canadian forces, defeating one Imperial army and occupying most of New England. In England, the people staged a revolution, which the Chinese and Germans put down ruthlessly.
2015-07-21_00024.jpg

The Kaiser then sent Puyi a call, saying that he wanted to fully annex the British. As usual, Puyi hung up immediately.
2015-07-21_00016.jpg

By Christmas 1975, all of Britain was under occupation by the Central Powers. Despite the Confederacy's victories in the Americas, the Politburo agreed to the harsh demands given to them by Puyi. They were allowed to keep their independence, which infuriated the Kaiser. Their "Commonwealth," however, was another issue...
2015-07-21_00030.jpg

The British were completely kicked out of Africa, with their former colonies granted independence or ceded to Egypt and Ethiopia. In the Americas, the Cherokee nation gained independence after years of slavery by the Confederacy, and Canada seized Montana. Brazil's conquests over the last decade were undone. All newly independent nations were admitted to the Imperial tributary network immediately.
Within days of the signing of the Treaty of London and the Christmas Peace, the Commonwealth went bankrupt.
2015-07-21_00037.jpg

Immediately afterwards, rebel forces supported and armed by the Canadians marched into Parliament and massacred what remained of the Politburo. The Queen was restored to power as an absolute monarch later that day, with crowds cheering as she returned to Buckingham Palace.
2015-07-21_00039.jpg

On August 25, 1975, the Kaiser declared his alliance with Puyi null, having defeated and destroyed both the Entente and the Confederation.

---
San Francisco, January 1, 1976
"These people have assimilated well," said Zhou Enlai, looking at the crowds gathered on either side of the Imperial convertible they sat in.
"Indeed," said Chiang Kai-Shek, "Your Imperial Majesty, what are your plans for the next five years?"
"We shall bring the Americans more into the fold; they have proven their loyalty to us in the last Great War," replied Puyi, "And We shall discuss with the leaders of the world about the problem with nuclear weapons. Have you read the files on radiation levels in England and the Amazon?"
"Yes, your Imperial Majesty," said Zhou, "But you must order them declassified before the rest of the world can read them."
"Honey, come take a look outside!" said Victoria Louise, "They're cheering for you! Show them some respect like you claim to do!"
"Yes, my dear," replied Puyi, "After all, this is the fiftieth anniversary of the Imperial Restoration, and We must show that We are a benevolent and kind ruler."
They passed by a local book repository, and Puyi began waving to the crowd.
"How long do you think it will take us to get to City Hall?" Zhou asked. "My wife's getting nervous."
Chiang laughed. "Tell your wife we'll be alr-"
BANG.
There was a gunshot, and Chiang crumpled over, a bullet hole in his back.
BANG.
There was another gunshot, and Zhou's head was split right open, showering the driver in his blood.
BANG.
Puyi coughed up blood, realizing that a bullet had went straight through a vertabra and lung before puncturing out through his throat.
Victoria Louise did not scream. She was too in shock to do anything but stare.
The driver floored the gas pedal and accelerated down the street in fear as the crowd began breaking apart, the civilians screaming and running for cover.
Before everything faded to black, Puyi heard a loud voice scream out:

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!"
Thus always to tyrants.

2015-07-21_00056.jpg

((I had an event written for this, but it didn't load. Pretend this screenshot represents what I just wrote.))

Well the first four images aren't working for me for whatever reason.

Germany keeps wanting to annex all these nation. I'm not surprised that would cause tension with China.

Oh dear, not an assassination attempt. Puyi was a great man. Not everyone can conquer or control half the world in one lifetime.

Well the first four images aren't working for me for whatever reason.

Germany keeps wanting to annex all these nation. I'm not surprised that would cause tension with China.

Oh dear, not an assassination attempt. Puyi was a great man. Not everyone can conquer or control half the world in one lifetime.

Sorry about the photos, something must've went wrong with the upload.
I'll post the pictures tomorrow (when I have more free time to access them), but I'll describe them right now. The first was Chinese, German, Greek, Korean, Afghan, and Vietnamese troops rampaging through England. The second was me and Germany fighting a lot of rebels. The third was Germany adding the full annexation war goal. The fourth was the peace treaty.

Puyi has pretty much become Wilhelm at this point; winner of Weltkriegs, master of the world, emperor of over a hundred million subjects.

I got the missing pictures (and some extras).
2015-07-21_00030.jpg
The terms of the Christmas Peace of 1974.
2015-07-21_00029.jpg
Extent of Central Powers' occupation of the British Home Isles.
2015-07-21_00023.jpg
Note the Vietnamese soldiers crushing a Commonwealth army in the middle and the rebels in the north. There were Greeks and Koreans here at some point.
2015-07-21_00033.jpg
Argentina was almost dead at the hands of Brazil before the Fifth Weltkrieg ended. Now it has both South Georgia and the Falklands.
2015-07-21_00031.jpg
Africa
2015-07-21_00035.jpg
South America/Caribbean
2015-07-21_00032.jpg
Southern Africa
2015-07-21_00036.jpg
North America
2015-07-21_00034.jpg
South America
2015-07-21_00016.jpg
Full annexation wargoal

Dat Canada.

The AI really loves the annex wargoal. World conquest seems actually possible in this mod.
Did I discuss the Terran Empire yet? If you conquer the world you can form it in this mod.

Did I discuss the Terran Empire yet? If you conquer the world you can form it in this mod.

Can you then go off into space and fight the Zerg for galactic domination?

糟……糕……

(uh...oh...)

Well today is a bad day for China. What's next? Democracy? Communism? Maybe even Anarcho-Libs?