• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Despite the loss of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Germany sounds like it's doing well. The annexation of Austria will be a great boon.

Sounds like Puyi has a big legacy to fulfill.

Hitler died in WWI on the battlefield as an Austrian soldier.
Really? Is that for the Darkest Hour mod? The developer of the Victoria 2 mod stated that he would not strictly follow the canon of the Darkest Hour mod, as he started his timeline in 1921 instead of 1936. I saw another Victoria 2 Kaiserreich AAR (a USA one) where the author made Hitler a general in the German Army.
Luftwaffe
Fixed, thanks for letting me know!
Despite the loss of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Germany sounds like it's doing well. The annexation of Austria will be a great boon.

Sounds like Puyi has a big legacy to fulfill.
You have no idea. Some very interesting things happened in the 1940s...

XoxQQVK.png

In all seriousness, go Germany and China! Those are words of wisdom from Wilhelm, who only had permission to die when Stalinism was ashes:D. All this progress does beg the question: what next? I'm thinking a Pacific War with the US. Japan might have been unable to stand up to American industry, but China is not Japan.

Reactions:
You'll see. Read this chapter.

Chapter 7: Prelude to War

Everyone mourned. In Germany, workers were given a week's break to remember the Kaiser who had led them through two Weltkriegs. Wilhelm II was eulogized by Field Marshal Hitler as "the Great." The full speech was broadcasted over radio across Mitteleuropa and the Chinese tributary network. For a minute, millions across the world stopped what they were doing to honor Wilhelm.
But of course, everyone has to move on at some point.
2015-05-31_00029.jpg
The German Empire made peace with the Slavic Dominion (in real-life Yugoslavia) so that the soldiers could return home to attend the coronation of Kaiser Louis Ferdinand.

The coronation of the new Kaiser was attended by the heads of state from member states of Mitteleuropa and the Chinese tributary network. Puyi obviously attended, as did the kings of Korea, Vietnam, and Siam.

Soon after the coronation, India was forcibly admitted to the tributary network, with Pakistani assistance.

The year 1942 passed uneventfully. Puyi bided his time. He knew that tensions were building up across the world and that war would break out as it had in 1933. The problem was that he did not know where the spark would come from.
On January 1, 1943, Germany admitted Brazil to Mitteleuropa as its first South American member.
That same day, Puyi ordered the formation of the Pudong Project, which had one goal: to research a powerful new weapon to be used in case war breaks out.
2015-05-31_00052.jpg

They were finished on June 13, with a prototype detonated in the deserts of Western China on July 2. One scientist from India quoted the Bhagavad Gita when he witnessed the spectacle.

On January 3, 1944, President Roosevelt of the United States declared the Great Depression over.
2015-05-31_00066.jpg
Puyi scoffed at the president's declaration, as China had hardly been affected by the Depression.

A month later, he was laughing even more.
2015-05-31_00069.jpg
2015-05-31_00070.jpg
2015-05-31_00071.jpg

After a full night of drinking, the Japanese prime minister randomly decided to declare war on the Empire--despite the Japanese armies being completely annihilated five years ago and the Japanese military being nonexistent.
Without as much as a thought, Puyi ordered several armies to be airlifted into central Japan itself. Tokyo and Kyoto fell in a week, before the Japanese could even start mobilizing.
The prime minister responsible for the war was executed by firing squad the next day, still heavily drunk. His last words were, "Chinese fuel cannot melt Glorious Nippon steel!"
Some in the War Ministry advised Puyi to authorize the use of nuclear weapons, but Puyi replied that it was not the time yet.
On April 1, Japan was again driven to the bargaining table and accepted the following terms:
Japan will cede Hokkaido to Korea.
Japan will cede Kyushu to Vietnam and Korea.
Japan will refrain from building any military forces and pay harsh reparations to the Empire.
The Japanese "Emperor" will personally kowtow to Puyi in Beijing.
In return, the Empire will not attack Japan for at least five years.
With Japan permanently crippled, Puyi thought that nobody could threaten China now.
He was wrong.

June 25, 1945
Harry S. Truman, President of the United States, stepped up to the podium to address Congress. In attendance were both houses of Congress, and many news channels and radio stations were broadcasting live.
My fellow Americans.
Today I speak to you on matters of national security.
I'm talking about the Yellow Peril.
Yes, you heard that right. The Yellow Peril.
Have you ever read the pre-war story The Unparalleled Invasion by Jack London? It accurately describes our current predicament.
The Chinamen are taking over the world. They are reproducing in large numbers, and they have already overwhelmed the entirety of Asia. If they are not stopped, they will overwhelm the world.
The policies employed by the Chinamen on the West Coast are a prime example of why we must act quickly. The Chinese are a degenerate, primitive species, united only by fear installed by a repressive oppressive dictator. They follow their base instincts, not higher reasoning like us Anglo-Saxons.
When China sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems...They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists and killers.
They must be stopped.
To this end, by the powers invested in me as the leader of the free world, I have submitted a bill to Congress that would make China outlawed. We will liberate the oppressed peoples living under their dictate and civilize them like proper human beings!
God bless America! It is His will to bring the light to the savages!
We begin bombing in five minutes.
2015-06-01_00010.jpg

(Note: USA is using full annexation wargoal.)

Last edited:
Too gamey, don'tcha think?
I've done worse. And I wanted a challenge and a way to test out my army against a Western power that is not Germany or Russia.
If this is too gamey,what about forcing an end to World War II back in 1934 with console commands?

"Chinese fuel cannot melt Glorious Nippon steel!"

Lol, this gave me a good chuckle. :p

Any reason why you gave pieces of Japan to your spherelings instead of taking it for yourself? You deserve it after taking their capital in a week. ;)

A war with the US should be interesting. I wonder if they'll actually manage to send troops overseas or just sit around doing nothing.

Reactions:
Lol, this gave me a good chuckle. :p

Any reason why you gave pieces of Japan to your spherelings instead of taking it for yourself? You deserve it after taking their capital in a week. ;)

A war with the US should be interesting. I wonder if they'll actually manage to send troops overseas or just sit around doing nothing.

I added in that reference at the last minute, despite coming up with it an hour ago. Can you find the other references I made?
I gave pieces of Japan to my puppets and spherelings because of two reasons: (1) they're not worthy of my administration, and (2) I want them to live with the shame that they're being ruled by the people they once oppressed or planned to oppress (Vietnam).

About the Americans, all I can say that (MILD SPOILERS) the USA AI sucks at naval warfare and the Philippines AI (puppet of US) was much better than them at fighting me.

Truman referencing a book made me laugh. It sounds like something modern American politicians might do. Huangdi wansui! (long live the emperor in Chinese)
Actually, I did quote a modern American "politician" in that speech. Want to guess which one?

Chapter 8: The Pacific War

Puyi never expected to fight the Americans. He had no reason to do so, and the only thing he did to them was turn down their offer to help install a democracy in China during Chiang's coup in 1926 and ally with their enemy, Germany.
Oh, well.
The Americans wanted to fully annex the Empire. How they managed to justify this, Puyi didn't know.
He ordered the Imperial armies to get ready for an invasion of the Philippines, an American puppet.

The War Ministry under Chiang had developed a contingency plan in the case that the Empire come into conflict with America. It was an island-hopping strategy, in which Imperial troops attacked American colonies in the Pacific one by one, starting with the Philippines and ending with Hawaii. Once Hawaii was taken, it would be used as a staging point for an invasion of the American West Coast.
2015-06-01_00012.jpg
The Imperial Fleet under Admiral Hesehn Shangzhi, staging an invasion of the Philippines (not pictured: the first Chinese aircraft carrier, named the Zheng He)
2015-06-01_00011.jpg

The Commune decided that the USA had gone too far and declared war to "teach the decadent capitalist imperialists a lesson."
2015-06-01_00017.jpg
Initial battles against local Filipino forces loyal to their.
2015-06-01_00016.jpg
2015-06-01_00014.jpg
The only defeat in the entire Pacific campaign.
2015-06-01_00015.jpg
(developer didn't set a name for this type of war)
The Commune ended up invading the southern portion of the Philippines.
2015-06-01_00020.jpg
2015-06-01_00019.jpg
2015-06-01_00027.jpg
The first attack helicopters were invented in June 1947 and deployed to great effect in the invasion of Hawaii.

On September 17, 1947, the Zheng He arrived off the coast of San Francisco, and the invasion of mainland America began. The city fell in 22 days. American troops led by General Ambrose Connor put up heavy resistance to Imperial troops in Monterey, but they were ultimately crushed.
On November 28, 1947, with the entire West Coast up in flames, President Truman sued for peace. He agreed to the following terms:

The United States of America will cede California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii to the Empire. The independence of the Kingdom of Hawaii as a Chinese tributary state is to be recognized.
The Philippines will be ceded to the Empire, who will reorganize it into an independent kingdom (which happened on December 28). All Pacific islands under American administration are to be ceded to the Empire.
The United States will pay harsh reparations to the Empire for its aggression.

(WARNING: extremely gamey, was done impulsively; also, this mod breaks some mechanics like infamy)
The Empire was triumphant yet again, giving Puyi the confidence to declare war on both the Netherlands and Canada for (respectively) the liberation of Indonesia and to "protect oppressed Chinese minorities" in British Columbia. By New Year's 1948, the Empire controlled Indonesia through a puppet kingdom and directly controlled the coast of North America from Alaska to San Diego. Vancouver was renamed New Hong Kong, and San Francisco was renamed Jiujinshan. Other cities were similarly renamed.

Puyi spend the entirety of 1948 consolidating power over his new realm. American and Canadian patriots were put down ruthlessly, and Chinese Americans and Canadians were given positions of power after being oppressed for so long.

(END GAMEY PART)

After that tedious war with the Americans, Puyi wanted to get some rest. He hoped the Empire could get some peace.
Alas, peace would not come.

2015-06-02_00035.jpg
2015-06-02_00036.jpg

On orders from Louis Ferdinand, the German Empire executed its own contingency plan, Operation Barbarossa--directed against the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union then called to its side the Internationale and the old Entente powers. In response, Germany called in the Celestial Empire.
2015-06-02_00038.jpg
2015-06-02_00039.jpg

(Traitorous Ottomans at it again)

Puyi realized that five Great Powers were involved in the war, which meant one thing, the thing that he and Wilhelm had been dreading for a long time:
2015-06-02_00037.jpg

The Third Weltkreig had begun.

Teaser for next time: It shall be done.

Last edited:
Like the Americans could have maintained control of all of China even if they had annexed it all. So ambitious. :rolleyes:

Also Vancouver should be named Hongcouver. At least that's what it's jokingly called anyway. :p

Reactions:
Out of curiosity, who are the rebels taking over the US in that last screenshot?
I think anarcho-liberals. It gets a lot worse in a couple years.

What's that in the west North America?