• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love how Texas is doing its own thing.
Yeah, Texas just sits around doing nothing for the next few years. I kind of liked it best of the four factions as it was the closest to the original America.

Chapter 11: The Last Great Sino-Japanese War

On September 4, 1954, Puyi was told that the American Communists had managed to defeat the fascists. The civil war was over, with both Texas and the Confederacy surviving.
2015-06-04_00063.jpg
On December 3, civil war began again. The fascists rebelled against the communists, with the communists themselves dividing into two factions: the People's Council and the People's Republic (which was the federal government in Kansas).
2015-06-04_00067.jpg
2015-06-04_00062.jpg
2015-06-04_00081.jpg

However, the fascists had no military forces whatsoever.
2015-06-04_00109.jpg

Puyi just laughed at the news. Americans...they can't even decide on a name!

Meanwhile, Japan decided to liberate Tahiti from the Empire.
2015-06-04_00118.jpg
Puyi's response was swift.
2015-06-04_00124.jpg
2015-06-04_00125.jpg
2015-06-04_00123.jpg
2015-06-04_00120.jpg
2015-06-04_00121.jpg
2015-06-04_00137.jpg
By August 2, 1957, the "Emperor" surrendered for the last time. Japan was to become a "Special Administrative Region" of the Empire, with the "Emperor" and his family given a ceremonial role as ruler of Japan from Kyoto after being forced to swear fealty to Puyi.
Thus Japan ceased to exist.
2015-06-04_00141.jpg

Bonus map of South America after the Kaiser went on a rampage.
2015-06-04_00151.jpg
2015-06-04_00147.jpg
2015-06-04_00144.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-06-04_00122.jpg
    2015-06-04_00122.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 44
Japan deserved their fate after starting all those suicidal wars. :rolleyes:

Not even the American communists can keep themselves together. How embarrassing. So much for the workers banding together. :p

Reactions:
Japan deserved their fate after starting all those suicidal wars. :rolleyes:

Not even the American communists can keep themselves together. How embarrassing. So much for the workers banding together. :p

Well, I won't have to be annoyed by them any longer. Now I can actually focus on the rest of the world.

At some point in the next few years, the People's Council (the red one) became a bourgeois dictatorship. So we have Communist America, not-actually-communist America ruled by the oppressive capitalists, the slave-condoning-but-not-really-has-slaves Confederacy, and Texas.

Chapter 12: The Internationale Strikes Back

London, England
August 1, 1958

"Power to the people!" cried the protesters gathering in Trafalgar Square. "Death to the reactionaries! Death to the aristocrats! One Parliament, for the people! The workers must stand up for themselves!"
The police were getting nervous now. There were simply too many protesters. The effects of losing three Weltkriegs in a row had taken their toll on the United Kingdom, and it was only the army holding the British Empire together.
"Workers of the Commonwealth, unite!" A man threw a wine bottle at a soldier's head, and the scared guard opened fire. The rest of the soldiers shot into the crowd as well, killing dozens.
This was enough to get the crowd into a frenzy. The mob moved as one, flipping over cars and tearing down barricades. The soldiers were swarmed and engulfed by the mob instantly.
By the end of the day, the mob numbered in the thousands and had stormed Parliament. The MPs were cast outside, put on a mock trial, and then hanged from the Tower Bridge. William Alexander, chairman of the Communist Party of Great Britain, sat in the Prime Minister's chair after trampling on the prime minister's body.
By August 7, the mob numbered in the millions. Scotland and Northern Ireland had completely fallen to communist insurrectionists, and the army had been completely overwhelmed. Aristocrats and gentlemen were thrown out of their burning houses and beaten viciously, their kids and belongings "reappropriated" among the proletariat. The last loyal soldiers valiantly defended Buckingham Palace until the Queen and her family escaped to Canada in a helicopter. Then the mob broke down the gates, and the palace was sacked and looted as if it was Baghdad during the Mongol conquests.
Above all, Alexander laughed. He had brought Albion for the working class of Britain. His new state was not a Union of Britain, he stated.
The Workers' Commonwealth was born.
2015-06-04_00174.jpg

(tagged over because they were having an anarcho-liberal revolution)

The Worker's Commonwealth must spread the revolution to the rest of the world, except for China. China doesn't need that. :p

The Worker's Commonwealth must spread the revolution to the rest of the world, except for China. China doesn't need that. :p
They must fill in the gap left by the Soviet Union! Syndicalism lives on!

Chapter 13: The New Oriental Crisis, Part 1

The last of the Baltic puppet states is no longer needed, as the local population has been Germanized enough.
2015-06-04_00181.jpg

The full extent of the German Empire in Europe.

The new Worker's Commonwealth founded the Marxist Confederation, the successor bloc to the Internationale, with itself filling in the role of the Soviet Union. The Commune joined the Confederation almost immediately, followed by Cuba. Puyi wondered why a Confederation was needed; after all, only two or three nations practiced syndicalism.
North America went up in flames, as the People's Republic invaded Texas and the Confederacy invaded Canada. The Canadians, still angry from the loss of the Home Islands, quickly defeated the Confederacy and seized Pennsylvania, while Texas ceased to exist. The Confederacy and the People's Republic remained at an uneasy peace...

Egypt (or Libya), February 28, 1959
Albert charged through the sands of the Sahara, his battalion not far behind. They were chasing renegade Soviet forces which had not surrendered after Stalin's death and Partition Day.
The Russians fired back at them with outdated rifles, and Albert shot one down with his own assault rifle.
There was shouting and gunfire up ahead. Then the Russians came running back at them, prompting Albert and his battalion to shoot all of them.
That was easy.
Then a whole second battalion of better-armed soldiers charged at them, guns blazing.
A firefight erupted, and several men on both sides were shot.
Before Albert killed the last enemy soldier, he heard him scream in...Turkish?
Finally, they were alone now; all enemies were dead. He inspected the body of the soldier nearest him, and his faced paled.
They weren't Russian holdouts, they were Ottoman soldiers.
Ottoman soldiers.
OTTOMANS! he thought.

"Uh, guys, I think we got the wrong soldiers..." he said.

"What do you mean an incident started in the Libyan Desert?" Puyi demanded over the phone. "If this isn't sorted out immediately, sultan, and you don't cede Libya to me, then I guess I'll have no choice but to nuke Istanbul."
"You don't understand!" cried the sultan of the Ottomans, sitting in his bedroom and sweating nervously. "It was an accident! We were chasing rogue Soviets when we came across your men!"
"The same happened with us! Now, apologize for killing my men immediately."
"And why should I do that? Your missiles would be shot down by Istanbul's defenses."
"Look out your window."
The sultan did that. A J-1 fighter jet, with the Imperial dragon insignia painted on its tail, screeched past at that moment, rattling the foundations of the palace.
"That plane's armed with a twenty megaton nuclear warhead," Puyi explained, "And I will order the pilot to drop it if you don't comply."
The sultan's hand hovered over his other telephone. One dial and he would mobilize his armies.
"Oh, I'm not going to comply. You really want my colonies in Libya, don't you? We both know of the oil reserves there that can power a large army or navy..."
"And why will you not?"
"Because if you nuke Istanbul, I will call in the Kaiser himself."
"Impossible! The Kaiser is my brother-in-law!"
"He also signed a non-aggression pact with me last week; I hope you saw the proceedings on your television. It specifically states that if one nation comes under attack from a foreign power, the other will intervene."
"You betrayed both of us twice, though, in the last two Weltkriegs."
The sultan chuckled. He had the upper hand now. "Would you risk it, Emperor? An all-out war with the German Empire...the two most powerful nations in the world, armed with nuclear weapons, throwing their armies at each other...would you risk mutually-assured destruction for a piece of dirt?"
"And what would become of your little--" Puyi shut his mouth. He knew he had been beaten, for now.
He leaned back in his chair, and hung up. This was going to be painful.

Last edited:
No, not Texas! The last bastion of stability in an otherwise chaotic America is gone. :(

What are Chinese soldiers even doing in Libya in the first place? o_O

No, not Texas! The last bastion of stability in an otherwise chaotic America is gone. :(

((RP flavour))

RIP Texas.

That Germany is so beautiful. Although, I can only imagine the tension going on between you and them. A war on that scale would be devastating.

((RP flavour))

RIP Texas.

Wait, why are there Soviets in Libya?

That Germany is so beautiful. Although, I can only imagine the tension going on between you and them. A war on that scale would be devastating.
Our alliance is very close to breaking. It already had a couple times. And I definitely do not want to get into a war with Germany.

I got an event ("Colonial Incident") which gave me a colonial CB on the Ottomans, and I declared war immediately. I then noticed, without unpausing, that Germany would not honor my alliance but honor the Ottomans' alliance. So I came up with a justification for using console to peace out immediately to avoid war with Germany. The soldiers in Libya are described in the event; I used holdout Soviets to justify why they were in Libya in the first place.
Here's the event itself:
2015-06-04_00196.jpg

And now, the conclusion...

Chapter 14: The New Oriental Crisis, Part 2

February 28, 1959

Chancellor and former War Minister Chiang Kai-Shek rushed into the throne room.

“You know why We have brought you here today,” Puyi said.

“Yes, your Highness,” said Chiang, “The crisis with the Ottomans is only getting worse. I suggest immediate military action. Send in some jets from Persia and Turkmenistan and take out their military capacities before they can retaliate.”

“The problem with that is that the Kaiser will likely honor the alliance with the Ottomans and detonate nuclear warheads within Imperial territory. A full-on nuclear war is not what We want at this time. Nobody wants one.”

“Then we must act quickly. The Ottomans must capitulate before the Germans intervene on their side. The peace cannot be broken for too long.”

A servant rushed into the room. “The Kaiser is on the phone, your Highness.”

Puyi picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Good day, Emperor Heinrich,” said Louis Ferdinand.

“As to you, Kaiser Louis Ferdinand,” replied Puyi, “What do you want?”

“You’ve gone too far, Celestial Emperor,” said Louis Ferdinand, “Didn’t we agree that Europe is mine and Asia is yours?”

“Well, the Ottoman Empire’s mainly in Asia.”

“Istanbul is in Europe.”

“I don’t care, back down or I nuke Istanbul!”

“Nuke Istanbul and I fire warheads at Nanjing, Beijing, and Shanghai. Yes, my Pacific colonies are within range of the Chinese coast.”

“If you as much as touch Beijing I will activate Operation Chrysanthemum.”

Operation Chrysanthemum?!

“Yes, the contingency plan to, in Chiang’s words, ‘nuke everything’.”

“But we agreed to only use it in the case that we were overwhelmed by the Syndicalists in Russia and France!”

“Well, the Soviets are no more, and the Commune is not a threat to either of us. Therefore, a bit of ‘adjustment’ was done. So if you take out Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Hong Kong, and Xian, I will take out Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Moscow, and St. Petersburg. As the ancient Sumerian king said, ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth’.”

“You wouldn’t dare start the fourth Weltkrieg!”

“Oh yes I will.”

To Chiang, he whispered, “Execute Operation Chinese Fury.”

“Chinese Fury?!”

“Do it!”

Chiang picked up another phone and dialed the War Ministry.

To the Kaiser, he said, “On second thought, I don’t want to indirectly cause the utter annihilation of the human species, so no. Do you want to cause the self-destruction of humanity?”
Puyi could tell that the Kaiser was listening intently now.

The helicopters came in the night, as Istanbul slept. Three of them approached Topkapi Palace, carrying the Empire’s finest Special Forces teams, veterans of the war against the Syndicalists.

The helicopters approached the palace walls, but people were asleep. Plus, they thought the helicopters were Turkish ones, bought from Germany or Italy.

Some guards noticed the enemy craft, but snipers disposed of them quickly. The commandos rappelled out of the helicopters and dropped onto the rooftop, near the sultan’s quarters. The Janissaries which spotted them were silently strangled with their own rifle straps, their bodies hidden in the shadows. Others were shot down with silenced rifles.

Whatever the case, the sultan was very surprised when Imperial Special Forces blasted down the door to his room and pointed their guns at him and his family. The Janissaries assigned to guard the room immediately charged them but were shot down quickly.

“Get on the floor now! Put your hands on your head!” shouted the captain of the commandos.

The sultan chuckled. “If you kill me or take me hostage, things will blow up in your face; the Kaiser will attack your precious Empire.”

The phone rang at that moment.

“Pick up the phone,” said the captain.

The sultan did so. “Hello?”

“Hello, Mr. Sultan, remember me?”

“Heinrich,” spat the sultan, “What do you want now?”

“Give me Libya, or I will kill you and your family right now and nuke Istanbul.”

“That’s it, I’m calling the Kaiser again!”

“He’s not going to help, because I already talked with him.”

“WHAT?!”

“In the interest of the continued existence of the human species, we agreed that it was best that you complied with my demands. Accept, and you are free of the burden of maintaining all of that relatively useless desert. Reject, and…well, you lose several million people and your most valuable city, as well as your life and the living representatives of the Osman dynasty, and Libya, but the two Empires will remain at peace with each other. There will be no nuclear war between us. Period.”

The sultan was shocked. How could the Kaiser betray him like this?

He picked up his other phone and dialed Berlin.

There was yawning on the other end. “Hey, Osman, what is it?”

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?”

“Mein gött, can you keep it down? I’m trying to sleep!”

“You dishonored our alliance!”

“Well, as Heinrich probably told you, it was in the best interests of the human species. Plus, you betrayed me twice.”

“And you enforced humiliation on me four times and cut my army down to size at least five times! Is that not enough to show my repentance?!”

“That was well deserved. You sided with the Entente, after all.”

“But the Entente is now Syndicalist! They pretty much merged with the Internationale!”

“I don’t care. Just give Heinrich Libya, or I will also nuke Istanbul. Plus, those guys in your room will kill you and your family. And then I move panzers from Morocco into Libya.”

“I—no—what—aaargh!” screamed Osman. “Fine! I’ll do it!”

To Puyi, he said, “Here! Take your stupid desert and your oil! I have no use for it anyways!”

He slammed down both phones and turned to face the commandos, only to find that they had already left. In the distance was the sound of helicopters, getting fainter and fainter.
2015-06-04_00198.jpg

The idea of China in Libya is bizarre. And the Chinese control Suez, no less. This world is such a strange place. :p

Reactions: