• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(187419)

Recruit
5 Badges
Dec 30, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hello, So I bought majesy two when it came out but havent played since after i beat the campaign and it became dreadfully boring. Now i saw the kingmaker expansion and i want to buy it on steam. So i installed my M2 retail version and the serial key worked and everything. Then i went to activate it on steam so i could buy the expansion. Says the key is invalid, am i looking at the wrong key or something? Btw i have tried all the common mistakes many times I.E. O <--> 0 abd such. Help please & thanks

I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong here) that the Steam version of the expansion will not work with the retail version. You'll want to buy it off of www.gamersgate.com instead. Hopefully someone else can verify or correct me.

You will want to make a GamersGate account anyways so you can download the free stuff for the expansion (which you do from the main menu once you get the expansion working).

You can't just activate a game on Steam unless it is specified that it should work. If it states anywhere that it should be possible, you need to contact Steam and tell them what your key is.