• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updated version from base game, based off provinces.bmp from 2.7.1 (BPAH).

Some time ago there was some changes to the borders and rivers around the Balkans.

*edit* and an island off modern Russia, and some mountain ranges. And a province in modern Egypt. And a border in Sweden. In this .gif I scientifically click back and forth between them so you can spot the differences. See for yourself!*end edit*

This is is a transparent PNG based off the action Meneth wrote that I ran in Photoshop (which to my continual discomfort I am actually paying for nowadays...), and if you use something like GIMP to drop it as a layer on top of a mapmode screenshot from a game of CK2 you'll add the borders.

Thanks again Meneth for creating and sharing the action, people like you keep amusing CK2 stories and AARs coming.

Last edited:
As I'm sure you're aware, bitmaps are entirely uncompressed.
I am. But images that aren't high res photos yet don't fit on floppy disks are something that will always alarm me until the day I die.

UPDATE FOR THE 2.8.0 PATCH (ACCOMPANYING TODAY'S JADE DRAGON DLC RELEASE)

This is the new map image set.

PNGS:
Black borders on a white background
Black borders on a transparent background (the overlay layer version)

BMP:
Giant sized black borders on a white background (I make no promises regarding how well mspaint will work with 18MB of this)

EDIT:
Clicking back and forth 2: Electric Scientific Boogaloo. Asside from all the Himalayas there's things to notice.

Last edited:
3.0 maps
UPDATE FOR THE 3.0 PATCH (ACCOMPANYING TODAY'S HOLY FURY DLC RELEASE)

This is the new map image set.

PNG format:
Black borders on a white background
Black borders on a transparent background (the overlay layer version)

BMP format:
Giant sized black borders on a white background (I make no promises regarding how well mspaint will work with 18MB of this)

And once again:
A .gif of clicking back and forth between the previous Jade Dragon patch (2.8.0) and the new Holy Fury patch (3.0).

Details:
  • Double Iceland
  • Island off the NW of Russia