• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

j_k_k

First Lieutenant
Apr 2, 2015
I have never understood exactly what this (and industrial efficiency) might actually mean in the game. I do not notice that a bump in research efficiency suddenly shortens research time or frees up any LS. So what do they actually do? I searched around for this without success.

Not positive, and haven't tested it, but I suspect that it affects the time needed for new projects, without affecting the ones already in progress.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Industrial Efficiency reduces the time to build (length) and IC needed to build (width) of a project.

Research Efficiency just reduces the time (length) to research. It would be interesting if it also reduced the leadership reduced in research (width), but it doesn't.

Research Efficiency is such a small fraction that it's result is sometimes imperceptible.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Research Efficiency just reduces the time (length) to research. It would be interesting if it also reduced the leadership reduced in research (width), but it doesn't.

Research Efficiency is such a small fraction that it's result is sometimes imperceptible.
That explains why, when I researched another level of it, none of the queue completion dates moved forward one bit.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That makes me wonder if it is having an issue like the minister reductions were.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For some of the changes to kick in the game needs a nudge to recalculate the dates. A new build completion will often do the trick. If nothing has built that day then I often do the swap of propaganda laws back and forth as that usually resets the new values.

• 2Like
Reactions: