• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NicoPryuz

Sergeant
Dec 25, 2015
What the wiki says : "Target has cores of another nation that can be released" wich doesn't explain what falls in that category of "nation that can be released"

Specifically as U.S.A. i'm trying to force Texas to release it's mexican cores, but neither Liberate country nor Free people goals appear when justyfying.

PS: Playing 3.04 vanilla of course

Go to a country that you can justify on with the CB (just any European GP basically) and you'll see the requirements for you to use it.
Given that it's vanilla, I reckon that you can't because Texas only has one state, and capitals can't be transferred without conquering in vanilla.

• 1Like
Reactions:
yeah, what Bunnytob said about da one state presuming we're talking early going and Texas hasn't eaten parts of Mexico. If Texas has eaten some Mexican land, you'll run into problem where the Texan land has Mexican cores.

Maybe you could let Mexico swallow Texas and then liberate Texas from Mexico, which would remove the Mexican core on Texas. Not sure if that affects the whole Manifest Destiny line, but just saying, if you're intending to erase Mexican core(s) from Texas.

Also, I don't think "Free People" removes cores, whereas "Liberate Country" does.

The one that costs 11 infamy removes cores in Vanilla, which is actually quite OP when it comes to states not being splittable in Vanilla.
Normally, the Cherokee don't have cores on all of Arkansas, but if you win the (first) Mexican-American war early, then suddenly there's a province in Arkansas with no cores and the USA can't take it again.
Or the fact that a sufficiently-motivated Russia can use Armenia to just delete the Ottoman's Eastern Anatolia privileges, permanently.
Or that a powerful enough Germany can do the same with Russia and Ukraine.
Which is probably why most mods remove that.