Requesting 32:9 Ultrawide (3440x1440)/Super Ultrawide (5120x1440) user interface (UI) support

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Furystorm

Recruit
16 Badges
Jun 16, 2019
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Hi, pls add options to change UI position, or just make adjustment that UI will be more "centered" when using ultra wide monitors.

Right now game looks like this (5120x1440 monitor):

interface2.jpg

With that UI menus location player need to turn his head around too much, also moving mouse too much, not enjoyable at all :confused:

There was mod made by another guy long time ago, but it was made for specific resolution and unfortunately isn't supported anymore.

Game UI should look something like this:

interface1.jpg

So plx add this interface support :rolleyes:

Thanks for attention.

• 3Like
Reactions:
There are ui mods in the steam workshop and you could maybe lower your res a little since its pretty insane already and not useful for stellaris. Although i'm not 100% if there is a mod for the res you use.

There are ui mods in the steam workshop and you could maybe lower your res a little since its pretty insane already and not useful for stellaris. Although i'm not 100% if there is a mod for the res you use.
the only mod is this one

"Super-Ultra-Wide MOD" (id in steam =1436738766)
made for 1 resolution, and last updated in 2018. Now it causes game to crash -> not usable.

And still it's just a mod, normal resolution support by devs would be so much better.
Ideally if player can modify "side spread" of menus by his own.

There's 1 mod which makes situation a bit better (can make some menus closer to center), but some menus are still fixed to sides.
Seems like still need some support from developers to make it usable.

forum.paradoxplaza. _ com _ /forum/threads/custom-ui-for-widescreen.1131359/

I also would like more UI/resolution options. I use a TV as a monitor (simply cheaper; spent 4K on the tower, didn't wanna spend the same again) and have trouble seeing some of the text at all. Also, some UI elements break or become unusable, especially if mods are involved. A fully-supported option for additional resolutions (and maybe a "large text" option for my tired old eyes) would be appreciated.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Right now the only way I found to play with comforе on 32:9 is to set custom resolution 3440x1440 in Nvidia panel, and switch to this resolution every time before starting the game :confused:

Last edited:
I feel like I should add to this.

A simple option to move the windows around would do wounder. That could be the first step to allowing for more random resolutions. Now this could be a massive undertaking depending on the code of the UI.

I would also like to have a better experience with my 5120x1440 screen.

Edit: By move the windows I mean the side windows*

Last edited:
Widescreen monitors are becoming more popular I think. The solution to this is to constrain UI elements and initial window locations to 16:9 ratio and let the map view take up the whole screen. (Edit: OP depicted this perfectly in their screenshot examples)

There are currently no working mods for this so I have to run stellaris in a 16:9 resolution for it to be comfortable to play. This makes me sad because my Samsung G9 OLED is GLORIOUS and Stellaris deserves to be seen at maximum girth.