Request for Information about Hearts of Iron 4 on Xbox

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zappymushroom20

Recruit
Mar 1, 2023
Dear Paradox Interactive Team,

I am a fan of Hearts of Iron 4 and I have been eagerly waiting for the game to be released on Xbox. As of now, the game is only available on PC, and I would like to know if there are any plans to release Hearts of Iron 4 on Xbox in the near future.

I understand that developing a game for a new platform takes time and resources, but I believe that there is a significant demand for Hearts of Iron 4 on Xbox, especially among console gamers who are interested in historical strategy games. As such, I would greatly appreciate any information you could share about the possibility of bringing Hearts of Iron 4 to Xbox.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Reactions:
i really doubt the game could function at all on xbox.

just trying to get controls to work makes my brain hurt

Reactions:
If mouse and keyboard did make it without heavy rigging, it might work. However - is there a reasonable playerbase that would make the effort worth it? I'd assume that most consoleros spend the majority of their playing time on entirely different types of games.

P.S: Welcome to the forums!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think it will happen, and here's why.
  1. HOI4 is old, and it would make it hard to get it to work
  2. Controls would be terrible, even if you did make it work micro would be nearly impossible
  3. You can run this game on a box of rocks, so it doesn't open it up to people with bad computers

Reactions:
Hello there.

At the moment, we have no plans to port Hearts of Iron IV to any console.

Reactions: