• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 24: Once you go Orthodox, you never go back

Author's note: Before we begin, I stop taking as many provinces after 1771. My rationale is that these provinces will never core, so I need to be much more selective. So starting next update, there may be fewer wars and/or wars with fewer conquests. This is by design. Let's get this update on the road!

September 1760: Hawran converts.

October 1760: Fars follows suit. We begin preparations to initiate a ... closer relationship with Moldavia. Since Moldavia will not peacefully become Russia's vassal (something about wanting to marry the daughter of our leader? Russian women are not political pawns!), perhaps some persuasion is necessary. Our alliance with Moldavia is severed.

November 1760: Although Moldavia has no true allies, many nations have stupidly tried to intervene in Russian affairs by guaranteeing Moldavia's independence. They shall pay dearly. WAR!!!!!

chapter24november1760.jpg

All of Moldavia's protectors intervene. Excellent! We'd hate to have a boring war :D We call in Russian allies Switzerland, Transylvania, and Hungary.

December 1760: Some of Russia's less educated and enlightened individuals see a ball of fire flying through the sky and begin screaming like small girls. Attempts to convince them it is perfectly natural come to no avail, and panic destabilizes our nation. Russian scientists wonder how difficult it would be to block out the sun, to prevent this sort of thing in the future.

January 1761: Two battles in one day, both glorious victories for Russia.

chapter24january1761.jpg

April 1761: Dash-i-Lut converts.

May 1761: Al-Karak does the same. Croatia asks for White Peace -- since they've started occupying Hungary, I grant it, for Hungary's sake.

June 1761: More architectural development, more innovative. June is also the month of peaces. Since my infamy is so high, most of them just get converted to Orthodoxy, I force them to break whatever treaties I can, and maybe take some cash. Since more things are afoot in this update, as Sherlock Holmes might say, I've only included Moldavia's peace deal. Those being Orthodox-ed include Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, and Wallachia. Moldavia's fate:

chapter24june17613.jpg

Here's a sample peace deal for the rest, Wallachia, which includes a shot of how things are going in Bavaria, the sole active combatant remaining.

chapter24june17615.jpg

July 1761: Until now, I've been content to let Bavaria occupy Switzerland. Here is the first battle between Bavarian and Russian troops:

chapter24july1761.jpg

August 1761: Chelyushkin finishes what he started!

chapter24august1761.jpg

Note the army in Konstanz -- that is our next target.

September 1761: The hero of the Bavarian War strikes again --

chapter24september1761.jpg

October 1761: We go innovative on a slider move.

November 1761: Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

chapter24november1761.jpg

Looks like I'd better finish up with Bavaria, so I do.

chapter24november17612.jpg

That should help bury Bavaria on the way to obscurity.

January 1762: Sinai converts. I get a military access deal from Manchu -- they've got Korea split in two.

February 1762: Jinan converts. The war progresses well, as most of Korea north of the Manchu territories is occupied -- we are going south to finish the job.

April 1762: Some new medical regulations give us nearly a year of 10% higher population growth in Amdo.

June 1762: Wiradjuri cores. We add Xia to our SOI. The only thing Korea holds is that little island south of Mainland China.

July 1762: It burns me that I can't take land from Korea yet -- stupid infamy. Don't worry, they will soon be punished.

chapter24july1762.jpg

August 1762: Dayz Az Zor converts.

September 1762: Looks like Brazil lost the Gold Coast to Castille. Wait, Brazil? Gold Coast?!? Ngah?

chapter24september1762.jpg

I think this is new to DW (or I've never seen it before) -- Brazil forms from any large Portuguese colony. As it turns out, there is no major presence in South America for Portugal, so we get Brazil in Western Africa.

October 1762: Surat converts.

November 1762: Bihar, Aceh, and Shan DOW my good friend Deccan. I respond very forcefully.

March 1763: Bihari land is being occupied -- in the mean time, we get land 53. I immediately upgrade to Flying Batteries, but do not bother with the new cavalry units yet.

June 1763: Aceh makes the smart move and white peaces out.

July 1763: The first major battle between Russia and Bihar in this war goes rather poorly for Bihar.

chapter24july1763.jpg

August 1763: After our old Theologian dies, we hire a new 5* theologian.

October 1763: It's nasty territory and it's not very valuable. It also happens to be a new vassal of Russia. I give you the humbled Shan!

chapter24october1763.jpg

November 1763: Bihar has to give up territory to Deccan, who peaces out.

In case you think I've forgotten, here's our contest winners and their provinces!

chapter24october17632.jpg

February 1764: Now I'm done with Bihar. More independent countries, more Russian allies in India.

chapter24february1764.jpg

April 1764: A missionary complains about needing some help, so I send him a friend. Lazy bastard. None of the other missionaries whine and cry about how hard their jobs are!

July 1764: Another Scientific Revolution event -- we take a short term boost to trade tech.

October 1764: Bulgaria and Nis core. Great! Now convert to Orthodoxy, Nis.

August 1765: Some Indians in Jodhpur hop on a boat and sail to Guam.

January 1766: Here we see Quebec and Canada, reversed in position, but still both in Canada, which is nice.

chapter24january1766.jpg

March 1766: Gondwana breaks their alliance with Russia. Their loss.

July 1766: Lublin converts.

August 1766: I really want Cairo. Really bad. My goal here is to take Nile and see if they switch capitals.

chapter24august1766.jpg

Ethiopia, Najd, and Hedjaz all honor.

September 1766: Wallachia warns us. A corrupt governor in Tinglit?!? Here's a hundred ducats, people of Tinglit -- you saw and heard nothing.

October 1766: Diamentia converts, as does Ordos. The war with the Mamluks ends.

chapter24october1766.jpg

November 1766: Agricultural Revolution in Volhynia.

January 1767: For the first time, Russia takes a diplomat candidate (Boris Dezhnev) and gets... 7/3/5. Well, he's at least better at diplomacy than the last one...

February 1767: Poor Naples, you just got PUed by Morea. An OPM. And you have extensive overseas colonies.

May 1767: We exchange Military Drill for Esprit de Corps.

June 1767: Ooo, founding father in Kamikawa. I honestly don't care if we get new countries or what have you -- it'd be kind of neat if we did.

December 1767: Quebec is pretty awesome, apparently -- Hansa has to cough up cash to get peace.

January 1768: Tomsk gets the Agricultural Revolution.

April 1768: Gaza converts.

June 1768: Not to be outdone, Canada takes territory from Hansa.

April 1769: Mongol Khanate gets independence from Manchu! Soon, it will lose it to Russia.

November 1769: Manchu DOWs Korea. I can't miss this opportunity -- I follow suit with a DOW of my own a couple of days later. My former ally Xia joins with Korea.

And, to leave you on a cliffhanger, that's the end of the 1760s. Not sure if I'll get to this again for a while -- I will do my damnedest, but lots of RL stuff popping up for this week/weekend. At the very latest, I'll have something early next week.

Last edited:
Great update! Now things are starting to wind down you're still going strong. Russia is triumphant! :D

This is one of the most entertaining AARs I've read. For me it stands out from many of the others, mostly because even though it's not a story AAR, Russia doesn't go crazy and take over everyone's shit. The expansion is merely stylized as opposed to unreal, and does a good job of showing how a superpower Russia might have behaved in the 18th century if they had fewer constraints than in our history, but still had to somewhat consider logistics and international opinion and such.

Also, for the next AAR, my vote is Milan.

Feedback​

Ashantai -- Thanks for the kind words!

Boris -- Are you accusing Russia of untoward intentions toward her neighbors? ARE YOU?

Yeah, you're right :D

Ripheus -- Welcome aboard! I find with the better countries in the game, it's better to stick with reasonable goals or you get bored. Congrats on the first post!

The new polls:

Tuscany 6
Milan 1
Naples 1

I think you lot have it in for me -- I've had about five test games (first fifty years or so) of Tuscany and only one went really well. I've tried both vassalizing and just annexing the other Italian minors outright and can't find a happy medium. If I just vassalize, I don't get enough extra forcelimits to build a compelling army, but if I annex, the HRE gets mad and demands things from me. The only solution would appear to be leaving the HRE first thing. I did make one slight change to the game, making Tuscany a Despotic Monarchy. Noble Republic is good, but I like the option of forcing PUs, which a Republic won't let you do. My most recent game ended when Milan got hungry and wiped out my entire army -- with only three provinces (Ancona, Firenze, Pisa) I just don't have staying power, even with Papal States and Ferrara as vassals and a PU with Mantua.

Any advice?

As far as this AAR is concerned, I might try to sneak in another update tonight, if I get some time.

EDIT: Looks like the 1770s will have to be two parts; I've just got too many quality screen shots. The screen shots are already edited, so I am hopeful that I will get at least one part, maybe both, done tonight.

Last edited:
My advice would be to expand southwards first thing. Annex the pope, Naples, and Sicily as soon as you can. Break up Milan by taking provinces, then releasing those provinces as vassals immediately. Hope for cores on the provinces needed to form Italy. If you can't get the cores through border disputes or integrate vassal missions, leave the HRE and take the provinces. Hold tight until you form Italy. Then take all of your cores as fast as possible.

Italy doesn't have much defense-in-depth, so you'll have to win battles against superior forces the old-fashioned way. Since Italy is mountainous and hilly, use infantry-heavy armies, with lots of artillery. Cavalry take double the terrain penalties when attacking. Use sliders and national ideas to make your army high quality. Rush for land 18 when you're close to it, then push your unit advantage for as long as you can.

Vassals cannot be underestimated. If you get called into a cascading alliance, vassalise as many of the belligerents as you can. This will raise your force limit and income and they can be invaluable allies, even if they are just splitting your superior enemy's army so they can siege your vassals. When you're fighting a superior enemy, and you have good vassal, don't worry about sieges until your enemy's army is dead, your vassals will siege the provinces for you and they will pass into your control.

I used most of these techniques as Switzerland, mainly fighting against the Emperors Austria and Brandenburg. They would often outnumber me 2-to-1, but with good stack management and attrition, I defeated them. Now I've annexed most of northern Italy, vassalised southern Germany, and only France can stand against me.:cool:

Last edited:
Concrete -- That's mighty impressive! Is that 1821? I probably won't be colonizing in the eventual AAR -- I think trying to beat every major European power will be hard enough :D

Nope, it's around 1550 if I remember correctly.

I forgot to vote, but I'll say Naples, inspired by what they've done in my Finland game, really expanding throughout the mediterranean, proving that they really can expand in any direction.
At least compared to Tuscany which is railroaded a bit at the start.

Feedback​

BootOnFace -- Thanks for the tips! I especially did not know about the penalties to cavalry -- just infantry for me short-term, then. I think the Pope is part of the HRE (isn't he?), but Naples and Sicily have just never been vulnerable enough. Naples in particular expands a good bit from the word go. Urbino is another one I'll straight annex; also not HRE.

Concrete -- That's doubly impressive for 1550! I recorded your vote below.

The new poll:

Tuscany 6
Naples 2
Milan 1

Keep voting!

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday; we had a bunch of movies and TV shows on DVR to get caught up on. I will do both parts of the 1770s tonight, and with luck should get up to the 19th century by this weekend. I'm also working on a mod for Vicky 2 for an independent Ukraine, giving it the cores it has from Russia and Austria. (Unless of course one already exists -- does anybody know?)

Chapter 25, Part I: War in Europe

Note: I stated this before, and it bears repeating -- the amount of territory annexing by Russia at this point will drop drastically, as I know it won't core after 1771. I tend to go after cores (or provinces that will auto-core via mission) or areas the Russian Empire had interest in but never got to (the Balkans and Korea, mostly). A little bit of border clean-up too. Also, if you missed the earlier post, this chapter will be broken into two parts because I've got lots of screenshots. On to the update!

Before we begin, you may recall that Manchu and Russia are at war with Korea, separately.

January 1770: Architectural Development fires again, putting me at max innovative. I'm hardly hurting for missionaries, since I own Rome and Judea and am DotF. Also, Samogitia experiences an agricultural revolution.

May 1770: Three Mamluk provinces core -- Gaza, Delta, and Diamentia. We also get a beautiful statue from our Fine Arts Academy at Vilna -- a bonus of 15 cultural tradition. (You can also sell it, but I have so much money now, I hardly know what to do with it.)

June 1770: Korea gets peace with Manchu, losing Pyeongan and Ujii.

July 1770: Korea now has peace with Russia too, reducing Korea to a two or three province minor.

chapter25july1770.jpg

September 1770: Remembering my huge hordes of cash, I quickly construct three Weapons Manufactories. I only remember the location of one -- Idnakar -- I'm fairly certain the other two were also in Siberia. :rolleyes: We also build the University of St. Petersburg, partly to later enact the School Establishment Act, but mostly because it seems silly to have a capital with no Manufactory.

October 1770: Border Friction with Krakow for Sandomierz. I smell opportunity!

November 1770: Some angry nobles rise up in Karsi, 8000 strong. Well, they won't be angry for long, just dead. Poland calls me into war over Krakow, yet Krakow is not part of the actual alliance against us. Very confusing. Perhaps a succession war?

chapter25november1770.jpg

To make it easier on you, I DOW Krakow too :)

chapter25november17702.jpg

Here's the war with Brandenburg -- it looks like Brandenburg DOWs Poland via Imperialism CB. Still a bit weird -- why mention Krakow at all?

chapter25november17703.jpg

This ought to be one hell of a war. Goals against Krakow -- take my province from the border friction. Goals against Brandenburg -- protect Poland as best I can. I will happily take a white peace -- I'm neither prepared or willing to take territory from Brandenburg.

December 2, 1770: Overpowering the corrupt rulers of Auvergne, the USA declares independence. U-S-A! U-S-A!

January 1771: Hoping for a more diplomatic ruler, the people of Russia elect a new leader. Boris Pozharski is that, but at 7/3/6 we still could do better. Also, the first battle of Torun between Russia and Brandenburg -- note how many casualties Esprit de Corps allows us to inflict.

chapter25january1771.jpg

Also, an agricultural revolution in Bryansk. Attempts to invade Brandenburg soil are defeated by a strategic withdrawal -- I inflict way more casualties, but my morale suffers faster.

chapter25january17712.jpg

Still, I'll happily take "losses" like these any day.

February 1771: Krakow's province of Sandomierz is now Russian territory.

chapter25february1771.jpg

Ahmadnagar warns us.

March 1771: The second battle of Torun goes much the same as the first. However, as you can see, the Brandenburg army still has plenty more troops to deal with.

chapter25march1771.jpg

Just like before, attempts to invade Brandenburg generally result in defeat, but if I am off of their soil I usually win. I'm still inflicting many times our losses in casualties.

chapter25march17712.jpg

Laristan converts, and so does Nis, finally accomplishing that mission. Next on the list: colonize Manila.

April 1771: Nile converts. Trying a new tack, we invade TO-owned Danzig and eliminate their army. It's still a level 4 fort and will take some time to siege. Our first victory on Brandenburg soil occurs at Hinterpommern -- the man of the hour, indeed the man of this war is Alexei Chelyushkin.

chapter25april1771.jpg

May 1771: We have a successful bureaucracy, and get a 2.5% bonus to national tax for a couple of months.

June 1771: Another invasion onto Brandenburg's soil meets with success, this time at Leipzig, capital of their Saxon vassal.

chapter25june1771.jpg

July 1771: The Russian fleet, however, acquits itself poorly. This is only a small portion of the Baltic Fleet, so landings in St. Petersburg will never happen.

chapter25july1771.jpg

August 1771: Russia's army suffers a setback in Hinterpommern, as our invasion force is driven out. I haven't been able to wipe out any armies yet, they just keep reinforcing and coming back. A poorly timed assault was to blame here.

chapter25august1771.jpg

November 1771: Venezula declares independence from Castille.

December 1771: The third battle of Torun, like the first two, is an overwhelming success, this one even more so. Perhaps Brandenburg will soon agree to end this foolish war.

chapter25december1771.jpg

We can clearly see Brandenburg resolve breaking -- there are many fewer troops to go around. The first complete obliteration of a Brandenburg army takes place later this month, in Hinterpommern.

chapter25december17712.jpg

January 1772: Some clever Russian spies stir up some trouble in the western Brandenburg provinces; I hope this will distract their troops, perhaps pull some from the front, so I can invade some provinces. Poland takes Sieradz from Krakow -- whether this is connected to the war with Brandenburg is uncertain.

March 1772: It has been an exhausting campaign -- Brandenburg agrees to White Peace, finally. With one war down, Switzerland drags me into another war. Guess who the target is?

If you guessed it's another War of the Cheeses, you're right!

May 1772: Sanxiang converts.

June 1772: Russia is given a command from God -- subjugate Tuscany. Perhaps this is God's vote for the AAR (or rather, against). :D I DOW Tuscany shortly afterward.

chapter25june1772.jpg

Surely this will be a quick war. ::checks list of people who honored:: Brandenburg?!?! That's it, they have interfered in Russian matters for the last time! I will hurt them this time. Hurt them badly!

July 1772: Well, I was partially right. The war against Tuscany was really quick; they quickly agree to adopt the one true faith and become Russian vassals.

August 1772: God wants me to blockade Bremen -- my largest navy is the Black Sea Fleet, and I don't see the sense in sailing half way around Europe for 2 navy tradition.

November 1772: Volhynia cores. Morea loses a navy. The USA loses a couple of provinces to Denmark. For shame, USA. You make me ashamed to be an American.

February 1773: With no navy, Morea agrees to White Peace.

June 1773: There's a corrupt governor in Chinook too; what is it with Russian governors? Note to self: stop hiring governors on Craigslist.

July 1773: Chahar defects -- so long, Mongol Khanate. Russian/Tuscan and Brandenburg forces clash in the battle of Dresden.

chapter25july1773.jpg

The army is wiped out in the battle of Leipzig.

August 1773: Bavaria decides to attack Switzerland, thinking I can't fight two German countries at once. They think wrong. Arseniy Dezhnev is a brilliant diplomatic adviser, giving us +1 to diplomatic skill for six years and 10 prestige.

September 1773: A Brandenburg invasion of a Russian ally, Baden, meets with defeat.

chapter25september1773.jpg

October 1773: A Bavarian army in Bamberg is wiped out. Trebizond asks for peace, leaving just Bavaria in that war. We discover Tea will be produced in Menade. At the end of the month, Mundanjiang converts.

November 1773: A much larger Bavarian army encounters Russian forces -- it is not one sided, but still a resounding victory. Bavaria is not the threat Brandenburg is.

chapter25november1773.jpg

December 1773: Bavaria wants peace. I hope they have learned an important lesson; don't even think about toying with the Russian bear. Brandenburg still has to learn this -- hopefully another battle will help.

chapter25december1773.jpg

That ends part one of this update. Part two is coming up next! Will Russia triumph or will Brandenburg be the first country to defeat Russia in over two centuries?

Chapter 25: The end of war in the West, more war in the East

January 1774: Arseniy Moskvitin pursues the Brandenburg army and inflicts another defeat.

chapter25january1774.jpg

Finally, Joachim Ernst Linkendorf loses his army.

chapter25january17742.jpg

And with that battle, Brandenburg loses the war. Hannover is released, splitting Brandenburg in two. Hannover is added to the Russian SOI.

February 1774: God wants us to colonize Ternate.

March 1774: Baluchistan warns us.

June 1774: Boundary dispute on Khorasan for Badakhshan. As Khorasan is a Russian vassal, for now they are safe.

July 1774: Border Friction on Punjab. After making sure Brandenburg can't some how interfere in this war, we send a declaration to Punjab. Former Russian ally Deccan, Baluchistan (alliance leader), and Nepal all honor. We call in Russian allies Khiva, Khorasan, Sind, Rajputana, and Kashmir.

August 1774: Najd warns us.

November 1774: Timucua is now to be colonized, according to God.

January 1775: Coffee now in Pose. We get the ultimate diplomat for our new leader: Malyuta Gagarin, 3/5/9.

April 1775: Punjab is defeated and gives up three provinces.

chapter25april1775.jpg

Baluchistan is next to give up territory, in this case the province of Asyut, which should further isolate the Mamluk capital of Cairo.

chapter25april17752.jpg

August 1775: Land 55, we take Square Infantry. Parma is forced to break a bunch of treaties and pay off Switzerland.

October 1775: The completion of the University of St. Petersburg lets us pass the School Establishment Act. +4% to Production Efficiency, -3% to Stability Cost, -2% to National Tax modifier, +3% to build cost.

December 1775: God wants us to vassalize Prussia. As a Christmas present (a bit early for Orthodox Christmas, but we don't look a gift horse in the mouth), Brandenburg stays out of this one.

chapter25december1775.jpg

January 1776: In outrage, Hainaut severs their alliance with Russia. Prussia is quickly defeated, leaving the Defender of the Catholic Faith, Castille.

chapter25january1776.jpg

February 1776: God has a thing for blockades -- now he wants me to blockade Almeria. I'm willing to bet Castille has spent way more time on their navy than I have -- I'll pass. We also get land 56 and take drill infantry. We discover something interesting -- Castille has Mecca.

March 1776: Castille takes St. Thomas from Venezuela and four provinces from Austria in South America.

May 1776: Yulian Potemkin proves a superb Theologian, and gets Russia 10 prestige and 6 years of 2.5% missionary chance boosting.

June 1776: Still have serfs in Russia -- fortunately, they boost production efficiency by 5% for three months. We take Mecca from Castille, as all holy cities now belong to Russia.

chapter25june1776.jpg

God now wants a bigger fortress in Ajam. Apparently, God can't read maps, since I doubt Persia is a threat, but whatever.

August 1776: Hamadan, Ajam, and Mazanadaran all core.

September 1776: Iraq-i-Arab converts.

October 1776: So does Asyut.

December 1776: Hamid, Angora, and Karaman all core. We get a boundary dispute on Wallachia for Olenia. Sandomierz converts.

March 1777: Founding Father in Tahiti. Demak cores.

April 1777: DOW on Wallachia for my core. Venice, Albania, Ragusa, Serbia, and Croatia all honor. Ragusa is alliance leader :wacko:

December 1777: Albania gets white peace. Boundary dispute on Manchu for Xilin Gol. Quetta converts.

March 1778: A new land tech -- now we have mixed order infantry. Nationalists try to start trouble in Silistria.

May 1778: Chahar cores.

August 1778: Serbia becomes a vassal.

chapter25august1778.jpg

October 1778: Suntar Khayat gets a new workshop.

January 1779: I made a very stupid decision. I earlier called in Transylvania to help with my occupation of Wallachia. Unfortunately, that meant that my core was in Transylvanian hands, not mine. So I vassalized Wallachia for the time being -- I would try to annex them later.

chapter25january1779.jpg

Gagarin gets re-elected -- I need infamy burn badly now. Of course, the Mamluks could do something really stupid like DOW Russia. Only Ethiopia helped them.

February 1779: People from Kursk move to Menade.

March 1779: Mighty Ragusa agrees to White Peace.

June 1779: Timucua will produce grain.

July 1779: Multan converts.

September 1779: Livland cores.

October 1779: We take Ibrim from the Mamluks -- not enough Infamy to take more.

chapter25october1779.jpg

Ninguta converts.

December 1779: We move our National Focus to Liadong. I'd love to get a border friction CB.

So ends part two of the 1770s -- I want to get us up to the nineteenth century this weekend, so updates will be fast and furious. If I am diligent, we may even see the end of this AAR this weekend!

Until then, keep voting!

Oh man, what a war!

You must feed your save game into the EU3 Stats Generator and tell us the losses in that war. Amazing, just amazing!

Feedback​

Boris -- Who can say? :rofl:

Ashantai -- I downloaded it at work on to my USB drive -- then left my USB drive at work :rolleyes: I'm going to try to find it and, if I can, include it.

You're all in luck -- I think, with some luck, I can finish the AAR tonight! It'll officially be three updates -- one for the end of the 18th century, an SOTR for 1800, and one for the 19th century. There will be three end of game updates -- an SOTR sans maps, a world atlas, and a lessons learned type of post -- that I'll do later on, probably tomorrow.

I'm starting on the end of the 18th century update now -- depending on when/how long the servers are done, should be about an hour.

EDIT: While you wait, I found the stats generator, and here are the results for that war --

Code:
Brandenburgian-Polish Imperialist War	11/27/1770	3/7/1772	Att: 358416	Def: 48206	Battles: 28

Last edited:
Chapter 26: So long, 18th century

August 1780: We get a minor trade crisis -- +25% to merchant cost and -10% to national tax modifier for a year. It's a good thing this happens late game -- that could be brutal early on.

September 1780: We DOW Manchu to get our core, Xilin Gol (and whatever else we feel like taking, of course).

chapter26september1780.jpg

Manchu's allies desert them. It's just Russia vs. Manchu.

January 1781: We aren't in Brandenburg any more, Toto!

chapter26january1781.jpg

For now, I just take the core and Beijing -- both because Beijing is valuable and because I can now say "Russian troops entered Beijing and added it to the Russian Republic."

chapter26january17812.jpg

A move towards Centralization is met with some noble revolts. Target practice indeed.

April 1781: With Golitsyn's death, we get a new leader: Anton Yalichev, 7/3/8.

May 1781: Agricultural revolution in Uighurstan.

October 1781: I'm no longer hit with unlawful territory on Livland, as it is now my core. Hah hah, Brandenburg! Eat that! There's a founding father in Bone.

December 1781: Xilin Gol converts.

February 1782: Iraq-i-Arab cores.

April 1782: Beijing cores. A Russian Orthodox Beijing. What do you suppose the Chairman would have to say about that?

February 1783: Paraguay tastes the sweetness of freedom for the first time.

October 1783: Tax revolt in Samogitia -- I cut taxes for a while, because I am nothing if not benevolent. Well, whimsical too. But whimsically benevolent.

July 1784: Scientific Revolution continues, another boost to trade. See how dull this update would be if I just had the 1780s in it?

August 1784: Boundary Dispute on Najd for Damascus. I can dig that.

December 1784: War!

chapter26december1784.jpg

Morocco and Oman honor -- Oman is alliance leader.

January 1785: I wonder if this is the shortest war ever? Damascus is annexed.

chapter26january1785.jpg

Well, to answer my own question, it isn't the shortest war in the game. There were two wars that lasted one day. Those wars:

Code:
Golden Horde-Ukrainian War	11/4/1423	11/4/1423	1	1017	17	1000	1	1017	1017	983
3rd War of Travanacori Revolution	5/26/1593	5/26/1593	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0

Russia was involved in the longest, though. [Excluding horde wars, which can last forever].

Code:
2nd Swiss-Parman Imperialist War	8/8/1682	4/21/1729	17058	28217	17368	10849	38	1.65417981	742.5526	6519

Not one casualty was Russian. In fact, no Russian troops participated.

This stats generator is addicting -- back to the AAR!

February 1785: Haiti declares independence. Some people leave the desert for Samoa. Now they can't even say "But it least it's a dry heat!" They can, however, tell us of the bountiful fish of Samoa.

March 1785: Persia warns us. That's adorable! They have three provinces, and I have three armies in the area, comprising nearly 100k men. It's a perfect match! Oman wisely buys peace.

chapter26march1785.jpg

April 1785: Yalichev is re-elected.

August 1785: Damascus converts.

June 1786: People decide to try new religions in Tsimshian. I let them, being the nice guy that I am. So it's ten years. Eh.

August 1786: Bone cores.

November 1786: We integrate Moldavia into the Russian Republic. Huzzah! The silly fools had a COT in Budjak which gets destroyed.

December 1786: Ibrim converts.

March 1787: Manchu decides to wipe out Korea for me. Good! That's one less diplomat in the future :cool: Udiapur has an agricultural revolution.

June 1787: Brandenburg loses to GB and has to release Bremen. Serves you fools right.

October 1787: We build the March in Ostpreussen.

November 1787: Negev converts.

December 1787: Sutlej converts. Fars, Laristan, Hormuz, and Dash-i-Lut all core.

December 1788: Grain in Dongola.

April 1789: Yalichev is re-elected.

June 1789: We have slaves in Berber, which lets me pass the abolition of slavery act.

I particularly like the permanent monthly decrease to infamy.

August 1789: War with Manchu to "liberate" i.e. take the Korean Peninsula.

chapter26august1789.jpg

Xia decides to get feisty and DOWs Manchu themselves.

January 1790: I take all but two of the provinces of the Korean peninsula, which is as much as my infamy will allow.

chapter27january1790.jpg

April 1790: We get grain instead of slaves in Berber now.

December 1791: Uiji converts.

March 1792: Portugal declares independence from Brandenburg after being inherited. Also, Hamgyeong converts.

May 1792: Gov't 61 and Regimental System.

August 1792: Agricultural Revolution in Edirne. Guam cores.

September 1792: The military decides I'm too lenient and I lose a stability.

January 1793: Delta converts.

March 1793: Louisiana declares Independence.

July 1793: Free workshop in Bolgar.

August 1793: My successful bureaucracy gets me a free magistrate.

November 1793: Agricultural revolution in Damascus.

July 1794: Boundary Dispute on Ulaanchab, Manchu territory.

August 1794: Manchu's war with Xia, started by Xia, worked to Manchu's advantage. Good for them.

November 1794: God wants a fortress in Ibrim.

November 1795: Tahiti cores.

May 1796: Croatia tries to break free of Serbia. We'll have none of that revolution business in areas of Russian interest. Russia is already free!

chapter27may1796.jpg

June 1796: Croatia has gone from being absorbed by Serbia to a vassal of Russia. An improvement? Possibly.

chapter27june17962.jpg

January 1797: Reconquest on Manchu!

chapter27january1797.jpg

Malwa warns us.

March 1797: So long, Manchu army.

chapter27march1797.jpg

April 1797: Bum, bum, bum, another one bites the dust!

chapter27april1797.jpg

The rest of Korea is annexed, as well as our core.

chapter27april17972.jpg

August 1797: Talk about speed -- Ulaanchab just converted.

December 1797: Sumba cores.

January 1798: So does Timor.

May 1798: Trakai and Podlasie core.

August 1798: Grain in Butana.

October 1798: Lublin cores.

November 1798: We pass the education act -- a minor bonus to tech cost is a nice thing to have late game -- wish I'd had it earlier though.

January 1799: Grain in Taka.

February 1799: Wallachia is integrated.

April 1799: Ireland declares independence from GB.

July 1799: We lose our core on Konya.

November 1799: Haixi converts.

That's it for the 18th century! State of the Republic is next.

State of the Republic: 1800

First, as always, is the map of Eurasian Russia.

sotr1800russia.jpg

I'll clean up some borders by the end of the game, but expansion is by and large done.

The Russian advisers:

sotr1800courts.jpg

I got the Statesman for a decision (the Education Act, if I'm not mistaken) and to try to get the last National Idea slot filled, for completeness's sake.

The economy:

sotr1800economy.jpg

Colonies left are more than paying for themselves.

Russian income, yearly:

sotr1800income.jpg

One thing that will definitely go in my summary sheet: Production buildings are the way to go, if you are a relatively large country. I won't be shocked if PI nerfs them.

Russian expenditures, yearly:

sotr1800cost.jpg

Manufactories comes in a surprising second -- I did build four or five manufactories at one time, though.

Provinces, monthly, by tax:

sotr1800provincebytax.jpg

Looks like Delhi will be number 1 over all again. Poor St. Petersburg -- you're the capital and are nearly at the bottom of the list.

Provinces, monthly, by production:

sotr1800provincebyprodu.jpg

Only two, Hormuz and Delhi, don't have weapons manufactories. That's saying something.

COTs:

sotr1800cot.jpg

Bihar may still be number one, but Russia dominates this list.

Income of the world, yearly:

sotr1800globalincome.jpg

Oman is kind of surprising -- the rest is no surprise, especially #1 :D

The Russian Army and Navy:

sotr1800armynavy.jpg

I could hypothetically have nearly 1,000,000 men under arms.

Russian techs, sorted by land:

sotr1800techs.jpg

Three tech level leads at this point are no laughing matter.

Armies of the world:

sotr1800armies.jpg

Brandenburg is still easily number two, despite the beating I gave them earlier. That's kind of irritating.

Navies of the world:

sotr1800navies.jpg

Poor Great Britain, only #3.

Pies:

sotr1800pies.jpg

We've almost made the entire Russian empire Orthodox. For perspective, Orthodoxy is the number 2 religion in the game (in 1789 -- my last save game), with 302 provinces. Catholicism is bigger, at 600+, but it takes at least four countries to accomplish this -- GB, Burgundy, Castille, and Austria.

Rulers:

sotr1800rulers.jpg

Sliders:

sotr1800sliders.jpg

Russia and her vassals:

eu3maprus1800122.jpg

Finally, the world:

eu3maprus1800121.jpg

I'm still working on the 19th century -- I think I'll save that and the end of game stuff for tomorrow. Until then, keep voting!

You should try to help the colonial revolters. Bring down those damn imperialists!