• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's interesting. Why the Papal States?

well it is a sort of tradition in Russian AARs to do over the Pope ... goes with sacking Constantinople at least once?

re detail, I like it. The only effect is I then 'save' your aar for when I have a bit of time to spend reading, so sometimes drop a bit behind. But I really like the style you're using and the way you break it up with humour and so on ...

"Deus Everzor -- Welcome aboard! I understand it's cold on Pluto this time of year, so you might want a coat. The first three are definitely possibilities (although time is running a bit short) -- America is likely out of the question, though."

well for the 3/4 of pluto years y indeed its cold, but nothing we haven't seen on Siberia or Antarctica :D
buuu ireally hoped for a future comie beachhead... eh... ;)

edit: wait so you did land on Alaska or just islands surrounding?

I think summary shwon on a map would be good

"well it is a sort of tradition in Russian AARs to do over the Pope"
good tradition :)

Last edited:
Feedback​

I think the discussion got cut off onto another page, loki and Deus -- Boris and I are talking about a potential AAR I've got coming next (reforming the old Roman Empire ca. Trajan) and asking which Italian power to play as. I had thought perhaps Milan would be the best choice, when Boris recommended the Papal States.

Believe me, in this game, the Papal States do indeed get theirs :) I need Rome for the Pentarchy, after all.

Deus, in the next State of the Republic, I've got an extra map planned to show how I've expanded colonially too -- if you wanted something different, let me know then.

I should have the next update (and the SotR -- those are easy to do) either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Loving this AAR. Personally, I was horribly murdered by the Golden Horde when I tried to play Novgorod. Hopefully the war with Britain goes well!

And as for the next AAR, I'd suggest Tuscany. They seem like an interesting choice.

Feedback​

Konnigratz (or should I say Kaliningrad :D): Welcome aboard! If you've been playing with the newest beta, I could see why, since Hordes can take land now.

Here are the votes for the next AAR --

Tuscany - 1
Papal States - 1

Other suggestions? Remember, the objective is to reform the Roman Empire, using an Italian country as the base. I'm editing screenshots for the next update now, so you'll get to see how I do against Great Britain!

Chapter 17: Fightin' round the world![/size=5]

February 1690: Marking the first time Russia has ever lost a province, that sneaky little Trebizond takes and seizes Rio de Oro before I can do anything about it.

chapter17february1690.jpg

Fortunately, this is the only vulnerable province I have to Trebizond -- all the others have forts or I can get troops to rapidly.

April 1690: Wu collapses. We discover that Bone will have fish. Is it too much to ask that I get something other than fish from these islands?

June 1690: Algiers wants out of the war quickly -- I have no beef with them, so I agree to a white peace.

July 1690: Gizhiga cores.

November 1690: Another of GB's allies white peaces -- Adal.

December 1690: Kuruk Tag cores.

April 1691: Flores produces coffee. Now we're talkin'!

At this point in the war, I've occupied Great Britain's possessions in Anatolia and Switzerland their Italian provinces, but they want no truck with peace. It looks like WE will have to drive them to the bargaining table.

October 1691: Oman peaces out with Great Britain, releasing Yemen. I'm not sure if they were part of my war or another war GB had.

December 1691: Wu warns me. I've yet to fight a single British soldier since occupying Anatolia. I wonder where they all are?

March 1692: A British fleet drops 10k British onto my Japanese provinces. The army takes two provinces.

April 1692: Some Central Asians in Mangylshlak move to Alaska.

June 1692: Trebizon agrees to White Peace, the only country that's ever taken Russian territory. I begrudgingly respect that. I'll never make a concerted effort to get Rio de Oro back -- it's not very lucrative and I can't really move any armies there quickly.

July 1692: Fur in Yakutat. GB stands alone now, but still won't budge. They have 11.7 WE, and it's climbing every month.

August 1692: It's Central Asian core month, as Tashkent, Ferghana, and Samarkand all core.

December 1692: Nadym cores. My game plan: retake my Japanese provinces, and if I have to, invade Brittany (GB has two provinces there). All I want is the two provinces, Adana and Mus, and I don't think I can properly invade Britain without a huge fleet.

April 1693: By building all my ships in the Pacific, I'm able to land 10k Russians and quickly retake my provinces, avoiding battle for now.

May 1693: The British army is practically destroyed.

chapter17may1693.jpg

I'll finish it off a couple of days later. I decide that Russian Japan is safe for now, and begin plans to take Brittany.

July 1693: I move my NF to Hinggan, trying to get cores on Korea.

February 1694: Krypshak cores, and the army moves west.

July 1694: It takes a really long time to get to Brittany! Penchisky cores.

August 1694: My University in Poltava is finished. Now I'm to break the pirate blockade of Aleut (for some naval tradition).

December 1694: Britain has been relatively quiet, so I take a chance. I've only got a 10% chance to Infiltrate Administration, but I luck out, and here's what I see.

chapter17december1694.jpg

The British have two 25k stacks in GB -- that's it. If I had a bigger navy, I'd start taking provinces in North America. I do finish occupying the Breton provinces, but Britain still won't come to the bargaining table.

January 1695: While I'm playing around in the west, Great Britain lands a 20k stack in Russian Japan, thankfully worn down a lot by naval attrition. I engage with my 10k, but things go badly (morale wise) and I retreat. I do inflict a lot of casualties, and what's more, some more WE on GB.

chapter17january1695.jpg

April 1695: I use my Pacific Fleet to move 10k soldiers to Japan, while the army already there recovers. Verkhoyansk cores. I also find my new NF works, since I get a core on Liaodong (Korea) via Boundary Dispute. You'll have to wait, Korea.

May 1695: With a new general, the 20k army I have in Russian Japan eliminates the British threat, and they finally come to the bargaining table.

chapter17may1695.jpg

Peace!

chapter17may16952.jpg

It is really hard to beat GB if you can't invade the British Isles. Not difficult, but very time consuming. Switzerland calls me in against Parma again. I plan to do nothing, but I don't want to make the Swiss mad and lose their friendship, in case Burgundy or Bohemia gets out of hand.

June 1695: Yakesa converts. Aquelia, who I just released from GB, immediately breaks their alliance with us. Ungrateful much? Persia warns us.

July 1695: Tannu Tuva gets an Agricultural Revolution. It's been a while since I've had one of those.

August 1695: Chengde converts -- this is exciting, because it's one of my COTs.

January 1696: Podzhiversk cores. I've got practically no Infamy now, and I want to take the Holy Land, so I declare war on the Mamluks.

chapter17january1696.jpg

Everybody honors, including Persia. Karaman is a pleasant surprise -- that's the OPM in Anatolia. I take them out first.

March 1696: Anatolia is now almost entirely mine.

chapter17march1696.jpg

I also take out the Alaskan pirates, so we get to colonize more in the South Pacific. Yay!

May 1696: This is an unpleasant surprise.

chapter17may1696.jpg

I've really underestimated how crucial leaders are -- in the Far East, it's not as a big deal, but our tech is closer with the Mamluks. It's not like I don't have tons of military tradition. I won't make this mistake again.

June 1696: Well, not with this army. :mad:

chapter17may16962.jpg

I begin raising a new army to replace this one immediately, and pull another army out of position to help take territory. This one has a general.

August 1696: Haasa white peaces.

September 1696: Sinope converts. Persia also white peaces. I get MA through them to flank Mamluk provinces from the southeast.

October 1696: Judea has fallen, and our fallen army gets some vindication.

chapter17october1696.jpg

November 1696: Kyzyl Kum cores. I've taken a lot of WE from this war. Including the war with GB, I think I'll have to get peace soon. A rebellion in Alaska takes Yakutat. That's the last straw -- I have to go for peace. I'll start building new armies to take the Holy Land later, but for now, I'll take the provinces up to Judea.

chapter17november1696.jpg

I do get a Boundary Dispute on Mitsu -- however, it's totally worthless, since I can't DOW a Japanese faction without DOWing Japan, and I don't get the CB on Japan.

December 1696: Kamchatka cores. I DOW Korea for my province, but plan to move very quickly to prevent additional WE.

chapter17december1696.jpg

That's quite the coalition! Smyrna converts. Hungary somehow has an alliance with Bihar :confused:, and they join in. This actually works to my advantage :D

February 1697: I finish with Korea very quickly.

chapter17february1697.jpg

April 1697: The first-ever clash between Ming and Russia goes very badly for Ming troops.

chapter17april1697.jpg

May 1697: This forces Ming to agree to White Peace. I want to save my infamy for some other acquisitions, so I won't take territory for now.

June 1697: Luang Prabang white peaces too.

July 1697: After adding another colony, God wants me to build my fleet up to forcelimits. This, I can do. I honestly thought I was still over the limit, to be honest. A new Black Sea fleet is constructed.

September 1697: Reason #1 I didn't take Ming provinces (and the infamy):

chapter17september1697.jpg

Reason #2 -- Delhi is one of the biggest COTs in the world at this point.

chapter17september16972.jpg

January 1698: Hungary allies.

March 1698: Perhaps envisioning a huge tank battle about 250 years later, some inhabitants of Kursk retire to the South Pacific (Kaurna).

April 1698: I build another new Embassy in Adana, since I have no designs on the other British Anatolian provinces for a bit.

October 1698: Hinggan converts.

November 1698: Agricultural Revolution in Estland.

February 1699: White peace with Parma.

May 1699: Another boundary dispute on Sind (Burgundy). This one will not go unclaimed.

June 1699: We close out the 17th century with a victory by Brandenburg over the Hansa. Hansa loses Bremen, releases Hamburg, and pays some cash and cores.

On to the State of the Republic!

Perhaps envisioning a huge tank battle about 250 years later, some inhabitants of Kursk retire to the South Pacific (Kaurna)

Love it! :D

That first battle with Ming was a bit of a slaughter. Nicely done! :)

Looking forward to the SOTR speech.

State of the Republic: 1700

First, a map of Eurasia --

sotr1700russia.jpg

Intermediate-term, I want to take that chunk of Bohemia that's stabbing Russia in the groin. I'll also end up clashing with the Mamluks to get Alexandria and Judea and the Papal States to get Rome. Other targets include Korea, Ming, and Persia.

Here's Russia with her vassals and colonies (too tiny to see -- the Pacific Island colonies) --

eu3maprus1700112.jpg

Russia is on four continents -- it will be five by the next update (South America is probably a lost cause).

The Advisers to the Posadnik of Russia --

sotr1700court.jpg

For a long time, it's pretty much a Theologian, a Diplomat, and then somebody else for the third. Burning off infamy and converting provinces remain key priorities.

The most wealthy provinces, sorted by tax --

sotr1700provinces.jpg

I'll give you two of these in the next update, but the king of overall provinces is Novgorod right now. Thrace is pretty much my de facto capital now -- would there be any advantage to switching capitals so late in the game?

My economy, monthly --

sotr1700economy.jpg

One thing I find kind of neat is that my colonies pay for themselves (4.2 tariffs vs. 4.1 maintenance). It's pretty much land and government tech all the way. I don't know if Improved Foraging will be feasible, because it requires 53 trade tech and I'm way behind on that.

My income, yearly --

sotr1700income.jpg

I'm surprised how low monthly taxation has fallen -- trade is almost entirely from my owned COTs at this point. Spamming production buildings remains lucrative.

My costs, monthly --

sotr1700cost.jpg

No big shockers here -- I spent so much on army construction because of the Mamluks, both because they killed the one army and because I had enough force limits to crank out some more for future wars against the Mamluks.

CoTs --

sotr1700cot.jpg

It turns out Delhi wasn't so awesome, after all -- it kills Kutch as a CoT and won't make up for it until it converts. However, if you add all of my CoTs together, I completely dominate the world market.

The economies of the world --

sotr1700globaleconomy.jpg

That's quite a lead for the good guys :D I'm stunned to see Brittany here -- they've got to have quite a few colonies because I'm nearly certain they've been pushed out of Europe apart from one or two provinces.

The Russian army and navy --

sotr1700armynavy.jpg

Western Europe is still very heavily cavalry based in their armies, as you'll see in a minute. Personally, at this stage, I wonder if I might be even better off going all infantry (or + artillery, where appropriate?) Army composition doesn't really matter when you out-tech, out-number, or out-tech and out-number your opponents :) Even better, I'm getting loads of tradition and some quality generals, although I don't have many in this update.

The armies of the world --

sotr1700globalarmies.jpg

The British might have had a two navy standard -- Russia has a two army standard :D

Castille's been really quiet this game, after dominating North Africa early on. Colonization has been insane this game, with not only standard colonizers but Italians, Austrians, Russians, members of the Hansa, even the Pope filling the New World.

The navies of the world --

sotr1700globalnavies.jpg

I'm #6 in the world, but don't let that fool you -- a lot of these ships are out of date. I'm absorbing my naval tech through osmosis at this point. I am ahead of the Far Eastern powers, though, and the largest fleet by far is in the Black Sea. The rest are mostly on pirate duty.

Techs, sorted by land --

sotr1700tech.jpg

No surprises here, if you've been paying attention.

Rulers --

sotr1700rulers.jpg

Yulian Senyavin ought to get the Lenin treatment when he dies -- I've not been keeping up with elections, I've just been thrilled every time he doesn't die. Unfortunately, he is not immortal :(

Pies --

sotr1700pies.jpg

There's one Catholic province left (Adana), but not for long. It looks like wool has become surprisingly big in Russia -- must be from India? Cores are about where they should be -- over-extension is pretty much out of the question. That's still quite the eclectic mix of cultures.

Finally, the world --

eu3maprus1700111.jpg

Did I leave anything out you'd like to see? My next SotR has the max 20 screen shots, but I could always throw a supplement in there.

Request for feedback

1) Keep sending suggestions on Italian countries to play as.

2) Should I swap Military Drill out for Esprit de Corps? Which is more helpful -- +1 morale or +20% discipline?

We'll begin the 18th century next week, if not this weekend.

Moldavia, Sindh, Panjab, Khorasan and uh... Chagatai must die! Use the "Messy Borders" CB. Oh, and take that northern exclave of Ming, as well as the eastern half of Bohemia. :D

Moldavia, Sindh, Panjab, Khorasan and uh... Chagatai must die! Use the "Messy Borders" CB. Oh, and take that northern exclave of Ming, as well as the eastern half of Bohemia. :D

Don't forget Korea! They're holding Vladivostok and various rightfully-Russian parts of Manchuria.

Feedback​

Boris -- Thanks for the input!

Konnigratz -- Moldavia's on the list -- Sind, Punjab, and Khorasan are all vassals at some point (I think), Khiva (maybe your Chagatai, which is long gone) is a vassal now.

Nekromans -- I was about to correct you on your geography, but it turns out you're right, I don't yet hold Vladivostok. I might in my present game, but certainly not at this point. Good catch!

Deus -- It's technically Russian Oceania (according to the game), but thanks for the support! :D

Next time I play, I'll definitely drop Military Drill for Esprit de Corps. That will leave me two open slots. Once I get closer to that point, I'll poll you guys again for good ideas.

Speaking of good ideas, I need more input on Italian countries to play as for the next AAR in the not-to-distant future (don't worry, I'm focused on this one for now :D). Right now it's:

Tuscany 1
Papal States 1

And if you do give me an idea, some reasoning why is greatly appreciated. The ultimate goal for the next AAR is reforming the Roman Empire.

Love it! :D

That first battle with Ming was a bit of a slaughter. Nicely done! :)

Looking forward to the SOTR speech.

Ashantai -- Glad somebody enjoys my horrible puns -- sometimes I wonder if I do :D

New update is on the way!

Chapter 18: Gathering the Pentarchy

February 1700: We kick off the 18th century by passing the Joint-Stock Companies Act, gaining +1 mercantilism, +2% trade efficiency, and +3% compete chance for slightly (+7%) more expensive merchants. I wanted the move to Mercantilism -- the rest is gravy, as far as I'm concerned.

March 1700: First time I've seen this. Fellow players, heed my advice: make sure you take captured provinces out of the HRE as soon as you get them. Memel isn't a crushing loss, but it is slightly irritating.

chapter18march1700.jpg

War with Brandenburg (HRE) is a little too much to handle right now. I've been neglecting my western armies with all the British and Mamluk nonsense, and this won't change for a while.

May 1700: News of fur in Tinglit.

August 1700: Yes, it's another "election." Once again, Senyavin gets re-elected. It is going to suck hardcore when he dies -- I'm spoiled now.

January 1701: Land 36 -- we choose Latin Dragoons. Nizhe-Kolymsk cores. Speaking of cores, a boundary dispute gives us one on Gilan, a Persian province.

March 1701: I finish the new and improved fleet, so God has a new mission -- if I take Udiapur from Rajputana, I get it as a core. Sounds good!

May 1701: Adana converts -- that's two of the five provinces for the Pentarchy (the other being Thrace), if you're keeping score.

November 1701: The Mamluks declare war on Persia.

February 1702: After my conversation with Iwanow, when Military Divided fires again, I choose defensive.

August 1702: Ming declares war on Korea. If you're asking, where's Russia in all this, I answer, burning off infamy.

October 1702: Thar, Jodphur, and Jaisalmer core, making my Indian road fully cored.

December 1702: Enough of this peace crap. It's time for war!

chapter18december1702.jpg

War objectives: Acquire Judea, Alexandria, and as many connection provinces as I can. Ethiopia, Haasa, and Hedjaz all answer. Persia buys its way out of war with the Mamluks, meaning the war will be slightly harder for me. Oh well.

February 1703: Transylvania warns me. Why, what did I do?

April 1703: The first clash between Mamluk and Russian forces goes much better than the last war. It would appear I have learned my lesson.

chapter18april1703.jpg

A few days later, their army is obliterated. You can see here the progress I've made at occupying Mamluk territory.

chapter18april17032.jpg

May 1703: This is kind of irritating. There are hundreds of provinces in the world, but the game gives me a free core... on Udiapur. You know, the province I'll get a core on once I take it anyways, in effect making the only reason for keeping the mission not losing 5 prestige.

June 1703: With the Mamluk army gone, their allies chicken out. Haasa is first.

July 1703: Hedjaz is next.

August 1703: The war has been a rousing success, and I take most of my war goals -- it was too much war score to take the interconnecting provinces too.

chapter18august1703.jpg

September 1703: This is a pretty nice fringe benefit, of course :) Missionaries I sent immediately to Judea and Alexandria.

chapter18september1703.jpg

November 1703: Apparently irritated that I would commit such a travesty as annex the Holy Land, Norway insults me. I also begin thinking of a new target.

March 1704: Van cores. Also, Switzerland decides it's time for war with Parma again. I seriously have no idea what they expect to get from Parma with all of these wars.

August 1704: Glorious day! Senyavin survives for another term!

November 1704: The farmers build a constable for Suntar Khayat.

February 1705: I've been finishing an invasion fleet and a new army. I wonder where they're going?

chapter18february1705.jpg

March 1705: Edirne cores -- this will be useful if I have to expand the Black Sea fleet again.

May 1705: Preparations are complete. I got military access through Naples. It's time to declare war on the remaining territory I need for the Pentarchy -- the Papal States!

chapter18may1705.jpg

They do have some powerful friends, though. Fun fact: I've only declared three wars the entire game without a CB, and one was to shake the Tatar Yoke. I send a call to Switzerland and some other convenient allies.

June 1705: The first battle between British and Russian forces is something of a stalemate -- once again, I forget to assign a leader :rolleyes:

chapter18june1705.jpg

August 1705: I start occupying the British possessions in Anatolya -- I know annexing the Papal States will cost me a lot of infamy, so this is just to make them go White Peace when I'm ready. Karshi cores.

September 1705: The second clash with the British goes much better, thanks to the able leadership of Artamon Petrov, although it appears that they've gotten some reinforcements too.

chapter18september1705.jpg

After this defeat, the British call Yemen. I don't even think Yemen can do much, but hey, whatever. We accidentally spread some disease to the natives overseas. For a cash settlement, I get a boost to colonization and overseas income for a couple of months.

October 1705: Trebizond honors Britain's call, too. In positive war news, the entire provinces of Anatolia have been occupied, it just remains for us to crush the British. Crushed they soon are.

chapter18october1705.jpg

November 1705: Yemen peaces out.

December 1705: Woiworung produces fish.

January 1706: Wergaia produces grain.

April 1706: We pass the mining act, which offers bonuses to national tax and production efficiency (3% and 6%, respectively), for some penalties to trade (-.04 to merchants, -3% to merchant chance and compete chance). How are those different? It also moves us toward Mercantilism. In war news, Algiers honors a British call.

May 1706: Ragusa leaves the British alliance.

June 1706: An adventurous British army invades India and meets with what I can only assume are not the desired results.

chapter18june1706.jpg

I show this picture for a second reason. You can clearly see an army forming in Crimea -- this is the Second Italian Army. See, funny story, it turns out that without artillery, assaulting European fortresses is really stupid -- I've got enough cavalry in Rome that nobody can dislodge my army, but no infantry, since they all died in the assault. These are the reinforcements.

November 1706: Algiers offers white peace. The University of Armenia gets me 10 cultural tradition.

December 1706: Boundary dispute on Hawran (the Mamluks). That will be useful later. Korea gets thrashed by Ming, losing five provinces and a little cash.

February 1707: A little earlier, Rome falls, but I still can't annex. It turns out the Pope has been busy, and I send an army to take down their last fortress in Canada.

chapter18february1707.jpg

March 1707: Finally, our goal is achieved, and Rome is under Russian protection!

chapter18march1707.jpg

The Conquest of Rome is also good for missionaries and prestige -- one I get East Indian Trade Route, I can start moving Innovative. I end the war with Great Britain too, with White Peace. Parma gets white peace so I can sell Taqamkuk to Naples -- I have no desire to get involved in eastern North America at this junction.

April 1707: I lose my core on Livland.

May 1707: I gain one on Anadyrsk. I begin maneuvering toward war in India by breaking my alliance with Gujarat -- my objectives are to take my core from Rajputana and connect Dadra with the rest of Russia.

June 1707: Bursa and Bithynia core. I DOW Rajputana (Reconquest CB). Every one of their allies dishonors. :D Urbino warns me, however.

October 1707: With some extra infamy, I force Rajputana to become my vassal, after taking my core.

chapter18october1707.jpg

I then go after Gujarat, who holds the provinces I need to connect Dadra and Russia proper. Malwa warns me, Bihar joins the war, but I do save Mus from siege, which was the mission I got after taking Udiapur. I'm supposed to colonize Chinook next.

chapter18october17072.jpg

December 1707: Warning from Khorasan.

June 1708: I annex Gujarat, and the Russian empire is completely contiguous (except Alexandria and the lands across the Pacific).

chapter18june1708.jpg

Bihar, with vivid memories of Russian armies looting their land, white peaces with no battle. I also get this nifty little modifier!

chapter18june17082.jpg

July 1708: Zheteru converts. It took a long time for that one.

November 1708: Tsmishian will produce naval supplies.

January 1709: God agrees with me: with Chinook colonized, it's time to Restore the Pentarchy. Possible bug alert -- the modifier requires Orthodox and Russian-owned Adana, Roma, Alexandria, Judea, and Thrace, but the mission requires Aleppo instead of Adana. It's only a slight problem, since I have Aleppo anyway, it just hasn't converted yet. Until all six are converted, though, I won't get the modifier and pass the mission.

May 1709: I pass Sunday Schools to assist with the conversion effort (-1 to RR, +2% to Missionary Chance, -7% to national tax modifier).

December 1709: With a new government tech, Russia proclaims a Bill of Rights and now earns the right to liberate other countries from their oppressive overlords! The last event of the update is a diplomatic insult that Russia parlays into greatly increased relations with half of Earth.

Next update will probably be sometime next week -- I've got a huge pile of exams to grade and some other things to do while I'm technically on "break."

I also wanted to let everybody know I finished with the gameplay portion of this AAR this evening -- I'll still update, of course, and we've got a lot to get through yet, but game play suggestions/requests won't be terribly helpful at this point :D Now, if you wanted to, say, give me some input on an Italian country to play for the next AAR, that would be helpful :nudge, nudge:

We've got:

Tuscany 1
Papal States 1

Conquering Rome as Russia is worthless... wrong cultured, wrong religion, not bordering rest of your country, can bring you wars, wars and more wars with latin tech neighbours, and only bonus you get is +1 prestige and +1 missionaries, but you also get easy rebelions there, and those can be realy hard to beat as it is highly populated province and bringing your soliders there is highly difficult due that you are not naval country. I understand the conquering of Jerusalem as you can easier send troops there, and it will not bring you wars with countries that have good armies anyway. But unless you want to do WC conquering Rome is not good in any way.

ALSO you should not let emperor to think that memel is his, and you should decline the request... YOU have biggest country in the world and THEY want you to give YOUR land??? Im not counting that you have bigger armies, and they are some small country that have no chances with you? even if they would go at war with you, they would quickly WP with you. Even thou emperor can win with Russia.

They have army only quater size of yours, and you can also just scorch the land they step in, and then easily defeat them... why not let them try to eat the dust???

Last edited:
I would love to suggest Genoa. It's a merchant republic which gets relatively little attention.

Excellent updates. Long live the reunited Orthodox church! :)