reporting bugs to this new forum is a bit boring because you cannot put screenshots in the text & have to edit after posting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AngelRay

Lt. General
73 Badges
May 23, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hi,

I have reported a lot of bugs in general, and especially in CK3 recently.

And sometimes which was there for a long time is now becoming boring.

When you do a "bug report" post, you have pre-sorted fields. I have no problems with that.

But in those fields, you cannot use forum options (links, images insertion).

So each bug with a screenshot?
I have to post the thread, then edit it, add the screenshots at the desired places.

That take a lot of useless time: i would rather add the screenshot while writing the post... not after it is written.

Can you do something?

Even the "full image"/"thumbnail" options which exist in attachements in the regular post mode do not exist in "bug reporting" post mode.

thanks,

See you.

Edit: if it's something i can modify from the user panel, tell me how please.

Hi,

I have reported a lot of bugs in general, and especially in CK3 recently.

And sometimes which was there for a long time is now becoming boring.

When you do a "bug report" post, you have pre-sorted fields. I have no problems with that.

But in those fields, you cannot use forum options (links, images insertion).

So each bug with a screenshot?
I have to post the thread, then edit it, add the screenshots at the desired places.

That take a lot of useless time: i would rather add the screenshot while writing the post... not after it is written.

Can you do something?

Even the "full image"/"thumbnail" options which exist in attachements in the regular post mode do not exist in "bug reporting" post mode.

thanks,

See you.

Edit: if it's something i can modify from the user panel, tell me how please.
At the bottom of the form there is a button for attachments and even suggests including screenshots.

Yes, but those cannot be put inside the text of a field.

So you can for example write this :

"And this (see screenshot)

is done by (see screenshot)."
And attachments

You could do it by using indirect linking.

With a normal post, you can do this:

"And this
[image]

is done by
[image]"

which is a lot more easy to read.

Besides all of this is not available:
image.jpg

And, see what i did? i did put the image in the text, because it's more easy to read, rather than having to say "go check the screenshot".

Yes, but those cannot be put inside the text of a field.

So you can for example write this :

"And this (see screenshot)

is done by (see screenshot)."
And attachments

You could do it by using indirect linking.

With a normal post, you can do this:

"And this
[image]

is done by
[image]"

which is a lot more easy to read.

Besides all of this is not available:
View attachment 641148

And, see what i did? i did put the image in the text, because it's more easy to read, rather than having to say "go check the screenshot".
Because the intent is for the OP to conform to the form, containing the requested info in the requested format so that it can easily be taken in by the developers and compiled. You can always follow it up with another post as you've described.

Because the intent is for the OP to conform to the form, containing the requested info in the requested format so that it can easily be taken in by the developers and compiled. You can always follow it up with another post as you've described.
TBF, that doesn't make much sense.

Maybe the developers at Paradox are from another type as other developers I know (myself included) and they're fine with this but if I receive some bug report from "my" customers I'm happy if they included their screenshots in the text about their issue instead of referencing ("see image 001") and attaching them.
We don't have 2005 anymore ;)
For example Mantis or Redmine (and most likely any other ticket management system) support "in-line" screenshots just fine. And it's a good thing they do.

Adding the screenshots in yet another post as you suggest is even worse and totally contradicts the "can easily be taken [...] and compiled" part.

OP isn't even arguing against the idea of having to fill out some sort of form to submit bugs - s/he just wants the possibility to simply "paste" screenshots into these forms like with any other forum post. If this somehow isn't possible with the current forum's software it's one thing (and one thing that should be sorted out, imho - Afaik personal conversations suffer from the same issue.). To say it is that way because it's easier for the devs is a highly implausible statement, in my opinion. But as I said that's solely based on my experiences and preferences as a developer which may differ to those at Paradox'.

OP isn't even arguing against the idea of having to fill out some sort of form to submit bugs - s/he just wants the possibility to simply "paste" screenshots into these forms like with any other forum post. If this somehow isn't possible with the current forum's software it's one thing (and one thing that should be sorted out, imho - Afaik personal conversations suffer from the same issue.). To say it is that way because it's easier for the devs is a highly implausible statement, in my opinion. But as I said that's solely based on my experiences and preferences as a developer which may differ to those at Paradox'.

Exactly @elektrizikekswerk. I want to use the report form, but not lose a lot of time doing it what i feel - and you described - the most efficient way with screenshots.