• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dawnfire

Second Lieutenant
62 Badges
Apr 21, 2004
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Greets.

Normal/Furious, the date is 27th september, 1951. 1.06b still. I played as Axis Sweden, did relatively well, finally got crushed under USSR. As always, I loaded with another nation to see how it all would end, loading 'Scotland', a puppet I had made into the north England before I had to retreat from there (...)

Here is the situation in Europe briefly before the CrashToDesktop:
ScreenSave8.jpg

I'm thinking it happens right after the soviets lose their battle in Berlin and retreat - loaded with USSR, and it seemingly is so. I feel it's some event going off that does not work. Of course, I might be completely wrong and it is caused by something totally other. However, (seemingly) regardless of country you run, it always happens, the next day (28th), at 7 hours. If not then, then soon after.

With your permission I can send my save game not much before the CTD.

Last edited:
I think it may be a more broad-based problem, associated with late game savefile issues.

On numerous occasions with numerous games a CTD event occurs on the same day and hour, seemingly random in its placement but not in the date itself. It is not associated with any particular event, occupation or battle. I believe there is some fundamental flaw associated with the volume of data in the savefile after so many years of play. Whether this flaw comes from SuperAI or vanilla I cannot say, nor do I have anything but anecdotal proof for my assertion. Nevertheless it happens, much to my chagrin.

just a thought

I agree completely, actually. I apologize for the analogy, but it seems as if the game is like an old machine - corroding more and more as time passes, as if errors were stacked on and on as the game progresses, as if faults in genetic data finally pile up so much that the game freezes up.

With SuperAI and it's recommendation to play games past 1948 the problem in question is perhaps much bigger than in vanilla.

Again, into what address I might send those save games?

Dawnfire said:
You'll have to wait a bit when this got delayed so much - the HoI where I have the SuperAI is not installed at my student apartment. When I get home again, I'll send them.

But you will get them, I won't accidentally delete them like the last time I should have send things to you persons.
Ok, that's fine ;)