• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote against it too. As maradine said, damage control systems and operations are a critical part of anything as large and self-contained as a ship, and especially warships at that.

In various endgames in a messy 2v2 where both sides only have a fraction of their fleets left and neither is confident of assaulting, I'm often content to wait as long as the other guy wants to in order to finish my repairs, but someone could take this the next level and actively avoid battles. This can be annoying for the pursuer, but maps are rarely large enough to hide or prevent boxing in anything larger than a Shortfin or Buzzer.

It also encourages players to attempt to save their ships, as a scout that has taken heavy damage on first contact in the beginning of the game can be retired to wait in a backwater and come back as combat effective midgame without worrying about being sunk by a passing fish.

Repair maxes are half health for Commonwealth, 40 percent for Elites and 60 percent for Marauders, but faster and slower repair speeds for the latter two respectively, and I think the values are pretty fair.

Last edited:
Early on, we had repair ships that function like mobile Repair Platforms. It didn't work that well. It felt very tedious controlling ships that only provided a "health buff" for another ship and it slowed down gameplay. It also felt to mandatory to use which wasn't very fun at all.

The current system felt more natural and in the end, we pretty much had the same conclusions as KildarKMT.

doesnt seem the strategies you mention would change much from what is is right now,since we allready have it.Maybe since I dont play with that style I dont see the limp away and repair strategy hardly at all.Hunt them down,if your left with a bigger slower boat and it becomes a common thing for someone to run away then change your fleet to adapt.I cant tell you how many times I have to do the dance with scout fleets and I hate that dance,but it keeps me on my toes in the shipyard.Besides these maps really are not that big.It seems like too big a gimme,but I do recognize the float like a butterfly strategy and as a representative has commented on this I shall mention it no more.

Well I was speaking more specifically of retiring a single ship for repairs. With my multiple Piranhas, I can afford to take one or two out of battle (indeed I fight more often than not with maybe 60 percent of my fleet while a wing is pursuing a flank or helping my ally) if the situation allows. Obviously, with fleets composed of fewer, higher value ships, retiring one of them becomes problematic as it represents a larger percentage of your force.

I think it would be good to have a defense module that does repairs that we can place like the shields that you can activate every so often that repairs 50, 100, or so HP every time it's used; the amount of HP repaired should also reflect the timer it has; say if it's on a minute or longer timer, then the repair it does should be at least 25% of the ship's HP.

But I am not saying remove the low health repairs that happen automatically, the repair module is just another defense item to have, and to be used anytime the player wants as long as it's not on a cooldown already.

The repair ship idea was nice too, it should have been left in the game. Nothing wrong with having a ship that's only there to repair the fighters. Could have had 1 defensive slot for shields, radar, or cloak too; so it could do some other support as well.

Last edited: