• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chumley

Corporal
10 Badges
Oct 21, 2014
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
After months of development, playtesting and polishing, Renaissance Mod for Warlock 2 is finally here!

------------------------------

A Renaissance has come to the lands of Ardania! New technologies have been discovered, a 'Sylvan Order' has arisen to protect the land, and empires are flourishing as never before. Build vast cities, cast game-changing spells, and take your game to all new 4X fantasy heights!

This extensive mod offers loads of new content, plus a number of game fixes and highly-requested improvements. It really is next best thing to Warlock 3!

HIGHLIGHTS
==========
» NEW RACE: Sylvan Order
» 28 new Great Mage starter perks
» 25+ new units
» 20+ new buildings
» 13 new artifact elements for crafting
» 9 new Great Mages
» 9 new artifacts
» 7 new lords
» 7 new researchable spells
» 20+ new unit abilities
» 50+ new unit perks
» Several game fixes, including no-auto built farms, fixed upgrade costs, and Helia immunity fix
» All-new artwork for new units, perks, mages, buildings, abilities and artifacts
» So much more!

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=493257789

Detailed Mod Notes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8kcotmf67nc6mx/Warlock_2_Renaissance_Mod.txt?dl=0

------------------------------

A very special thanks to you, Shidan (as I'm sure you'll read this post before long, heh). Thanks again for all of your help and encouragement here on the modding forums. So much of what I did in this mod wouldn't have been possible without your help. I hope you'll be one of the first to subscribe and offer feedback.

Curious to hear your impression of the new Sylvan Order faction. I'm loving playing with them, myself. So much synergy -- something that was lacking a bit with some of the other factions.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Justify it this way -- if you purchase that DLC, you get access to that stuff PLUS everything in Renaissance. I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;-)

Reactions:
@Shidan Have you had a chance to play through a full game with Renaissance? As a big fan of the game and an expert mod developer, I'd love to hear your feedback and any suggestions you have for the next version. Balance is very important to me. Did anything seem over or underpowered?

As always, thanks. :)