• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, 2.7 has LOTS of fun things for me to work with! Notably, the "Secretly ___" trait and society will be used to represent pre-Fatimid Isma'ilis. I might also add a Sufi Society, it seems like the best way to model the Sufis.
Good to know.
Cheers

Oh, so as a bit of a warm-up, I did some modifying of the 867 start-up around Kiev, with the aim of strengthening Dyre the Stranger's position. Got a little tired of him constantly being conquered, so I gave him a total of 6 new provinces, each held by a slavic vassal of the appropriate tribe. Additionally, I moved the Krivichi west, now based around Smolensk, giving their previous Polotsk position to a new Polochiane tribe. Here's the new set-up:
Kiev.jpg

And in vassal view for Kiev:
Kiev Vassals.jpg

Where can I find a complete list of Catholic monastic orders? Also, is it possible to mod in the playability of monastic orders into the game? I heard from a friend that it's doable through the console.

Where can I find a complete list of Catholic monastic orders? Also, is it possible to mod in the playability of monastic orders into the game? I heard from a friend that it's doable through the console.
There are only Benedictines and Dominicans.

As for your second question, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

I was referring to the military monastic orders, like the Hospitallers and Templars, the ones that can hold titles.
To my knowledge, there are the Hospitallers, Templars, Teutonic Order, the Knights of Calatrava, and the Knights of Santiago. You can theoretically activate these orders through the console if you find the event names that spawn them in the game files, but I'm not sure whether Crusades have to be unlocked for them to work correctly.

To my knowledge, there are the Hospitallers, Templars, Teutonic Order, the Knights of Calatrava, and the Knights of Santiago. You can theoretically activate these orders through the console if you find the event names that spawn them in the game files, but I'm not sure whether Crusades have to be unlocked for them to work correctly.
But are they playable? I heard that even without a dynastic system in place you can play military orders if you do some stuff with the console or edit some files, not sure if it's true.

But are they playable? I heard that even without a dynastic system in place you can play military orders if you do some stuff with the console or edit some files, not sure if it's true.
I've hacked it so that I was a secular leader and held the title for one of the orders, but there are no special mechanics and your treasury gets drained every time you get to 300 gold because someone takes a loan from you, and because the grandmaster is not meant to be playable, you'll never get any events or decisions to get that money back.

I've hacked it so that I was a secular leader and held the title for one of the orders, but there are no special mechanics and your treasury gets drained every time you get to 300 gold because someone takes a loan from you, and because the grandmaster is not meant to be playable, you'll never get any events or decisions to get that money back.
Sounds like the system can be made bearable if the loan system was similar to what After The End has going, where the request for a loan can be denied or accepted. Playable military orders sound like a fun campaign, especially stuff like the Hospitallers in Rhodes or the Teutonic Knights in the North.

I don't currently have any plans for playable military orders. I cooouuuld perhaps set up each order as a Society, and then somehow link leadership of the Society with leadership of the duchy-level Order? That might be doable, and could be pretty fun tbh. I'll make a note.

In other news, 1.3 is released, featuring Cacao 1 compatibility, as well as new Zaydi events, and the new Kiev 867 set up.

Gosh wait. Is there anything regarding the hurufisim, bektashims or any of Batıniyyeh school or the Ghulat Shia?

I am up for helping you organize if you are interested in improving different Islamic orders, madhabs or aqidehs!!!

They seem to have nice general overview in this wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schools_of_Islamic_theology#Ghul.C4.81t-Imamis

I am especially interested in the spreading of Islam to non-Arabs and how weird synretic belief systems came out from Zorastrian, Tengriist and Hindu regions such as Yesevism, Ahmadiyya or Yarsanism.

I haven't updated the Hurufi or Bektashi yet. They aren't my area of expertise, so I haven't done the research yet. They're late-era things, and I've been focusing on early-era accuracy. Batiniyya and Ghulat in and of themselves isn't a descriptor of a religion imho. The Isma'ili and Qarmati hold the Batin/Zahir dichotomy in their teachings during the period, though, and they were the focus of the first months of my development, that have since been absorbed into the EMF Heresy segment. As for what is "ghulat", that varies over time, at the time the Isma'ili were considered Ghulat. I consider my "Waqifiyya" heresy to include most other Ghulat Shi'a sects.

If you'd like to help, I'd love to have you! Drop me a PM.