• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally Posted by deltren
I thought of the ahistorical ness of giving up the large ammount of land between the German border and the Russian Wall of Steel. Oh Well. This is R5! We are prepared!

IIRC, prior to the war, the Soviet military built a smiliar fortification ring around the most important cities, but after the Molotov... pact, Stalin, against the advice of his generals, ordered his army to assume positions on the border away from the fortifications that had been built

Minarchist said:
IIRC, prior to the war, the Soviet military built a smiliar fortification ring around the most important cities, but after the Molotov... pact, Stalin, against the advice of his generals, ordered his army to assume positions on the border away from the fortifications that had been built

stalin was also thrown off by the German attack, expecting it within years not at the time that it happened. Border units had been unsure as if they should return fire, Stalin unsure if Germany was actually attacking... This confusion led to some enormouse gains for the Germans at the start.

Nice going so far. I just hope your V-1 and V-2 rockets play a greater part in the war.
Good luck against the Germans!

You should ally Commi China now.

GeneralHannibal said:
You should ally Commi China now.

They are gone. This will turn in a war against facism, so I will hopfully recreate them :)

likk9922 said:
Nice going so far. I just hope your V-1 and V-2 rockets play a greater part in the war.
Good luck against the Germans!
I doubt they will aside from logisitcal strikes against units to reduce speed and ese. The V-2 Range is just under 400, but Balistic Missle Strategic Rocket Technology could change this, tho I do not know what the range is for a strategic rocket.

Relentless Rocket Rampage Rover Russia

Kiev Watches and Waits

As July rolled around The Germans were making headway fast. They had reached The Southern Wall of Steel with Kiev at the tip . Nearly 200 Divisions (Two Army Groups and 10 garriosons per fortified province) waited for orders along the 1000 km long Wall of Steel.

rocket_july_41_overview.jpg

Army Group Northern Front had been relativly successfully at slowing the German advance in the north. Fighting aggressivly they had a battle success rate of about 50%, meeting numerous Tactical Delays and Counter attacks by the Germans during July. The Army Group would soon retreat north of the river near Riga and assume defensive positions. They had done their job. The German's had incredible reserves of Organization, but lacked the moral of a Soviet soilder. While we had pulled off 3 attacks on enemy positions the German's had only been able to muster 2 attacks. This was noted as strategies were developed to fight This German BlitzKreig.

rocket_july_41.jpg

Meanwhile Ship Assembly line was researched.

Well, it sounds like the preliminaries are over and the big dance is about to begin. Time to see how R5 plays out. Will Germany prevail or be blinded by the "Rocket's Red Glare"?

grayghost said:
Well, it sounds like the preliminaries are over and the big dance is about to begin. Time to see how R5 plays out. Will Germany prevail or be blinded by the "Rocket's Red Glare"?

i vote blinded and utterly destroyed.

Then again I also noticed the panzers were slow to run out of org, so they will be my biggest challenege, unless of course they fall in my trap:)

How would the viewers like the updates? Monthly battle progression or just an overview of terrtory gains losses with key battle screenies?

I would like to see a monthly battle progression, although I know that is labor intensive. ;)

Yoy21 said:
Alright! Show Germany what it's like to lose for once! (not counting many other games and real life :D )

its not just germany, I'm practicly at war with all of Europe and I have no doubt Nationalist Spain will join The Axis. Which is nice. ;)

When you were listing the alliances, were you only including the major players? I noticed that for the allies, autralian, new zealand, canda, and all the other minors weren't listed. Besides, you have Mongolia and Tannu Tavu. How can you lose with those power houses behind you. :D

grayghost said:
When you were listing the alliances, were you only including the major players? I noticed that for the allies, autralian, new zealand, canda, and all the other minors weren't listed. Besides, you have Mongolia and Tannu Tavu. How can you lose with those power houses behind you. :D

lol please. Ya the allies have all those small nations behind them, but AFAIK the IC they have is probably at least half of all the small nations of the Axis, if not less.

Relentless Rocket Rampage Rover Russia

August 1941: Operation Red Winter

While Northern Army Group continued to probe German denders from Riga, two major battles happened which triggered Operation Red Winter.

The First battle was the battle of Jekpalis at the end of July. We were finially kicked out of the Southern portion of the River.

As our forces retreated across the river south of Riga, The Finnish attacked the northern most province of Kola, destroying our 3 divisions with no retreat.

rocket_august_41_battles.jpg

For about a week after the retreat from Jekpalis, our forces skirmished the smaller German divisions across the border. By the 18th however The Northern Army Group and smaller one division armies headed north to Leningrad to await orders.

The Germans now had most land west of The Wall of Steel, and were even probing across the bridges of the river that connected the northern and southern Wall of Steel.

rocket1_august_41_Finland.jpg

As the soviet forces retreated our Ground Defense Effency rose to .8, effectivly maxing our GDE. We were in full scale war now. Strategic rockets were also discovered, and research into Improved Decryption devices was under taken, with technology for a max nuclear reactor of 1 to be undertaken next. 5 series of V2 rockets were ordered.

rocket_august_41_GDE.jpg

By August 25 most of Northern Army Group's mechanized and motorized divisions were awaiting orders in Leningrad and so they were given the instructions for "Operation Red Winter". The Triple divisions would take Helsinki and move north along the coast while the single divisions would attempt to cut off the border defenders of Finland by moving more directly north. Despite rainy weather, forests, and over command max penalities, our forces simply overan the Finns. The Slower infantry divisions were still at least 10 days march from Leningrad, and would secure the back provinces. Once Finnland was occupied our forces would continue to take German terrtory all the way to the west coast, just above denmark, and await further instructions.

rocket_aug_30.jpg

On an interesting side note the Probes of German lines just north of Kiev and South of Riga showed that the Germans were out of supply. I love smart AI who can't build enough supplies :(

Last edited:
Alright, flanking attack through Scandanavia and Denmark. Jerries wont see it coming. ;)

grayghost said:
Alright, flanking attack through Scandanavia and Denmark. Jerries wont see it coming. ;)

lol they also won't see the slimey finns offer puppetation of the Soviet union to be spared Soviet wrath. I got this event just after august ended so If I get it again I will show the scrennie on the next update. However this war i plan to erradicate facists and show them no mercy.

Can't wait to see swarms of V2 hordes raining down on poor German defenders.

Also, the words "Stalin's" and "Big Red Rocket" in the same sentence make me cringe for some reason. :rofl:

Tribulation said:
Can't wait to see swarms of V2 hordes raining down on poor German defenders.

Also, the words "Stalin's" and "Big Red Rocket" in the same sentence make me cringe for some reason. :rofl:

LoL. How bout "Stalin's" and "Big Red Rocket's" and "with nuclear warheads". lol

deltren said:
LoL. How bout "Stalin's" and "Big Red Rocket's" and "with nuclear warheads". lol

Too explosive to contemplate. One would not want to dwell on the nuclear eruption. ;)