• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello. Thank you for an update (yea, I few days earlier found out about update). I have a problem. Today, when i press singleplayer, CK2 crashes. It works great without a mod, but Elder Kings crashes. What do I need to do?

If your game crashes it's probably because you have a wrong version of CK2, be sure that your CK2 is in the latest version available (3.3.3)

There's a lot of WIP work but we've mostly moved on to CK3 ; it may well be that this is the last version for CK2 for the foreseeable future.
I tougth this end of updatetes will give this mod the stability this mod needs to be polished out :(
But anyway thanks for all the work, effort put into this mod.
Are the mod then considered definitively as abandoned ?
Will the SVN repository stay up (or has it been migrateted to git) ?
Is a fork of it theoritically permitted / possible?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Occasional patches are still pushed to the git repo

Hello, you have a "red tower" - "red mountain" in the list of working towers in fashion on CK 2, but in the list for deactivating towers there is a "snow tower" - the throat of the world. Is this a flaw? Or unfinished / for the future?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi i just want to report that warlord cb doesn't work as intedent (in ek_cb_types).
Solve i've found:

In mentioned file, in line 197, there is:

any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title = {

there should be:

any_de_jure_vassal_title = {

and everything work fine (u can use it for neighbor de jure kingdom title if defender doesnt have aimed de jure kingdom title).

Hi i just want to report that warlord cb doesn't work as intedent (in ek_cb_types).
Solve i've found:

In mentioned file, in line 197, there is:

there should be:

any_de_jure_vassal_title = {

and everything work fine (u can use it for neighbor de jure kingdom title if defender doesnt have aimed de jure kingdom title).
The behaviour is as intended (a duchy must be held in the target kingdom). The comment above it is outdated but not player-facing

Dude u makes shity programming in this file. Catch this:

Here u have lines 197-237:
OR = {
holder_scope = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT
}
}
location = {
any_neighbor_province = {
OR = {
AND = {
has_owner = yes
owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT
}
}
}
AND = {
is_land = no
any_neighbor_province = {
OR = {
AND = {
has_owner = yes
owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
"any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title" scope title only so using "owner" in lane 210 and 224 what scope character only make it impossible to fire if target title is outside ur main title de jure kingdom (only lines 199-204 will fire where evrything scope title) as is intended in lines 205-237 (this lines never fire).
If u change "any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title" to "any_de_jure_vassal_title"( what scope character and title) everything start to make sense.

Edit: BTW target is always kingdom, what duchy u ment?

Last edited:
Dude u makes shity programming in this file
Not a great way to start :)
Edit: BTW target is always kingdom, what duchy u ment?
The warlord casus belli, like the vanilla invasion casus belli, targets kingdoms. The warlord casus belli has several restrictions on top of this, such as the not being able to attack high kings within in their high kingdom unless you are their de jure emperor. The one at the root of your misunderstanding is that you must hold a duchy within the target kingdom. That is what the lines you have quoted are checking. This is a casus belli can_use_title scope, and so the THIS is the target title. any_de_jure_vassal_title, as you suggest, would also target counties and baronies with is not the intended functionality. Holding a duchy is a requirement of using the casus belli, which are direct vassals of kingdoms in the de jure hierarchy. Or, as the FAQ puts it:
With Warlord Casus Belli you can conquer all provinces that are in the same de jure kingdom as your titles. What it means that you need to hold at least one duchy-tier title to have this CB available to you.
The casus belli works perfectly well when you meet the required conditions outside of your kingdom (d_senchal is held by Cyrodiil)
1618673122311.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Not a great way to start :)

The warlord casus belli, like the vanilla invasion casus belli, targets kingdoms. The warlord casus belli has several restrictions on top of this, such as the not being able to attack high kings within in their high kingdom unless you are their de jure emperor. The one at the root of your misunderstanding is that you must hold a duchy within the target kingdom. That is what the lines you have quoted are checking. This is a casus belli can_use_title scope, and so the THIS is the target title. any_de_jure_vassal_title, as you suggest, would also target counties and baronies with is not the intended functionality. Holding a duchy is a requirement of using the casus belli, which are direct vassals of kingdoms in the de jure hierarchy. Or, as the FAQ puts it:

The casus belli works perfectly well when you meet the required conditions outside of your kingdom (d_senchal is held by Cyrodiil)
View attachment 705490
Understood and sorry for taking ur time. Thank u for ur patient
Edit: sorry for my passive-agressive lang. U were right and i was wrong

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
My apologies but I am rather confused ; what is this version of the mod called ? Is it the same than the one on the steam workshop ? Is it compatible with the final ck 2 version ? And last but not least, when in my mods page, I see "elder kings" and "elder kings 26 09 2021" which one should I use ?

Thank you for your help, I must say I miss elder kings for a few years now.

And last time I checked, we decided what game we would mod.
Doesn't mean others can't continue improving your mod, same like it was done with AtE, LotR and other mods. And it that case we decide what we mod, not you. And you are, of course, always free to waste your time on modding a worse game, you aren't employed by us in any way, so you don't have any obligations.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: