• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's been updated for a bit. You have to use the SVN program to run it though. It's not a huge deal but its an extra step and can be a little wonky at times.

Mod's pretty good though so i'd say its worth the hassle if you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves a little.

It's been updated for a bit. You have to use the SVN program to run it though. It's not a huge deal but its an extra step and can be a little wonky at times.

Mod's pretty good though so i'd say its worth the hassle if you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves a little.
I see. So the 3.3.0 version is never going to be uploaded to Steam Workshop or some other site, right?

Last edited:
I was on Steam and there was some fireworks about when this mod was going to be updated to the latest version of CK2 and it looks like the devs are having some issues getting it to upload that way....or something along those lines.

Honestly, i'm not that heavily invested in CK2 at the moment, I was just cruising the forums when I seen your question about an update and I figured i'd chime in before you got SVN'd over the head.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was on Steam and there was some fireworks about when this mod was going to be updated to the latest version of CK2 and it looks like the devs are having some issues getting it to upload that way....or something along those lines.

Honestly, i'm not that heavily invested in CK2 at the moment, I was just cruising the forums when I seen your question about an update and I figured i'd chime in before you got SVN'd over the head.
Thank you very much Industrious.

cant you put the update here on this site instead on svn tortoise if this has been awnserd please tell where the awnser is thanks

Man takes 5m to do it though the SVN, if you dont know how to do it there instructions videos on youtube on how to install Elder Kings using SVN

• 1Like
Reactions:
Man takes 5m to do it though the SVN, if you dont know how to do it there instructions videos on youtube on how to install Elder Kings using SVN
i get your point but i was asking a question about why they did not upload a link or put the mod up here in this site but thanks for the reply (side note please be friendly not intrest in starting something like a flame war or something familliar just looking for anwsers ok? have good day or night)

• 3Like
Reactions:
i get your point but i was asking a question about why they did not upload a link or put the mod up here in this site but thanks for the reply (side note please be friendly not intrest in starting something like a flame war or something familliar just looking for anwsers ok? have good day or night)

why would start a flamewar, i didnt insulted you or abuse you in any way, i just pointed out that you can install the mod extremely easily if you actually tried it.

• 2Like
Reactions:

It is pretty annoying to have to install an application just to get this mod, though. I can understand why people would like an easier way to get it. Even the direct download in the forum is woefully out of date and it isn't hard to just upload to mediafire or mega like all the other mods do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is pretty annoying to have to install an application just to get this mod, though. I can understand why people would like an easier way to get it. Even the direct download in the forum is woefully out of date and it isn't hard to just upload to mediafire or mega like all the other mods do.
Use of Mediafire and Mega would run contrary to the Rules for User Made Mods and Edits

Reactions:
That is absolutely true, just like is absolutely true that at the end of the day the difference between the 2 ways is about 5 minutes if not less

• 1Like
Reactions:
That is absolutely true, just like is absolutely true that at the end of the day the difference between the 2 ways is about 5 minutes if not less

No, the difference is that one way requires users to simply download the mod. While the other way requires many of them to install an application just for this mod, and then figure out how to use what is an unfamiliar system for many people. Consider that hardly any of the other CK2 forum-based mods use SVN and just do a direct link to the latest version instead. There are good reasons why SVN is pretty rare in CK2 mod distribution, and why people keep bringing this topic up.

Reactions:
Hey folk. I've noticed that there are 2 submods listed (a vampire-themed one and an Ayleid-themed one). But they are both intended for a pre-Holy Fury version. Are they incorporated in the current version EK? If not, would they be incompatible with the current version?
Thanks.

No, the difference is that one way requires users to simply download the mod. While the other way requires many of them to install an application just for this mod, and then figure out how to use what is an unfamiliar system for many people. Consider that hardly any of the other CK2 forum-based mods use SVN and just do a direct link to the latest version instead. There are good reasons why SVN is pretty rare in CK2 mod distribution, and why people keep bringing this topic up.
and all of that amounts to 5minutes of your life

and all of that amounts to 5minutes of your life

It takes all of about 5min to upload a new copy of the mod for direct download like literally every other mod does. It was even done at some point because there's an ancient copy of the mod attached in the OP. idk why you're so adamant about not just giving people an updated copy when clearly the community isn't happy with SVS. You're going to keep getting posts like this over and over.

Reactions:
It takes all of about 5min to upload a new copy of the mod for direct download like literally every other mod does. It was even done at some point because there's an ancient copy of the mod attached in the OP. idk why you're so adamant about not just giving people an updated copy when clearly the community isn't happy with SVS. You're going to keep getting posts like this over and over.
I should point out since it seems like there's some confusion in your post, the person to whom you're responding isn't a member of the dev team

Reactions: