• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Running the SVN long term is a bit impossible without paying for programs on Mac and Linux, what I do is if I really get a craving I'll rollback and marathon only this mod for like a week then go back to my normal bouncing between lightly modded-CK2 and AGOT.

Reactions:
Running the SVN long term is a bit impossible without paying for programs on Mac and Linux, what I do is if I really get a craving I'll rollback and marathon only this mod for like a week then go back to my normal bouncing between lightly modded-CK2 and AGOT.
SmartSVN Foundation is free for both Mac and Linux

Reactions:
SmartSVN Foundation is free for both Mac and Linux
Is it permanently free? I know the only thing I could find a year ago or so was just a 30 day trial for free.
(Very excited to be proved wrong/outdated) here
Edit: Yes it looks like sometime since I last used SmartSVN they made their basic version (the Foundation one) free! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hi is a update coming to this mod? I mean i cant play it with the latest of ck2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The SVN release is nice and all, but a proper unified release for multiplayer games that works on the latest patch would be great, especially now that CK2's expansion cycle has ended.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The SVN release is nice and all, but a proper unified release for multiplayer games that works on the latest patch would be great, especially now that CK2's expansion cycle has ended.
The SVN is as compatible with multiplayer as the manual release, there's a few groups in the Discord who organise games on it. Please ensure that all players are using the same revision.

Reactions:
The SVN is as compatible with multiplayer as the manual release, there's a few groups in the Discord who organise games on it. Please ensure that all players are using the same revision.

That's the point though, you need to setup the SVN and you may have different versions and all that, it's a mess... I hope for an official release soon since the game is finalized.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That's the point though, you need to setup the SVN and you may have different versions and all that, it's a mess... I hope for an official release soon since the game is finalized.
Tortoise allows you to swap revision with great ease. The process of switching revisions is much, much simpler than coordinating people using different manual releases

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Tortoise allows you to swap revision with great ease. The process of switching revisions is much, much simpler than coordinating people using different manual releases

That's not the point, a lot of people don't want to get Tortoise to play a mod, or aren't techy enough to do it.
Which is why preparing an official manual release now that CK2's update cycle is over would be wise.

• 7Like
Reactions:
That's not the point, a lot of people don't want to get Tortoise to play a mod, or aren't techy enough to do it.
Which is why preparing an official manual release now that CK2's update cycle is over would be wise.
Setting up the SVN is only slightly more complex than installing the manual release and leagues easier than getting Workshop to download something it doesn't want to. We have a small set of instructions available at our pinned thread here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/svn-public-access-not-for-bug-reports.880521/ For those unwilling to use the SVN, they must as always remain patient. Another manual release will probably come eventually but contenting oneself with 0.2.3.X for the time being is quite naturally the cost of not using the SVN

• 1Like
Reactions:
you are going to have to live with it to be honest. these people who make the mod don't get paid to do so and are not obligated to make it easier for those unwilling to learn to use SVN. if you are unwilling to learn why should they be willing to make it easier for you if they get nothing out of it?

• 3Like
Reactions:
you are going to have to live with it to be honest. these people who make the mod don't get paid to do so and are not obligated to make it easier for those unwilling to learn to use SVN. if you are unwilling to learn why should they be willing to make it easier for you if they get nothing out of it?

First of all, I know perfectly well how to use SVN...Secondly...
Isn't this mod made with passion and love? If so don't they want the mod to be accessible? CK2's development is over, CK3 is about to come out, and the last stable official release of the mod isn't compatible with the final CK2 release. Most people who look for mods aren't going to want to install SVN to play a mod.

This is something that should be addressed since the mod is well designed and is pretty fun. I'm not saying pack the SVN together and release it now, I'm just suggesting that now would be a good time to prepare for a 0.2.4 release in the near future.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Isn't this mod made with passion and love? If so don't they want the mod to be accessible? CK2's development is over, CK3 is about to come out, and the last stable official release of the mod isn't compatible with the final CK2 release. Most people who look for mods aren't going to want to install SVN to play a mod.

This is something that should be addressed since the mod is well designed and is pretty fun. I'm not saying pack the SVN together and release it now, I'm just suggesting that now would be a good time to prepare for a 0.2.4 release in the near future.
I'm really not quite sure what it is that you're trying to get at. You started with asking for a manual download for multiplayer when the SVN is multiplayer-compatible (indeed, our public multiplayer community seems to exclusively use the SVN), Then it was inter-user version compatibility when the SVN allows for far easier co-ordination of versions with much smaller download sizes when switching. Now, as well as briefly earlier, you mention CK2's development cycle coming to a close by which I imagine you mean to bring up how compatching will no longer be a worry.

This isn't really a major factor, though. Nor is it new information, with 3.3 being released the better part of a year ago. Compatching for 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 were each achieved on the SVN on the same day as their release. 3.0 (Holy Fury), as large as it was, still only took about a week to achieve compatibility with. It's not like the dev team is a shadowy cabal huddled together in a dark room filled with cigar smoke conspiring about how new features will never be allowed to be accessed by those who refuse to use the SVN :p As we've stated many times over many months, we don't feel that the current state is quite cogent enough for a major release but it's something that we're working towards. You seem to acknowledge this in your last sentence, so unless I am misunderstanding you I really have no idea what it is that you're asking for :confused:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I think what he is saying is that a release that the 'casual' playing base would find accessible would be advisable now that there are no new updates coming for CK2.

You could just point out that there is a release compatible with the final version of the official game and then continue to blissfully work on the SVN version. Might save all you guys on the dev team a lot of stress and explaining which I seem to see periodically here on this forum and much more frequently on the Steam workshop comments.

But I guess whatever floats your boat, its your mod, your call.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Its still completely accessable? most of the points you made change nothing of what i said. they have been updating the mod via SVN and its still being updated trough it. Not to mention you can still access multiplayer. really if people dont want to use SVN which is just another way to download the mod then thats on them and the dev team shouldnt have to worry about those unwilling to use what they use.

Reactions: