• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Colossal_Elk

Unspecified Cervid
24 Badges
Dec 10, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
VHhJW4H.png

EK Version: 0.2.3.5 (UPDATED FROM INITIAL RELEASE)
CK2 Version: 3.0.1.1 (Checksum ONDO)

Steam Workshop: HERE
ZIP archive:
AVAILABLE, SEE BOTTOM OF POST.

Elder Kings is recommended for 64bit systems with 4GB or more available RAM. 32bit systems may be unable to run the mod or will have a greatly reduced performance.

ZIP install Instructions:
Extract your Elder Kings 0.2.3 zip archive to the Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod folder. Then, copy the EK021.mod file inside the new Elder Kings folder and paste it to the mod folder outside.

Elder Kings does not require any DLC in order to run. However, it is compatible with every DLC. In addition, we recommend the following DLC in particular:

Celtic Portraits
Iberian Portraits
Mediterranean Portraits
Norse Portraits
Russian Portraits
Conclave
Jade Dragon
Legacy of Rome
The Old Gods
The Reaper's Due
The Republic
Sons of Abraham
Way of Life
Holy Fury

Changelog (courtesy of Jumbi):

Elder Kings v0.2.3 MAIN FEATURES
- Holy Fury Compatibility
- Bloodline traits have been turned into bloodlines - Tamrielic races previously lacking bloodlines have been given them
- New succession laws:
-- CONFIRMATION: The ruler and the major powers of their realm come together to select an heir from the ruler's close family. This is the new default succession law in many places
-- CONFEDERATE: The ruler, their council, and members of the confederacy come together to elect a strong successor from amongst themselves. This is the succession law used by the confederacy government
-- COMMUNE: The Elder Council and powerful members of the Commune will come together to elect a leader from among the Commune's citizens. This is the succession law used by the Imperial Commune
-- IMPERIAL: The Emperor, Elder Council, and powerful rulers in the Empire will come together to elect an heir
-- GREAT HOUSE: Members of the Great House will come together to elect a leader consistent with their Great House's values
-- MOOT: The High King and their jarls will come together to elect a strong leader consistent with Nordic values. Preference is given to Skyrim's traditional jarls. - New Bookmark: Varen's Rebellion

OTHER FEATURES
- Code of Malacath leadership challenges have been updated to make prospective challengers less suicidal
- Some changes to the de jure setup
- Ruins excavations can now suffer setbacks - Added laws restricting genocide in one's realm - Added events for the succession of the Silvenar and Green Lady
- New regional patron gods - Clan Mothers society added for the Khajiit
- When raiding, buildings are more likely to be destroyed and holdings are less likely to be destroyed - AI should raid more aggressively - AI will employ mercenaries more frequently
- Landless close relatives can now request small land grants
- Towers now have a base tower building on game start, allowing them to be competitive with regular holdings from the beginning - Added coloured title frames to many government types
- A special tomb building appears in Orgnum's capital on his death
- Adjustments to AI genocide logic - Holding setup adjustments
- The steward can once again find mineral deposits
- Added a fix for immortal age overflow causing mer to sometimes look like children
- Many new visual assets
- Many small tweaks and rebalancing
- Many history updates
- Many bugfixes

-See the SVN revision log for more!

If you would like to access the cutting edge versions of Elder Kings, our development repository can be accessed through this thread.

Attachments

• EK021.7z
    161,2 MB · Views: 10.947
Last edited:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hip Hip Hurray! for a new Elder Kings release!

Can someone please explain to me how you download it from the steamworkshop?
Subscribing to mod downloads it in theory. In practice, the Workshop sometimes doesn't download subscribed mods immediately, if at all, and so there is the direct download in the top post if this is the case for you.

The direct download is missing the .mod files.

Edit: I did notice it was claimed to be somewhere in the folder itself, but I was unable to find it. Not sure if that's because it's hidden in a load of subfolders or it was simply forgotten to be included?

it crashes when you select religion
Could you clarify what you mean by that?

The direct download is missing the .mod files.

Edit: I did notice it was claimed to be somewhere in the folder itself, but I was unable to find it. Not sure if that's because it's hidden in a load of subfolders or it was simply forgotten to be included?
z8qRP83.png

The download I literally just grabbed from this post doesn't contain the same things as that screenshot you just posted. There is no Class Features.txt, EK021.mod, or Mechanics_for_EK.rtf.

Edit: How do I attach a screenshot so I can show you what I'm talking about? I wish it was simply that I was too stupid to see it the first time, but that is really not the case.

Last edited: