Release date set for Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game+ trailer released!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course we did so at the moment we saw the new date.
It seems that it is up to the retailers to decide when to release the game (after the official release date which was and still is March 29th).

So I am guessing this is incorrect now, right? As GamersGate has "5 April 2011" for the release date this morning, 29 March. I was sort of hoping to set this for download today but is that no longer possible? I already pre-ordered and would have appreciated some kind of note here.

Thoughts?

Hi gang,

To clarify a few points:
1. The devs are not responsible for the sales and marketing of this product. The devs are responsible for the game and the communication surrounding the game.
2. We always set a tentative release date for our games, but if reasons beyond our control surface and we don't believe the title will get a good sales start due to it, we deem that within our rights as a publisher to make that call. That is not something the devs can control and it's got nothing to do with the product itself. I agree we could have been much more communicative about any changes on this release, and we just need to clarify a few question marks with our sales team later today and after that we'll hopefully will be able to straighten out some question marks.
3. There's a misconception that a higher price = more revenue for all involved. Those of you who have followed Magicka and a lot of other releases in 2010/2011 will know by now that equation is outdated. Think Darkest Hour is good value for money? Excellent, tell all your friends about it :). At that price, most people can afford to try something out that they potentially would not have done otherwise = more people playing = better for everyone.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...heap-to-me&p=12228649&viewfull=1#post12228649

As Johan states, "I agree we could have been much more communicative about any changes on this release..."

Ok, that's fine. I would not dispute this; I would like clarification and perhaps advance notice of a date change, though. Just a simple post with the new date and maybe even a reason (if possible) would be nice.

So, in your opinion, will 5 April 2011 now be the "final" release date?

So that's the reason for the delay? :p

Yeah, I'd love to know that too, and I hope it isn't due to some magical "market pressures" PR statement.

Even money, I think it's one of the two: (1) some other games released today might steal the thunder of this one and so far, on the 5th, nothing else "important" is being releases or (2) they just weren't ready for the download capacity yet and since you can only release new media on Tuesdays or its like you have just divided by zero, they have to wait a full week.

I will never, ever understand that rule about Tuesdays, by the by.

Last edited: