Release date, price and developer diary #1 for After Dark!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seriously guys? I have a very bad internet connection. It means that without a preload, it will take a very good portion of time of the release day to get the game.

Why not make the game available today, allow us to buy and download it and unlock only in the launch day?

:mad::(

Seriously guys? I have a very bad internet connection. It means that without a preload, it will take a very good portion of time of the release day to get the game.

Why not make the game available today, allow us to buy and download it and unlock only in the launch day?

:mad::(

Okay a sudden switch from preorders to preloads :)

Preloads, when they happen, are only usually for BIG games, 8-16GB (I'm using my bad memory here so others feel free to correct me). It is very rare for DLC.

If you happen to be in a region with a poor internet speed, this is unfortunate :(

Okay a sudden switch from preorders to preloads :)

Preloads, when they happen, are only usually for BIG games, 8-16GB (I'm using my bad memory here so others feel free to correct me). It is very rare for DLC.

If you happen to be in a region with a poor internet speed, this is unfortunate :(

I don't think this DLC will be small. 3GB maybe? I will need around 12-15hours to download this data.

Well, seems that I'm going to play only in the weekend.:(

I don't think this DLC will be small. 3GB maybe? I will need around 12-15hours to download this data.

Definition of small depends where you are and what speed you have I suppose.

Ouch! 3GB over 12hrs gives you a speed equivalent to dial-up! Where do you live, on a Pacific Island somewhere? (not that wouldn't be cool - I'd love that, but I'd miss the broadband..)

Ouch! 3GB over 12hrs gives you a speed equivalent to dial-up! Where do you live, on a Pacific Island somewhere? (not that wouldn't be cool - I'd love that, but I'd miss the broadband..)

I live in brazil...

The whole of Cities: Skylines pre-expansion is only about 3.6GB! Unless Steam has to redownload the entire game to update then it shouldn't be anything like that.

I hope so, want to play it at least in the Friday.

Thanks.

The problem with pre-loading something like this is that from all appearances Paradox is going to make it available as soon as they possibly can. You can't pre-load something that's not there.

Though it'd be nice to be able to pre-purchase it for another reason. If you go to sleep and 5 minutes later they release it, whether or not you pre-purchased the game could decide whether or not you play it when you wake up, or not until the next day.

Not exactly an earth-shattering problem to have, but still happy customers et al.