Release date, price and developer diary #1 for After Dark!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
First Cities: Skylines Expansion to Release on September 24th

Sneak in After Dark and Read Colossal Order’s Diary

STOCKHOLM – Aug. 20, 2015 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a civic-minded somnambulist, today announced that “After Dark,” the first expansion for the hit city-building game Cities: Skylines, will release worldwide on September 24, 2015.

The expansion, which will include a broad variety of features, such as a day-and-night cycle, new nighttime city services and options, and much more, will be available to players of Cities: Skylines on PC, Mac, and Linux for $14.99 via digital distributors everywhere.

To give curious city constructors a glimpse of what awaits them in After Dark, Paradox has released a design diary from Cities: Skylines developer Colossal Order, along with a new batch of in-game screenshots showing several of the substantial sundown surprises that await players.

Read about the changes that go into a city at night in the first After Dark diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ark-dev-diary-1-night-time-what-is-it.877721/

In After Dark, the sun will set on mayor-players’ in-game cities – but it will rise once nighttime is over, so nobody needs to worry. Towns will look – and behave – differently at night, with new leisure-focused nightspots, popular beachfront properties that thrive during the daytime, and new systems such as taxicabs, prisons, bike lanes, and much more.

EDIT: Map used for the screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481589064

9pRXWpa.png

tbGEQaL.png

fB8KHrw.png

E7DkEDH.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hey guys ! Great news. Even if I would have liked to see more pictures with bicycles lanes and beaches, your diary makes me impatient :)

Talkin' about beaches, waterfronts will be included ? Walkways waterfront ?

I have to be honest, I don't like the direction they took on this. Night-time was never on my wish list anyway, but if implemented I assumed it would be cosmetic. Now it seems it will be an actual alternate state for many buildings. This was a HUGE problem with the last SC in that, for example, schools would be over-crowded during the "day" and suddenly empty at "night". You had to, literally, "catch" them at midday to know how you were doing. I sincerely hope that's NOT how these new day/night sensitive buildings and facilities are going to work.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well done CO. :) I couldn't agree more.

c5UoDnZ.jpg

Wouldn`t count on the £8 for UK though, rare UK ever gets the real $-EU-GBP rating, but time`ll tell ;)

Reactions:
Very good news indeed! :) One request, can we have some gameplay footage of After Dark release? I mean the only footage we got was the reveal trailer, and since now the release date has been announced, how about some videos? Thanks.

Reactions: