Release Date Announcement - Expansion Pass Two and Synthetic Dawn!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its been over a year and not one reply from a dev about getting console commands unlocked for console players. A major feature missing from the game for alot of people. But they sure get right on here to sell us an expansion. Its the only time they comment on their own forum. Well like I said over a year ago , Im not spending another cent on that game without console commands. Dont care what they release.

It probably won't ever be unlocked for consoles. Console games with cheat commands are a rarity now compared to before, at least partially because Sony and Microsoft cracked down on it in the 360/PS3 era when they brought in achievements/trophies.

It's not impossible that it could be unlocked, but I wouldn't hold out for it and am honestly a bit confused as to why you expected it to have them when it's very much not the norm in console games.

If you log into the game now it tells you "new features" are coming that will break save compatibility. I guess for people who never use forums or social media

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm very much looking forward to the new economy system.

The one thing I enjoyed about it the most on PC was how detailed it was without being overly complicated.

I like clicking on my planets and seeing how the population is doing. Seeing how bad criminality has gotten, how to get more jobs on the planet, why the pops with all the power are unhappy etc.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Correct me if I'm wrong but in 2.2 version I believe trade routes get attacked by pirates?
Yep. You have to set up patrols to deal with piracy

Will we be upgraded to 2.2 for free even if we don't buy the second expansion?

Sadly yes. I wish there was an option to opt out of the patch. I like to stick to where we are right now. It seems it will be forced apon us.

I'm curious as to why you would like to opt out of the update it will add so much new content to the game.

For me, I just don't find it as fun in the new system when playing on PC. I prefer the way it is where we make buildings. Yes I know we still make buildings in the new version but it's different. It's like we need to grow 5 population to make a building. Then need housing. Need jobs this, jobs that, I just found it more fun the way it is now.

Too much micro. I just ended up giving up how populations are allocated. Would make a new building, say farms, on a planet since I wanted more food, but once the farms are made, the populations don't go there. Trying to use the system it has now to have where the population goes seems to not work as smoothly like saying click here and move there. Now it's like click farms up, but need to click credits down so new population doesn't go to produce credits. Sometimes I don't know why it still doesn't go to farms or where I want them to go. With the mouse it's annoying, but using a controller where we might have to keep scrolling up and down will just make it more of a chore. Something like how we go to the outliner, say planets at top, but need to go all the way to the bottom to see what ever is there.

Then some population can't do farms because they were "promoted" for something else. So now we need to wait for a new population and hope they go where I want them to go.

Then do this for all planets you are controlling (or wanting to control). Not bad when one or two, but if it's down down down down down with the thumbstick or D pad, and it just becomes unfun.

With some people saying the new population system slows their PCs down, I am afraid of what it would do to consoles. I already find the turns slow now, hate to see what happens if our consoles can't handle the new coding.

I also like the idea I can colonize a system without worry of making a star base. It's just another, to do this, you must do that. That is what the new edition seems to me now. To get this new feature, that must be done. Now to be able to do what must be done, you will need the other thing. Which leads to resources.

As for resources, I just don't find it fun, gather minerals to make alloys that will make ships. Gather Goods to make people happy. Make this for that, that for this. Just seems convoluted. Sometimes simple is more fun. I rather just worry about gathering credits, minerals and food. Current way, need minerals to make a ship. New version to make a ship, we need alloys. To get alloys we need minerals. Now we need to make buildings to make alloys. Now we need more minerals to make those buildings. Need entertainment resources. That will make people happy. We need police resource if people are not happy enough. Now we need to worry about crime. We can use happy or police resource.

While it seems great on paper, as I thought at first, seemed great, once playing just became a chore. I don't like playing video games when they become a chore. I play games for fun. Adding this extra chore is not adding fun for me. One of the reasons why I bought Stellaris on console. So I can play on console and play the old way. If I want to play the old way, then my only option is on PC. I don't want to play on PC, I want to play on console.

I am not saying it shouldn't be done, just an option to opt out just like on the PC version. This way everyone get's to play the way they like it. Since I don't feel like playing on PC right now, then that would mean I will stop playing Stellaris now.

With some people saying the new population system slows their PCs down, I am afraid of what it would do to consoles. I already find the turns slow now, hate to see what happens if our consoles can't handle the new coding.

Consoles games are easier to optomise since the console themselves have a fixed spec, whereas pc it's more difficult because of the 1000s of different hardware and software combinations that pcs have.

just an option to opt out just like on the PC version

That will never be an option for digital only games on consoles, it's either the latest version or nothing especially if you want to play multiplayer