• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it also possible to allow the “Designate Heir Title to convert that title and associated counties too a Viceroy type title. That way if your heir dies the title reverts back too you and his family rejoins your court. That way you can arrange things as you want them dynastically.

I like the idea. Nevertheless, I might be mistaken, but I think you are talking about "Appointment Succession" instead of Viceroyalty. Upon death, a vicereine would revert its higher titles (duchy or kingdom level) to the crown, but any county level title is passed ahead normaly to the previous onwer heirs, while Appointment is how the Vale's Bloody Gate county tier title work, for instance, in which there is no direct inheritance of the lower level titles upon the death of the current holder and all titles there revert to the crown at once and the family of the previous holder moves to the capital. Again, I might be wrong.

But if game mechanics allow it to be created by decision, I would certainly love to have the "Designate Heir Title" to create one of those Appointment Only Succession cases. But how would that be reversible when another dynasty takes the Kingdom? After all, supose previous house sets a landlocked county in the middle of nowhere as his official Designated Heir Title and I, as a Celtigar take over the throne and want to make Claw Isle mine?

Not entirely sure if bug or not, but it seems that when your character has a child born (even if it's by your wife rather than say a lover or some other) you don't get a choice to give them a different name then and there, but instead have to purposely choose the rename child option in their interaction thing.

May I request that Bear Island receive its own Duchy title? I love being able to de jure drift Fair Isle as the Greyjoys now, and I'd love to have the incentive to pick a fight with the Starks too.

I would like to ask about a bug:

So as Aegon I tried for the Harrenhal event like 5 times now. I did it with my sisters and without, I used the dragons straight away, I waited patiently hoping something pops up... nothing. I was wondering whether the event is in the bookmark and if so why I can't get it to fire up. Also if there is... does naming a new family to their land's happen sometime after the conquest or should that be available right away or do I have to do that manually?

Same question regarding the field of fire? Is the event in the start date (I saw a marker for it every time I use the decision "use dragon in battle" in the Reach (using the command char_info) yet it never does give me the field of fire. Is there a place I need to be or some sort of requirements for it? Also do I still need to war the Westerlands or should they submit like they did historically after the field of fire?

Same question with Argillac the arrogant? Is there a specific event I should get to fire or do I have to hope to roast or kill him somehow so the event that allows me to name Orys to Storm's end (which I got) fires? Because if there is supposed to be an event... well there isn't in my game in several tries.

Just curious because I have been told here and on reddit that at least some of the events do exist so I'm interested to know why they won't fire for me.

I consider the Argilac event a downgrade tbh. The Baratheons lose their unique Coat of Arms, and then they also lose their western valyrian culture. I prefer to keep the Durrandons as a vassal and make the dragon Baratheons lords of Cracklaw Point.

I consider the Argilac event a downgrade tbh. The Baratheons lose their unique Coat of Arms, and then they also lose their western valyrian culture. I prefer to keep the Durrandons as a vassal and make the dragon Baratheons lords of Cracklaw Point.

Yep, folks made Orys Baratheon's coa look just too gorgeus for a temporary one.
I always feel somewhat disapointed when he eventually change it for the historical one.

In compensation they get one of the best bloodlines in the game. I think it's the only one with very strong seed.

In compensation they get one of the best bloodlines in the game. I think it's the only one with very strong seed.
Does it give practical benefits? Targaryens and Blackfyres are better at taming and hatching dragons. And if ethnic purity of your dynasty is the goal, both parents being high valyrian should ensure that.

Does it give practical benefits? Targaryens and Blackfyres are better at taming and hatching dragons. And if ethnic purity of your dynasty is the goal, both parents being high valyrian should ensure that.

I mean, you can inter-marry with the Baratheons and have both bloodlines.

I have been playing a lot with shattered world and I keep having issues with portraits disappearing then the heirs portrait on character view are moving from their spot up into the characters image.

I think someone else already reported this bug, but just to be sure: starting in the century of blood Harrenhal's towers allready exist.

Hello. I dont know if this is the right place to ask but I have a question about Targaryen swords. Is there an event or something so that Jon can receive Blackfyre after restoring Targaryen dynasty in Feast for Crows bookmark?

Hello. I dont know if this is the right place to ask but I have a question about Targaryen swords. Is there an event or something so that Jon can receive Blackfyre after restoring Targaryen dynasty in Feast for Crows bookmark?
Why would he receive Blackfyre? No one has seen the sword in like ??70?? years or whatever.
Dark Sister maybe got taken by Bloodraven when he went to the wall but thats a maybe, So litterally both Targ swords have been gone since before Ned even was born

As a Targaryen dynasty Jon, you could go on the Valyrian Steel quest and would have a chance of the sword you get being Blackfyre. There is no special event for him to receive it normally, this only exists for fAegon because the Golden Company have the sword and he is with the Golden Company.

I've found a rather convenient and easy way to get a lot of money, dunno if it's already been discussed before: the military commands. Especially with Yi-Ti, giving out the ownership of the various forts to old rich courtiers makes it a 10/20 years investment that has 100% chances to pay off :D
Now I know AGOT is mainly a single player game, so who cares if and how you cheat or abuse game mechanics to reach your goals, but maybe the team could look into that ? Because even if the guy has children, all the money will go to its liege. Surely the family would be annoyed by that ?

EDIT : I did some research on the forums and I didn't realise the MC government had existed for so long, seemed pretty new to me. So the team has probably already thought about this issue numerous times!

Last edited:
I've found a rather convenient and easy way to get a lot of money, dunno if it's already been discussed before: the military commands. Especially with Yi-Ti, giving out the ownership of the various forts to old rich courtiers makes it a 10/20 years investment that has 100% chances to pay off :D
Now I know AGOT is mainly a single player game, so who cares if and how you cheat or abuse game mechanics to reach your goals, but maybe the team could look into that ? Because even if the guy has children, all the money will go to its liege. Surely the family would be annoyed by that ?

EDIT : I did some research on the forums and I didn't realise the MC government had existed for so long, seemed pretty new to me. So the team has probably already thought about this issue numerous times!

I hadnt considered that actually, I will look into it!