• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(19332)

Corporal
Sep 6, 2003
Hey guys,

I got tyhe game yesterday. Installed it, patched it and started playing (ooh joy :D ).

However, I get a consistent CTD on November 3rd, 1079. Last line of history.txt reproduced below:

1079-10-02 : November 3, 1079 : Margrethe Countess of of Jylland accepted peace with Christian King of Denmark on the following terms : Christian King of Denmark was given the following titles: Countess of of Jylland. Christian King of Denmark paid 3 $ in indemnities.

Now, the timestamp and the verbatim data are out of sync, which leads me to believe the patching went awry somehow (actually, all files of version 1.01.00 were 'read-only', which might have effed up the patching).

However, trying to re-install the patch I get a message 'version 1.01.01 is already installed. Exiting installation'. Is there some registry key I need to delete or something to re-install the patch?

I will post some manual Uninstall procedures shortly.
Look for a new thread on the subject soon.

I dont have the game but usually with all games when you have this problem just erase any signs of versions in the registry

go to start, run, type regedit

If crusader kings is anything like victoria and hearts of iron its on the PARADOX folder... delete the version number or if you erased the game delete the entire tree (not paradox, the game)

Let's wait till I have the details up please, not every one is confident editing registry entries, best to have more details.
I am posting it now, It was my Birthday yesterday so sorry for the delay.