Alright, so here's what I do:
1. Install Rome:Gold Edition (Steam)
2. Apply the beta patch
3. Run the game once
4. Copy and paste the ROTA files into the main map
5. Delete all of the map/cache folder except for the province_textures map
6. Delete the contents of the province_textures map
7. Paste the ROTA files into the mod folder
8. Run the game
With this method I keep getting a 'creating world' CTD and I can't for the life of me find out what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried not doing step 7 and launching the game, it doesn't work either.
Can anyone help me out here and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here are the instructions that I followed last time I played this mod.
Doesnt matter if it from GOG or Steam.
GOG is better, and safer for your privacy (STEAM-wize)...
1.Install EU:Rome 1
2.Install 2.36C Patch
3.Delete Map Cache
4.Start game , do nothing and quit the game!...IMPORTANT::....
5.Start game again (check version, with multiplayer if it says 2.36C you nailed it)
6.Delete map cache!...
7.Install ROA (overwrite)
8.Delete map cache (vanilla)
9.Start game via launcher (if you start i via the ordinary .exe you
will have to restart 6+7+8.
I think 90% do that misstake ...
Alrighty then, so this is what I have done to get it working (Steam version, Gold edition):
1. Install the game
2. Install the 2.36c beta patch
3. Delete all in the EU Rome\map\cache folder EXCEPT province_textures
4. Start the game and quit (the version should be 2.36C)
5. Delete cache again
6. Start with the mod this time (through the launcher). It CRASHED
7. Start again as in step 6, and this time it should work (though there are some minor texture glitches on terrain map)