• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
This thread is for bugs and crashes in Reign of the Ancients.

If you encounter a non-crash bug, post the following information in this thread:
1) A description of the bug.
2) Whether you are playing single or multiplayer.
3) What country you (and if mp, any other human players) are playing.

If you encounter a crash, send an email to m.anward (at) live (dot) se title "ROA Crash Bug" and containing:
1) All the regular bug information (description of the crash, country you were playing, multiplayer or not, etc)
2) The game log, found in the /logs folder of your Europa Universalis: Rome installation. Note that you must immediately save this file to another folder upon crashing, as starting up Rome again will overwrite all your log files.
3) The save game you were playing.
Make sure to zip or rar the savegame and log

Last edited:
Haven't recieved anything, if you didn't zip it my mail might have rejected it due to size.

I got a save game from someone playing the Achaean League and experiencing a crash. I tracked the crash down to an issue where multiple barbarian stacks are sieging the same (low population) province. When they win the siege, the first stack takes it over, then the second stack empties the province out, and the game crashes.

Unfortunately since this an engine problem I can't solve the crash, but I can make it far more unlikely to happen by preventing barbarians from spawning in a province under siege.

The Macedonian save has the same issue. I'm curious as to why these barbarian problems are suddenly cropping up - I haven't done anything to increase barbarian spawns.

Has anyone else noticed more barbarians appearing with 1.15?

Hi. The army of the Allobroges is them no war in the area of the Ambarri although with each other have. Could something be postadjusted there?

bugo.jpg

Looks like a positioning error... I'll fix it for 1.16

I am trying to run this mod on my Windows 7 operating system. I have no problem running the Rome Gold regular game. When I try to launch the mod from the Rome.exe launcher, during the initial gamne loading screens, at the point where it says "Creating the World" it crashes and displays a messagebox on the screen saying:

Failed to create graphics device.
Exiting.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Additional Information
When I originally installed the Rome Gold game, during the installation process it attempted to install the .Net framework 2.0. It failed to do this, I think it said that it is incomptible with Windows 7 or something. But the game ran fine. I am not sure whether or not this has anything to do with why the mod isn't working but I figured I would give as much info as possible.

I'm afraid I have no idea what might cause that problem Antiochus. I'd try a reinstall.

As you have Windows 7 remember to not install in the Program folder, the OS is from what I have read rather picky of what can be done there which occassionaly can cause problems with some games. Rather install as C:\Games\etc. or similar.

Yeah, you definitely won't be able to play RoA without 2.32

OH ok, well in that case maybe that is what the problem is. So I will try that first before re-installing the whole game.

Maybe you should mention that the 2.32 patch is required in the first post introducing the mod. It is not obvious to newbies such as myself that the latest patch would be needed, or that a patch update even exists.

No dice, you'll have all sorts of defines problems with 2.2. Direct2Drive are kind of crap in general when it comes to patches, best to get the game on GamersGate.