• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So far I played once until 1941 and I am totally impressed how bug free and extensive this mode is, this must have been so much work. Thank you for doing that for our dwindling community. For the people having problems with oil, please consider to change your trading habits learned from other mods. Don't be afraid to trade also supplies (and not just energy) for oil and rare materials and then turn auto trade on and even offer some money later on if you really have to. I had one problem, the second renegotiation of the wehrmacht size didn't really do anything multiple times even though I had 200 relation with the UK and I gave up negotiating. Does it take a really long time for a response? This time I was not able to para-jump to hull for a quick beach head, even with 3 paratroopers, thank you for fixing this cheap loophole. The battle for Britain is so intense and the AI is so good. The British made already multiple successful landing attempts, conquering islands back and even are about to reconquer Norway. Do they have a special landing bonus? Somehow my garrison with artillery brigade can't even hold back 3 armies. I will have to change my strategy and production for my second attempt, I didn't anticipate these challenges from the UK. But that is awesome as far as I am concerned. The heavy sub showed a funny picture. The motorized artillery has a negative -1 (for hard attack I think) is this intentional?

• 5Like
Reactions:
@ohiobavaria thanks for feedback.

@Negotiations: there where some errors indeed, grab quick fix (paste in Mods\Reichs Expansion Pack\db\events\Reichs Expansion Pack\NS Germany)
@Norway etc.: I recall I did change some values in misc.txt, that may affect battles. Anyway, I use INF+AA+ART for beach defending, along with some NAVs, FTRs and the best ships I have to chase away landing fleet. Plus some fast reserves (CAV, MOT) of course. UK was able to break my defence in Norway once in 1941, but I was able to destroy invasion forces with reserve and divisions from neighbour beaches.
@HSUB: does it display wrongly or...?
@MOTArt: this brigade adds positive values for all types of attack (soft/hard/air), it would be best if you show on the screen what's going on.

Attachments

• Army.txt
    82,7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
The "Sue for Peace with the Germans" event does not work (2007032).
Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Baku and Sverdlovsk are captured. There are no losses of territory. It has already been two times for 10 days.Why doesn't the event work?
Fritz Todt does not appear in the ministers for relevant decisions and events.There is no icon for heavy submarines.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The mod is very light. In 1939, he annexed Poland, seized France and Great Britain. In 1940, I attacked the USSR, putting it in front of this ground_def_eff in 1.0 otherwise I would have rolled it up before the winter. In the yard 12.11.1940. Baku, Leningrad, Moscow, Sverdlovsk and Stalingrad are captured, but the "Sue for Peace with the Germans" event are still missing : (You will have to manually call them.
The United States is building factories for some reason, although they seem to have no rare materials to support them soon.
Experience generals gain very very slowly. There are no problems with oil at all: first I traded part of it from Argentina, Venezuela and Iran, and then after the embargo from the USSR. It is unprofitable to build factories with such a price - I did not build any.

At the normal difficulty level, it is easy to play.

Attachments

• save games.rar
    729,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Revanchist thx for feedback.
@Bitter peace: Each 10 days it has 35% chance to trigger, so you can wait forever if you're out of luck. It triggered for me just after loading your save.
@Todt: All right, I forgot about one stupid bug - if you sleep minister with given name by event, it sleeps all other ministers with the same name... I'll come with solution for that.
@HSUB: I'll take a look at that, though in game files it seems that icon for HSUB is properly assigned. Maybe there is a problem with its resolution or extension.
@US factories: I didn't notice their problems with resources in my games, nor in your save.
@Leaders exp: I didn't change it, REP uses values from DH Full here. I've raised only influence of experience on combat (from .2 to .5).
@Oil etc: I want to lower stockpile limits for all resources in the next version, as it's too easy to hoard enough of them to survive Barbarossa. Countries in Latin America would probably give more oil as concessions for USA/UK/Netherlands than now (or maybe they just need update of their trade deals after researching mining techs).

Mexico is special case here, as from ~1938 it has full control over their oil fields, so Germany can easily build pretty big reserve by trading with Mexico. Lower stockpile limits should solve this issue.

@Overall difficulty: and that's one of the most important feedback for me, though remember, that I didn't touch balance for GER-SOV war. So for now you can play on higher difficulty only. Anyway, this is an important clue for me in which direction I should change the balance.

I noticed you conquered UK, but you have rather small navy. Did you use paratroopers to get port for panzers or...?

That's right, I have 9 paratroopers without brigades. Landed in Hull. Where the British fleet was is unclear. I quietly ferried 60 MOT to Hull after capturing it by Airborne.
You are right about rare materials from the USA.
Make it so that the USSR from the beginning of the game built the Army and Air Force, and not the factories.
Japan still does not want to join the union, even after the defeat of the USSR.

Last edited:
I think we need to increase the values in misc.txt by 5 times:
# _MISSION_GROUND_ATTACK_
0 # 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
0.5 # Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
0.1 # Air vs. Land - Org dmg - Increasing this will increase ORG dmg land units takes from Air unit on this mission
0.8 # Air vs. Land - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR dmg land units takes from Air unit on this mission
Otherwise, because of the very low efficiency of bomber aircraft, it is unprofitable to build and study it.

@Revanchist
Huh, it seems that PAR should be a bit weaker to avoid situations like that... I'd like to see in-game Sea Lion as similar to historical D-Day: invasion of combined forces, not just grabbing empty or lightly defended naval base and sending dozen divisions there. Airborne troops should have supportive role, not being the main thrust of invasion.

I'd see how to balance GER-SOV war after adding my ideas regarding logistics, as I hope they'll seriously alter difficulty in Barbarossa.

I prefer Japan as leader of its own alliance. In the future it may be nice ground for The Man in the High Castle-like scenario.

I'd think about rising air efficiency, but not like 5 times. I don't want another overpowered unit like NAVs.

@rwglaub
Never, you have to annex it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
By the way, for some reason there are no penalties for crossing the river, in the mountains, swamps and all the rest. There are no penalties at all. And you are too clever with the map in the area of Mozyr, Lublin, Pinsk. Why redo the accessibility of the provinces?
By mid-1942, it had captured the United States and former Canada. Further play is not interesting.

That's weird, but I'll check later how it looks in the game. The file looks fine:
2TU6YAg.jpg

I've changed province connections in multiple places, because of lack of any roads or railroads there.

You can always rise difficulty level. I usually don't rush UK in 1940 and US in 1942, I rather wait and build up navy. Just my house rule to make game harder. There are not many events after 1941, as I keep with gradual adding new content.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@ohiobavaria thanks for feedback.

@Negotiations: there where some errors indeed, grab quick fix (paste in Mods\Reichs Expansion Pack\db\events\Reichs Expansion Pack\NS Germany)
@Norway etc.: I recall I did change some values in misc.txt, that may affect battles. Anyway, I use INF+AA+ART for beach defending, along with some NAVs, FTRs and the best ships I have to chase away landing fleet. Plus some fast reserves (CAV, MOT) of course. UK was able to break my defence in Norway once in 1941, but I was able to destroy invasion forces with reserve and divisions from neighbour beaches.
@HSUB: does it display wrongly or...?
@MOTArt: this brigade adds positive values for all types of attack (soft/hard/air), it would be best if you show on the screen what's going on.
mot-art.jpg

The soft attack is -1. Also the picture looks funny. I checked the model folder and the heavy sub is clearly in there looking nice.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I my opinion, the YCW is going too quickly. For example, Serbia forms from the rest of Yugoslavia in 4-7 days after the start of Civil War. Some events are not happening or they appear after the war (like intervention of Italy, Hungary and Bulgaria), some should be rework. For example, event about Condor Legion with control of Croatian Army is not working as should be (the Croats don't have any airfields + you cannot control Croatian Army because Germany can not command forces of their allies, but not puppet).
And, I think, it is possible made Slovenia the puppet state like Slovakia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I noticed a couple things which may be bugs.
First, you can keep firing the option to build schutztruppen in Niger.
Second, you get the events for building Schutztruppen even if you back out of the pre-war deal with the UK for colonies at the last moment.
Third, Mittelafrika doesn't get Botswana and north/south Rhodesia when created.

Edit to add a few additional things
If you choose total conquest when France asks for an armistice you don't seem to ever get an option to integrate the Burgundy gaus.
The flags on the counters for the Air Assault Division do not display correctly.
The model image doesn't display for the Artillery Division. Same error as @ohiobavaria posted above for the motorized artillery brigade (I have that problem too).
I was a big meanie and attacked and annexed Hungary and I never got an option to give the Hungarian annexed southern slovakia/Carpathian ukraine region to either the reichskomissart Carpathia or to a newly created puppet Hungary.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Noticed a couple of additionaltech issues

Industry_tech
Radar Aids Armament Systems 1958 (tech #97020) and the earlier Radar Aids Armament Systems tech are unlocked simultaneously

change the requirement of tech 97020 to
required = { 5476 }

secret_weapons_tech
Remotely controlled tanks #7630 requires the non German tank techs light tank 39 #2050 and medium tank 39 #2070 there should be an OR_required for those or the German techs
pz38 #99003 and PZ #99004

• 1Like
Reactions: