• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NukePL91

Germanicus
10 Badges
Mar 23, 2011
Download and installation
Reichs Expansion Pack 1.02
Instalation: Remove old version of REP and unpack Reichs Expansion Pack to Darkest Hour/Mods/
Reichs Expansion Pack 1.02.1 FIX
Instalation: copy folder db to Darkest Hour/Mods/Reichs Expansion Pack

vhDxHCR.png

Hello and welcome to Reichs Expansion Pack, a modification aiming to provide even more fun with Germany (and only Germany). The history of REP dates back to 2012, when on the now inoperative Polish forum about Paradox games (eufigames.com) I started working on a modification in Polish to add as much flavor for Germany as possible. Over time, I stopped working on the mod, tried to go back to it several times, and finally last year I've taken it seriously and created a new version of REP - this time in English, with the implementation of many new ideas compared to the original version. So, what is this mod? REP provides:
- hundreds of new events covering domestic and foreign policy of Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1941 (with some content for next years);
- multiple alternative paths of the most important events leading to Second World War (early Anschluss of Austria or recovery of African colonies anyone?);
- some ahistorical paths like Yugoslav Civil War or Anschluss of Switzerland;
- completely new list of German ministers (with unique personalities) and tech teams;
- new panzer and naval tech tree matched to German tanks and ships - of course with new models list for all German units;
- new units exclusive for Germany: light infantry, volksgrenadiers, fortress divisions, heavy tank destroyers, assault guns, night fighters, panzer HQ and more;
- implementation of German mobilization system (look below);
- new occupation and puppets system (look below);
- new countries: Territory of the Saar Basin, Demilitarized Zone, Sudetenland, Protectorate of Bohemia & Moravia and more;
- multiple battlescenarios: from old HoI2 vanilla Fall Weiss to Unternehmen Seelöwe and Operation Torch.

HNFheCZ.png

CfOhJKk.png

go6xN8a.png

eWZujwG.png

iQxjmAf.png

Oy7Q0wA.png

ZmLI6Oq.png

fWhya22.png

7xhZAQx.png

9mOPB1k.png

3Wj5WgQ.png

4AEVlsz.png

uL8iZUx.png

wD0uv3g.png

V42F1ar.png

n8wCsrD.png

So1phku.png

PktvWPI.png

qKmrdho.png

iZ5SmDP.png

TU5dacL.png

R8LkRj5.png

6AvnkGB.png

TUD3r73.png

wlMjig9.png

VTPfZil.png

xu94rTT.png

Some more info:
- the only country meant to be played is Germany - not Hungary, not Brasil, not Mongolia - Germany;
- mod is still unfinished and after 1941 you shouldn't expect much flavor - of course you can still continue your campaign, as crucial events regarding mobilisation are already done and other vanilla events are still intact;
- mod has been prepared in normal difficulty level and normal AI aggressiveness, so it's advisable to play with such settings;
- of course there are still some flaws and bugs which escaped my attention :)

German mobilization system
Germany had special mobilization system, according to which divisions were mobilized in so called 'waves'. Each wave mobilized mostly infantry division of similar organization, equipment and veterancy level. In REP, after creation of Wehrmacht, Germany can mobilize bunch of divisions and get manpower through special mobilization decisions. Of course Germany has to spend certain amount of supplies and fulfill other conditions (e.g. first wave is available right after creation of Wehrmacht, but second after remilitarization of Rheinland, third after Anschluss and so on), moreover, maintaining a reserve army from which divisions will be drawn also costs IC! Details about mobilization schedule are given in-game.

New occupation and puppet system (still WIP)
One of the novelties introduced at Darkest Hour were the Reich Commissariats, originally forms of civil administration over the occupied territories. In practice, they didn't differ much from ordinary satellite countries, except that they didn't have cores in their provinces. In REP, I introduced a new occupation system that allows three ways to manage conquered areas:
- Full occupation - Germany would have total control over occupied territory, but also need to deal with revolt risk and TC loss. On the other hand, Germany would directly obtain IC, resources and MP, though only a certain percentage depends on modifiers like these given by Prince of Terror as minister of security. Most importantly - Germany would get cores on occupied provinces after certain amount of time.
- Reich Commissariat/Protectorate/GG - Germany would create Reichskommissariat-like puppet without cores on occupied territory. Germany wouldn't suffer from TC loss, but still has to deal with revolt risk in occupied provinces. Moreover, Germany wouldn't get any IC or MP (except for special volunteer events), but still can get resources through trade deals. This type of puppet wouldn't produce ANY units, nor discover any techs, but Germany would be able to annex it after certain amount of time.
- Regular puppet state - Germany would create ordinary vanilla puppet. No TC loss, but also no IC or MP. Germany could get resources through trade deals and control puppet's divisions. If puppet is created over conquered territory (e.g. Polish State after German invasion on Poland), it would get some dissent. Puppet state has to be changed into Reichskommissariat-like puppet if player wants to annex it in the future.

Special thanks and credits: for Eufigames community for any input and help (especially Zoor for wonderful Reichskommissariats' flags) and Kazoo, author of Kazoo's SKIF style icons included in REP.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
@NukePL91
I'm heading up a mod team and I've put off the next version's release way too long. But would you mind if I integrated some of these assets into version 3.00?

@NukePL91
I'm heading up a mod team and I've put off the next version's release way too long. But would you mind if I integrated some of these assets into version 3.00?
Which mod are you referring to?
I keep getting this error:

ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) '= = flag_ext' Line = 12 file = Mods\Reichs Expansion Pack\scenarios\1933\rheinland.inc
That's very strange. I've just re-downloaded all files and everything runs smoothly. Did you change that file in any way?

Did anyone else try it? I've seen that mod was downloaded more than 40 times. Any thougths? Have you encountered mistake mentioned above?

##############################
# Country definition for #
##############################

#####################
# Country main data #
#####################

country = {
tag =
flag_ext = _weimar
ai = "ger_1933.ai"
capital = 131 # Cologne
manpower = 0
peacetime_ic_mod = 0.75
# Resource Reserves
energy = 0
metal = 0
rare_materials = 0
oil = 0
supplies = 0
money = 0

diplomacy = {
relation = { tag = GER value = 150 }
}
SpyInfo = { country = "" NumberOfSpies = 7 }

nationalprovinces = { 126 128 129 130 131 132 136 138 139 142 143 145 }
ownedprovinces = { 126 128 129 130 131 132 136 138 139 142 143 145 }
controlledprovinces = { 126 128 129 130 131 132 136 138 139 142 143 145 }

policy = {
date = { year = 1934 month = january day = 0 }
democratic = 4
political_left = 4
freedom = 6
free_market = 7
professional_army = 2
defense_lobby = 5
interventionism = 5
}
}

In both my DH copy and uploaded mod, the first lines of this file look like this:
Code:
country = {
tag = UA0 
puppet = GER

ai = "ger_1933.ai"
flag_ext = _weimar
Add UA0 after tag = and line with puppet = GER to your file and it should be ok.

Hi :)
I played this mod and loved it ..the game I played was very immersive ..
There are so many flavor events (in particular Hitler's rise to the position of Chancellor of the Reich) ...
But,I'm in the middle of 1937 and Rhineland remilitarization's event/decision still not trigger.. This creates a obvious problem for the continual of campaign..
Anyway, THANKS!

But,I'm in the middle of 1937 and Rhineland remilitarization's event/decision still not trigger.. This creates a obvious problem for the continual of campaign..
Anyway, THANKS!
Could you provide more details? Did decision for remilitarization even appear? If you want to remilitarize Rheinland historically you should support Italy when they start war with Ethiopia and then you should get event Italo-German rapprochement. Alternatively you can negotiate it with UK.
Please don't use the space bar for anything. It's a pain to rename units.
Space as pause is very convenient for me. If you want to change it you should open config/Buttons.txt and remove line shortcut = space from that part:
Code:
press = {
    id = "BUTTON_PAUSE"
    bitmap = "empty.bmp"
    shortcut = space
    background = "pause_button.bmp"
    lower = "BUTTON_0050"
    upper = ""
    }

Ah yes! In fact i supported ethiopia in Italian-Abyssian war.. Now all makes sense..
In my campaign(in wich i have supported Ethiopia) the only possible decision was the "negotation for Rhineland" that is very diffcult to obtain(you have to stay in very positive relation with U.K)
Ps:I have thought about some german Ministers traits, in particular:
1)Hjamar Schact
2)Richard Walter Darrè
3)Von Krosig(finance minister)
4)Friz Thyssen
5)Alfred Hugenberg
6)Paul von Hindeburg
7)Franz Gurtner
Let me know if i can help you!!!

Ah yes! In fact i supported ethiopia in Italian-Abyssian war.. Now all makes sense..
In my campaign(in wich i have supported Ethiopia) the only possible decision was the "negotation for Rhineland" that is very diffcult to obtain(you have to stay in very positive relation with U.K)
Well, the only option now is to negotiate it with UK. The same goes with Anschluss and Munich Agreement - you need good relations with UK or Italy
have thought about some german Ministers traits, in particular:
1)Hjamar Schact
2)Richard Walter Darrè
3)Von Krosig(finance minister)
4)Friz Thyssen
5)Alfred Hugenberg
6)Paul von Hindeburg
7)Franz Gurtner
Let me know if i can help you!!!
Care to elaborate?

Ok.. this are my initial thought about description and traits of minister:
1)Hjalmar Schacht: The genius Hitler's banker.
"Hjalmar Horace Greeley Schacht was a German economist,twice President of Reichsbank and economics minister under cabinet of Hitler's government from 1934 to 1937.A supporter since the late 1920s of the Nsdap (the Nazi party), the well-known and talented economist was appointed minister of the Reich economy in August 1934.
In this position he became famous for the German economic miracle, and the rapid rearmament of the Third Reich, thanks above all to the emission of the Mefo, bonds registered to a fictitious German company (Metallurgische Forschungsgesellschaft)."
IC + 8,5%
Money + 12%
consumer goods need +5%
2)Richard Walter Darrè: Blut and Boden.
"Richard Walter Darré was a politician, SS-ObergruppenFuehrer and minister.
He met Himmler in the 1920s and was deeply fascinated by his theories.
After publishing two books on agricultural matters in which he exhibited a virulent anti-communism, anti-Semitism and racism he joined the Nazi Party and became the referent on the Party's agricultural policies. He became minister for agriculture of the Reich in June 1933 and for the next 9 years he held the dicastery. He was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of Jews, Poles and other minorities due to his food distribution policies, and the starving an unknown number of people."
Manpower growth in national provinces + 5%
Dissent growth in occupied provinces + 15%
Energy production + 3%
Supplies production + 7,5%
3) Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosig:Finance minister
"Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosig was a politician during the confused era of Nazism.He joined the government of the Reich in 1932,during Von Papen cabinet and he remained minister of finance till the surrender of Germany. A neutral conservator, he never formally joined the Nsdap. He was also the last German Chancellor of Nazi period after the suicide of Goebbels"
Money + 15%
Energy production + 2,5%
Rare material production + 2,5%
4)Fritz Thyssen: The rebellious magnate
"Fritz Thyssen was a German businessman and owner of the family's company from 1926. He founded the same years the Vereinigte Sthalwerke, the most biggest manager of iron in Germany. A german nationalist, he initially supported Hitler but with the begin of WW2 he managed to escape from Germany and his company was nationalizated. The company was gave back to his family several years after the end of the war"
Money production + 3%
Steel production + 10%
Rare materials production + 7,5 %
Oil production + 4%
---------
For now i'll stop here; I'll write the other 4 minister later(Hugenberg,Hindenburg,Gurtner and Funk)..
Let me know if you like what i have wrote..
I apologize for evenutally grammatical errors.

Ok.. this are my initial thought about description and traits of minister:
1)Hjalmar Schacht: The genius Hitler's banker.
"Hjalmar Horace Greeley Schacht was a German economist,twice President of Reichsbank and economics minister under cabinet of Hitler's government from 1934 to 1937.A supporter since the late 1920s of the Nsdap (the Nazi party), the well-known and talented economist was appointed minister of the Reich economy in August 1934.
In this position he became famous for the German economic miracle, and the rapid rearmament of the Third Reich, thanks above all to the emission of the Mefo, bonds registered to a fictitious German company (Metallurgische Forschungsgesellschaft)."
IC + 8,5%
Money + 12%
consumer goods need +5%
2)Richard Walter Darrè: Blut and Boden.
"Richard Walter Darré was a politician, SS-ObergruppenFuehrer and minister.
He met Himmler in the 1920s and was deeply fascinated by his theories.
After publishing two books on agricultural matters in which he exhibited a virulent anti-communism, anti-Semitism and racism he joined the Nazi Party and became the referent on the Party's agricultural policies. He became minister for agriculture of the Reich in June 1933 and for the next 9 years he held the dicastery. He was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of Jews, Poles and other minorities due to his food distribution policies, and the starving an unknown number of people."
Manpower growth in national provinces + 5%
Dissent growth in occupied provinces + 15%
Energy production + 3%
Supplies production + 7,5%
3) Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosig:Finance minister
"Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosig was a politician during the confused era of Nazism.He joined the government of the Reich in 1932,during Von Papen cabinet and he remained minister of finance till the surrender of Germany. A neutral conservator, he never formally joined the Nsdap. He was also the last German Chancellor of Nazi period after the suicide of Goebbels"
Money + 15%
Energy production + 2,5%
Rare material production + 2,5%
4)Fritz Thyssen: The rebellious magnate
"Fritz Thyssen was a German businessman and owner of the family's company from 1926. He founded the same years the Vereinigte Sthalwerke, the most biggest manager of iron in Germany. A german nationalist, he initially supported Hitler but with the begin of WW2 he managed to escape from Germany and his company was nationalizated. The company was gave back to his family several years after the end of the war"
Money production + 3%
Steel production + 10%
Rare materials production + 7,5 %
Oil production + 4%
---------
For now i'll stop here; I'll write the other 4 minister later(Hugenberg,Hindenburg,Gurtner and Funk)..
Let me know if you like what i have wrote..
I apologize for evenutally grammatical errors.
I'll take a look at that, thanks.

Thank you for sharing your mod.

Did a quick play through until 1937 to get a feel for your mod and really like the flavor events that immerses you in the early years of Germany. I did not find any bugs that effected my game play.

The separate naval tech tree does make stealing of blueprints less effective as my spies kept finding blueprints for naval units that were not on the German naval tech tree, but that is a minor inconvenience.

Going back to do a new play through to put more thought into Germany's diplomatic efforts. I like how you have implemented decisions / events that makes the diplomatic side much more interesting.

Again, thanks for sharing your work.

The separate naval tech tree does make stealing of blueprints less effective as my spies kept finding blueprints for naval units that were not on the German naval tech tree, but that is a minor inconvenience.
Yep, that's a disadvantage, though you can buy blueprint for Graf Zeppelin from Japan or UK. I would think about adding a small chance for getting blueprints for other ships resulting from GER-JAP coop.

In next versions of mod I'm planning to add blueprints for panzers resulting from experience gain in wars with France and Soviet Union.

Many thanks for your feedback.