• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here we go again.
AVkfYje.png

I've got question regarding SCW. Have you, playing as Germany, ever let Republicans win? I have some ideas about additional problems for Germany if Franco lost, however I feel they're pointless as I always make SPA win over SPR.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I got to 1940, so far so good. All events with Brittany and Burgundy work well so far. I wish Burgundy would produce not so many militias or if they simulate occupation forces, maybe give them the police brigade to be more useful? Provinces between Egypt and Sudan are not connected which is kinda nice since I can neglect this front totally, on the other side supporting ethiopa is difficult. There are lot of events, very flavorful so far and they make that the best german diplomacy game of any mod imo.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I noticed problems with Burgundy's AI and I'm going to work on it. It isn't meant to build militia at all (only MOT, MEC and ARM).

Best map system regarding deserts, mountains etc. is in HoI3 - you simply can't enter province with 0 infra. I tried to simulate that by cutting connection between some provinces and more of that would come in following versions.

How your problem with diplomatic annexation of Rhineland worked out?
You can convert some of decision-divisions like LSSAH. It is available from 1942 iirc.

This is a noob question, but how to run the mod, once installed?
I am using the Arsenal Mod - A Hearts of Iron 2 Mod Manager - and have installed the game as instructed, It all seems fine, except for one thing, no exe file for Reich?

Hi, I also notice problem with negotiation about rhineland. It looks like UK didn't have event about response. Maybe event chain is broken? I have no problem about negotiate luftwaffe and Wehrmacht. I see that is possible to restore colonies and I Wonder it it's possible to Alliance with UK? Or with Poland?
I really enjoy playing this mod and I wait for future upgrade.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, I also notice problem with negotiation about rhineland. It looks like UK didn't have event about response. Maybe event chain is broken? I have no problem about negotiate luftwaffe and Wehrmacht. I see that is possible to restore colonies and I Wonder it it's possible to Alliance with UK? Or with Poland?
I really enjoy playing this mod and I wait for future upgrade.
I've taken a quick look at event file with Rhineland, but I haven't seen any problems there. I would check it in game. Could you send me your save game from the beginning of 1936 if possible?

Your friendly relation with UK ends with end of Czechoslovakia event. There are two major advantages of keeping cordial relation with UK: restoring German colonies in Africa and earlier end of Czechoslovakia even in 1938 (if you play Sudeten crisis right through diplo path), and well, that's all. In the long term German and British ambitions were too different to form an alliance.

German-Polish Pact path is still WIP. You can go with it to divide Poland with Soviets without war with UK and through that you can unlock Northern Schleswig crisis and Anschluss of Switzerland.

hio...i to having issue with rhineland not firing, I done 3 tries trying to get it to fire...all with relationship at plus 200....first in jan 1936...ran game to jan2 1937...then again taking the first event to talk to the brits about rhineland in march 1936(thinking maybe mod dont like early rhineland)....ran to august 1936...still not firing....then tried 3 time as just a test...started in 1936 to 1938....never fired. NEXT I EDIT save game and loaded as ENG in jan 1936..to see if there some even the AI not taking...but before i can even look rhineland was part of the reich...and no event was listed as to why> NONE. NIL. NA. JUST HAPPEN.. NOTHING in history log...nothing in game as either ENG or germany. SO...i can either use the ENG save and revert back to the reich or i can manually fire the event. I looked at the event chain itself and

hio...i to having issue with rhineland not firing, I done 3 tries trying to get it to fire...all with relationship at plus 200....first in jan 1936...ran game to jan2 1937...then again taking the first event to talk to the brits about rhineland in march 1936(thinking maybe mod dont like early rhineland)....ran to august 1936...still not firing....then tried 3 time as just a test...started in 1936 to 1938....never fired. NEXT I EDIT save game and loaded as ENG in jan 1936..to see if there some even the AI not taking...but before i can even look rhineland was part of the reich...and no event was listed as to why> NONE. NIL. NA. JUST HAPPEN.. NOTHING in history log...nothing in game as either ENG or germany. SO...i can either use the ENG save and revert back to the reich or i can manually fire the event. I looked at the event chain itself and

hio....2 things....in game play all 3 times when i fired the first event to talk about rhineland with ENG...eng tries to stop me building a factory right a way...not sure if this has anything to do with anything....looking at the EVENT chain you have relations set at 175 as top range ...is it possible that my relations are too high...that the 175 you set is a barrier to the event chain working?

Here is my save game from 22.01.1936. I also not see any messega about UK reaction in message log.
And it will be possible to after Fall Gelb make peace with UK or alliance with France? Or will there be more options for a ceasefire with France? Not only Vichy or all.

Attachments

• save games.7z
    646,6 KB · Views: 0
@ohiobavaria @Lampka @deadmanhope there was a small bug indeed. Grab a small bugfix and copy it to Darkest Hour\Mods\Reichs Expansion Pack\db\events\Reichs Expansion Pack\NS Germany.
And it will be possible to after Fall Gelb make peace with UK or alliance with France? Or will there be more options for a ceasefire with France? Not only Vichy or all.
I've thought (and read) about ways to make peace with UK and only viable option I see is to bring UK to its knees. I hope I'll be able to put some non-Sea Lion ways to force UK to capit... evacuation to Canada (starving or destroying their industry? peripheral strategy of focusing on Africa?).

You can release France as your puppet after conquering all metropolitan France. I thought about balkanization of France, but except Brittany there were no strong independence movements in France. Occitan movement became significant after WW2.

Attachments

• 1936_domestic.txt
    14,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've just finished German OOB for Seeloewe:
1v6O6Ex.png

Germans were sick if they wanted to invade UK with such lol-fleet (Home Fleet had CV, two BBs, two BCs, three CAs and tons of smaller ships)
IA1FyBa.png
After doing some research I think I would resign from making Operation Tannenbaum battlescenario. It just won't be interesting at all as Switzerland has only 4 provinces. Afrika Korps scenario would be actually 2nd El Alamein / Operation Torch. I recall from HoI2 that DAK scenario starting in February/March 1941 was pretty simple, starting in 1942 and fighting on two fronts should be much more challenging (plus I've got much better and detailed OOBs for October 1942 than any other time).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
OOB for Seeloewe battlescenario is finished:
PktvWPI.png

I think it would be pretty challenging scenario. British and German land and air forces are fairly even (though German units are more experienced) and Home Fleet has huge numerical superiority over Kriegsmarine.
TKF74Iu.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
I tried by cheat Iron Wolf and got an alliance with Lithuania in one playthrough. After returning polish provinces to Soviet Union I was suddenly at peace. Brittany build a destroyer with a missing picture. Existing Seelion too easy, the militia in Hull is appreciated to counter the airdrop cheat but is no match for 3 paratroopers. Overall an astounding error free mod for the amount of unique content. I am looking forward to see more!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I tried by cheat Iron Wolf and got an alliance with Lithuania in one playthrough. After returning polish provinces to Soviet Union I was suddenly at peace.
Which type of agreement with SU did you choose? Lithuania went to Soviet sphere of influence?
Brittany build a destroyer with a missing picture.
Which model number this destroyer has?
Existing Seelion too easy, the militia in Hull is appreciated to counter the airdrop cheat but is no match for 3 paratroopers.
Huh, it seems militia should be change into garrison to hold the ground long enough for regular divisions to come.