• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still test new version, as some balance issues came out. However, I won't have much time in the next week, so I wonder if there are any willing players who have time to test the new version in the next few days. I would prefer people who would play until at least 1942/43. Anyone interested?

Why not help you a little? Since Chamberlain resigned on the first day of the French campaign, so I made this event and corrected uk.eug file. This event is also relevant for Weserübung.

Attachments

• chamberlain.rar
    6,9 KB · Views: 0
Churchill became Prime Minister when the German invasion was already underway, so Chamberlain is HoG at the beginning of scenario. I see no point in adding non-combat related events to battlescenarios, which focus on, well, battles only.

Let me clarify: until Churchill became PM, Chamberlain was still in office for 18 hours, which is technically possible to do. So I wanted to show what Churchill took control of at that fateful time. The beginning of cool story, so to speak. At least I'd have done that if I had done a similar scenario.

TUD3r73.png

Bnyw2x9.png

• 8Like
Reactions:
Reichs Expansion Pack 1.02
Reichs Expansion Pack ver. 1.02

Welp, I hope it won't be another Cyberpunk :D
#Battlescenarios
- New battlescenarios (Unternehmen Seelöwe (1940), Balkan Campaign (1941), Panzerarmee Afrika (1942))
#Balkans
- Multiple flavor events and decisions for Balkan area
- New alternative path - Yugoslav Civil War
- Occupation events for Yugoslavia and Greece
- New countries: Reichsgau Banat, Macedonia
#British Isles
- Flavor events for German-British war period
- Occupation events for UK and Ireland
- Multiple options for defeating and dividing UK
- New country: Celtic Union
#Iberian Peninsula
- Events and decisions about Spanish and Portuguese relations with Germany
- New options for control of Iberian Peninsula
- New country: Iberian Union (on SPA tag)
#Africa
- Kind of "Scramble for Africa" event chain to divide African colonies
- Some flavor events
- New country: Mittelafrika
#Middle East
- Multiple events and decisions for Germany to interact with Arab countries, Turkey and Iran
- Various versions of Arab Federation
#Other
- Multiple changes in game economy - see broader explanation below
- Changes in connections between provinces around the world
- SS divisions went back into direct German control - see explanation below
- Multiple new historical and ahistorical SS divisions
- Kazoo's SKIF style icons (with necessary adjustments to REP list of models and units).
- Tens of new leader pics

In REP 1.02 there are multiple changes in game economy. First of all, the changes affected the map. I used literally tons of data from statistical yearbooks to calculate how much and what things each country in the world has produced and how much raw materials it has extracted. As a result, there are many more factories on the map, but most of them are in the hands of the strongest countries. So don't be surprised to see the US with over 900 base ICs in 1933. On the other hand, Australia and Canada came closer to the top of the strongest countries. In addition, you will see events about new mines etc.

The second significant change is the new system of synthetic fuel and rubber factories. From now on, fuel is not magically created from coal at no cost (apart from researching new technologies). Synthetic material factories are built through decisions that cost relatively a lot and put additional strain on your economy. In the Industry tab you will find three new branches of technology:
- Synthetic fuel factories that increase the number of factories you can build by decision (10-30-50-100 factories consecutively)
- Synthetic rubber factories that are equivalent to the above (5-25-50-100 factories consecutively)
- Mining technologies that improve the efficiency of both your standard mines, power plants etc., but also your synthetic material factories.
In practice, in 1933 the efficiency of oil extraction is at the level of 17.5% (i.e. for every 10 oil points in the province, you can extract only 1.75 fuel points). However, each mining technology adds 14 percentage points to the effectiveness (i.e. after the discovery of Mining 1935, your effectiveness rises to 31.5%). This works similarly also with other resources (of course with different effectiveness values). So it's vital to discover mining technologies as soon as you can, as Germany doesn't have much resources on its own territory.

Oil and rubber are now critical resources. Your economy consumes oil from now on (just like the economies of other countries), so you will have to provide adequate supplies to your entire alliance to be able to drive tanks across Ukrainian steppes or African deserts. An equally important raw material is rubber, without which your economy will not function efficiently enough. At the beginning of the game, you will receive an event with detailed information.

The cost of building factories has been increased significantly to avoid the snowball effect in the case of the largest countries (yes, before the USSR was going to ~ 700 base IC before the war). Therefore, all decisions and events that give additional factories (investments in the Balkans, cooperation with China and Japan, etc.) are gaining in importance.

The production time of air and land units has also been increased (by the way, land units also need more MP), so it's a good idea to take all possible decisions that reduce the production time.

One concluding tip: cash is king. You will need a lot of money for diplomacy and various "off-budget" investments. What's more, over time you will lose the effect of MEFO-style decisions, and just before the war and during it, you will not be able to spend too much IC on money production. It is a good idea to accumulate as much reserve as possible - sell whatever you can, just to secure financing in the first years of the war. In the last game I started a war with ~ 12k. Two years later my reserves dropped to 4.5-5k. Yes, we are talking about such large sums, the war consumes a lot of money.
After considering the various pros and cons, I found that the SS divisions should be under the direct control of the player. The main argument is the modernization of a division to a different type (e.g. MOT -> ARM), which cannot be performed on an ally's army (i.e. it can be done with an event, but it would remove the entire division with its experience). So in version 1.02 there is a hybrid system - divisions created by decision are under the control of Germany. However, if you create Burgundy, the SS will produce its own divisions.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: