• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The question is whether "are they gone again" or "are they still gone" is the correct question. My guess would be that Steam hasn't felt the need to put the keys back over just a forum icon. (Since the game is playable either way)

But I want my icon! :( Is there any other reason to buy games? :D

So I got a reply from Steam:

Hello ***, No key is included with Steam purchases of Lead and Gold. If you need assistance with external registration for this game, you will need to contact the support providers for this title for further assistance

So it seems I need assistance from Paradox. 2 games I buy from Steam and both have key problems... Why me?

I think you answered your own question there: "I buy from Steam" :p

Jokes aside, Kallocain is very busy right now what with Christmas season coming up, or she would probably have answered here already. But if you PM her with your problem (once for both problems, preferably) she's sure to look into your problem when she gets some spare time.

I still need a key.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but it would appear that the CD key I got with L&G follows the standard Steam format of having five 5 character long groups, whereas the Paradox registration form only allows for six 4 character groups. I tried the usual method of filling it in and dropping the final character with no success. I will try again in case I miss typed, though there is no indication on the form as there is with other games that I should have the Steam format registration key.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but it would appear that the CD key I got with L&G follows the standard Steam format of having five 5 character long groups, whereas the Paradox registration form only allows for six 4 character groups. I tried the usual method of filling it in and dropping the final character with no success. I will try again in case I miss typed, though there is no indication on the form as there is with other games that I should have the Staen format registration key.

I have the same problem.