• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi guys!

I have finally got the go ahead to let you go nuts with the modding as you please. Here is a forum where you can discuss freely as long as you own a registered copy of the game.

First off:
- As I stated earlier, we won't be able to develop any modding tools for you. But I understand that some people have made progress on the subject on their free time and may have things to share in here. Go ahead!
- If you have any questions or problems while doing these things, I will do my best to make Ino-Co answer. They are however doing other things and supporting modding was never in their contract so I can't make them help you.

Some rules:
- Piracy is still illegal! Do not discuss how to crack the game, where to get pirated copies or promote illegal distribution in any way. Discussing such matters will lead to your permanent ban from the entire Paradoxplaza forums
- We would be happy if you would keep distribution of any mods you create to our own forums. Mods that are found to be distributed elsewhere may be removed from these forums

I will probably add on more information over time in here. But this is what I have to say right now. And I know that it can be hard to do modding without official modding tools. But it seems there is knowledge and interest enough in this community to be able to work around such petty blockers.

Good luck! Ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them and help you out. I would really like to see a prospering modding scene for this game (even though it might be too late now) and I promise I will do whatever I can to support one despite my lack of knowledge on the actual subject. But I hope to learn!

Best Regards
Björn

Hi guys!
- We would be happy if you would keep distribution of any mods you create to our own forums. Mods that are found to be distributed elsewhere may be removed from these forums
[/I]

(even though it might be too late now) and I promise I will do whatever I can to support one despite my lack of knowledge on the actual subject..But I hope to learn!j

Best Regards
Björn

sigh..one step forward two steps back? Is this authoritarian need to have ridiculous community killing forum rules a European thing? Lesson 1 - When you have driven away 99.9% of the small community you had - dont obstruct those that remain with further red tape. Seriously who gives an S where these things are hosted..are you really going to spend time enforcing this?

Can you make this forum at least visible to those who havnt logged in so if people are checking back but not logging in they can see it exists?

Last edited:
sigh..one step forward two steps back? Is this authoritarian need to have ridiculous community killing forum rules a European thing? Lesson 1 - When you have driven away 99.9% of the small community you had - dont obstruct those that remain with further red tape. Seriously who gives an S where these things are hosted..are you really going to spend time enforcing this?

Can you make this forum at least visible to those who havnt logged in so if people are checking back but not logging in they can see it exists?

I did not say it will be heavily enforced. I just said it might be removed as there might be complications regarding ownership and such when you distribute stuff in several places. Also having the mods here will somewhat limit access to them to the people who actually own a registered copy of the game. It is a "DRM" system we successfully applied to our titles developed by Paradox Development Studio.

What do you mean by making the forums visible to those who haven't logged in? It is visible to anyone with a registered copy of the game no matter when they last logged in.

I think hes referring to "guest" users. Are they able to see the sub-forum link, so that they know there is a MODDING forum for Warlock?

Afraid not :/

I only log in when I have something to say. So when I first checked back here I didnt see the modding forum. And I cant see if anything new is posted there when I'm not log in, so I dont know if there is any need to log in. Annoying.

Even if I log in always, I agree with Fenryder about letting everyone see the sub-forum (not the threads). Let the forum be seen by everyone, but when someone tries to enter as guest or the game is not registered, just show a message pointing that those two conditions have to be met.

Well if you want to use the modding subforum as a tool to attract people and encourage them to buy the game, you should let them read said subforum and learn about the mods that are available, but require game registration for downloads.

But anyways given the low visibility of this game I suspect your policy is ill-conceived. You'd probably get many more new customers by allowing mods on popular sites like the Nexus than by converting the three pirates who love your game enough to want to mod it.

Last edited:
mods made me play all civ games like 5x aslong as i normally would have played them. since this game is quite similar the same would probably apply. so i think opening the mod forum like metatoaster said would realy realy be cool, since i cant mod myself and am dependend on an active modding community to get my stuff ;-)

Now, with recent unrelated changes, it should be enough to have any Paradox game registered to access these forums.

I must say I'm enjoying this game a lot but I'm somewhat a beginner in terms of modding. I've made a couple of mods for other games, but right now I don't have time to get into modding Warlock. I just wish there were more people interested though, this game has got a lot of potential. I wish someone made LOTR mod or something :)

Hi Bjorn,

I was wondering if it were possible to get a list of files + what part of functionality they cover. Aswell as perhaps a short list of things that can be modified (ie. everything not on the list can't be modded).

Would that be possible? or am I 3-4 years late to the party? :D