• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 4, 2020
Everything that happened here this week:
Idea to prevent this in the future:

To prevent future chaos and clean up the SPQR:
  • Add a visible ranking as in the Suggestions forum and Bug Reports forum.
  • Create a SPQR archive subforum, move ALL old proposals there.
  • Move ALL ineligible threads to that subforum every Monday, leaving only ACTIVE proposals here.

If you liked this idea, please vote Like, Agree or Love. Note that Helpful is effectively a vote against this suggestion.

• 19Like
Reactions:
I agree with the proposal but I feel that with the changes in the suggestion forum, the SPQR is redundant.

Maybe, if all inegible threads and old proposals are moved to the suggestion forum, we could leave the Senatus Populesque as a weekly voting forum.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Didn't even knew that was closed. And was not so long-closed, the game was still receiving updates and we still waiting for 2.0
But Ok, I think need a tag [Closed].

As many ideas come and goes this is extremely necessary, I got in this forum when everyone was saying that Imperator where full of bugs.
I don’t think it was closed. It was paused for a future time that may never come.

You are right to comment on existing threads if you have an itch to express your point of view on one idea.

Our @Ketchup & friends friends are very categorical in their speeches.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Didn't even knew that was closed. And was not so long-closed, the game was still receiving updates and we still waiting for 2.0
The old suggestions are technically not closed, but they are supposed to stay buried. Bumping them up confuses readers, who might think these are new suggestions and vote for them.

I agree with the proposal but I feel that with the changes in the suggestion forum, the SPQR is redundant.

Maybe, if all inegible threads and old proposals are moved to the suggestion forum, we could leave the Senatus Populesque as a weekly voting forum.
This seems too radical.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This seems too radical
But about right.

The suggestion forum will be the main repository of suggestions. There they will be voted by us, analyzed by devs and implemented or not.

The SPQR has been reduced to a temporary reaction voting forum to please our egos, sadly disconnected from the suggestion forum new features.

I like the idea to have the more voted suggestions of the week highlighted by the devs. It is a recognition and drive for more suggestions. But that could be done with the suggestion forum suggestions, and posted on the SPQR as a sticky thread.

EDITED: moreover, the SPQR rules already mentioned they will pin suggestions from the main and suggestions forum (2nd paragraph):

Thread 'READ FIRST: Rules and Purpose of the Senatus Populusque Forum.'
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...pose-of-the-senatus-populusque-forum.1409212/

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Just some quick thoughts on the matter.
IMHO having a new voting each week has made this subforum loose some of its appeal. Sure we have some good ideas from time to time but after half a year we tend to have fewer and fewer ideas (some of them good) plus fewer and fewer votes.
Maybe the voting could be made on a monthly basis.
The voting could be made to last one week. The remaining three this subforum would stay inactive. Maybe we could have a post in the main forum of as in "SPQR forum is now open for the February ideas". "Post your ideas and vote". I agree with all points of the OP BTW.

Reactions:
plus fewer and fewer votes.
When the SPQR started there was a burst of votes. After, it is true that votes have gone down but there is still an audience willing to vote.

Not only there is an interest but I think the SPQR has been a successful experiment, and prove is they have incorporated voting to all suggestions and bugs report forums.

The weekly period maybe is too short, and now it is more about a publicity stunt for some popular household names to achieve high voting turnover.

But the best improvement IMHO is the implemented filter, now players will have a ‘badge’ to show off. This is going to increase both posts and votes. When players see that suggestions are being implemented they will want to have a say.

Finally, ideas are in no short supply. Every week there are new ideas, and every change introduced by the Devs is an opportunity to make a suggestion. Prove is this week SPQR with 5 fantastic suggestions. EDITED: and many more on the suggestion forum.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Seems from the post about the "winning" ideas that they have taken a note of this idea and probably thinking on how to implement any changes to the forum.

When the SPQR started there was a burst of votes. After, it is true that votes have gone down but there is still an audience willing to vote.

Not only there is an interest but I think the SPQR has been a successful experiment, and prove is they have incorporated voting to all suggestions and bugs report forums.

The weekly period maybe is too short, and now it is more about a publicity stunt for some popular household names to achieve high voting turnover.

But the best improvement IMHO is the implemented filter, now players will have a ‘badge’ to show off. This is going to increase both posts and votes. When players see that suggestions are being implemented they will want to have a say.

Finally, ideas are in no short supply. Every week there are new ideas, and every change introduced by the Devs is an opportunity to make a suggestion. Prove is this week SPQR with 5 fantastic suggestions. EDITED: and many more on the suggestion forum.
I like your badge idea.
Furthermore PDX could spice up things by giving some free DLCs to top contributors. The cost is minimum. Although on its self it may not be such a super expensive prize I think it would be OK as a symbolic gift. Anyway ihmo most posters are in it become they want to see the game improved.

• 1Like
Reactions: