• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems unfortunate that I discover this mod right as it seems like updates are almost nonexistent. Is this completely dead at this point or are people still making progress? I know it's been basically a month since the last post here so I'll assume it's dead if I don't get an answer for a while.

Reactions:
This project seems pretty nice, gonna play it when possible! You COULD represent other religions though, since you got Wicca (like hellenism, ásatrú, the cultus deorum aka roman paganism, slavic paganism, druidism). And Mars isnt a savage god of unstopping violance, that is Ares. The roman equivalent is a lot more rational and "just war"-orientated (yes, roman and greek paganism are completely different, believe it or not lol ). Anyway, great project! Good luck on it.

Reactions:
This project seems pretty nice, gonna play it when possible! You COULD represent other religions though, since you got Wicca (like hellenism, ásatrú, the cultus deorum aka roman paganism, slavic paganism, druidism). And Mars isnt a savage god of unstopping violance, that is Ares. The roman equivalent is a lot more rational and "just war"-orientated (yes, roman and greek paganism are completely different, believe it or not lol ). Anyway, great project! Good luck on it.
"Completely"? I wouldn't say completely, but it would vary from when you were measuring it. All that is really irrelevant however, because it would seem the mod is dead. RIP Red Kings. Wasn't there suppose to be a dark version? Did that have a seperate dev team or was that dependent on this project?

"Completely"? I wouldn't say completely, but it would vary from when you were measuring it. All that is really irrelevant however, because it would seem the mod is dead. RIP Red Kings. Wasn't there suppose to be a dark version? Did that have a seperate dev team or was that dependent on this project?
I was pushing for it to happen, but it never got off the ground. Don't have time to work on one, either, sadly, although I would love to see the resources from this project go to some use.

I still have the map I made for RK - no provinces or anything, mind you, just height and color, but it's better than nothing. If anyone wants it, let me know, and I can scrape the files together.

This sounds absolutely amazing. It seems like a quite interesting idea as a science fiction/post-apocalyptic mod for CK2. I especially like the concept of the new faiths for Mars and how it's based upon the natural land forms itself. I also liked to ask how we can contribute to the lore for the mod.

I have suggestion for the Israeli culture you plan for this mod. Could you make an Israeli culture group with two cultures, these being Israeli and Neo-Israeli. These cultures would be modeled around the modern tension between secular,moderate Israelis and their conservative, devout counterparts. These groups would not only represent a cultural divide but a religious one as well. At the first start date the Neo-Israeli's would be in control and they believe that the holy land is on this new world and that God has granted to them a mission to rebuild the nation of Israel which by this time has not occurred due to the division of the 12 states which are the minor Jewish states on the map, these being named after the 12 original tribes of Israel.

The minority Israelis would be in control of only the most powerful tribes two tribes, Judah and Dan, and practice a heretical version of Judaism at the game start. This heresy being called המאמין העתיקה or Followers of the Mount. This heresy would believe that the holy land is located back on Earth and deem that the Neo-Israelis are sacrilegious for their belief in the Prophet Zedekiah. He who lead the survivors of the eruption of Olympus Mon to New Jerusalem after God showed him a vision of a new Zion atop a mountain near the original Israel colonies as Moses was shown Israel as a promised land. In addition the המאמין העתיקה are much more conservative and are less secular then their counterparts.

Mechanically these two groups operate differently. The Israelis would operate as the Vanilla Judaism with the exception of a religious casus belli. Though this is made up for because they could use a cultural casus belli against their non Israeli neighbors, Slavs, Africans, Turks and Arabic cultures. The Neo-Israelis have a religious head who would be known as the Iursh Tsu Ahrn who is believed to be descended directly from both the Prophet Zedekiah and Aaron while the Israelis hold that the long lost seat of Kohen Godal can only be restored by a descendant of Aaron not Zedekiah. The Iursh Tsu Ahm would operate similarly to the Pope but he must approve a holy war that a ruler wants to declare. Neo-Israelis would operate similarly to Judaism with mechanics which favor merchant republics. Neo-Israelis would get penalties as monarchs so a government for nearly all Neo-Israeli rulers is republic with the exception of the Tribe of Benjamin.

Their could also be events for these cultures. For the Israelis their would be an option to restore the Kohen Godal and change the Priesthood's location to your capital province as well as making them your vassal. The Neo-Israeli's would have the option of creating the Republic of Neo-Israel to parallel the Israeli decision. I also suggest putting a navigable canyon/ river through what is now the Hameo-Semetic Area that is known as the Neo-Jordan which leads into a small inland sea known as Yam tichoni . In the province where the sea and Neo-Jordan connect there's an option to build a large hydro electric dam through an event chain which can be activated with a decision in the intrigue tab available to any secular ruler(i:e UN, etc). Also your culture would be tied to your religious affiliation so when you change your religion to Followers of the Mount your culture would also change to Israeli. This religious change would be located in the intrigue tab much like the vanilla Dharmic faiths. These options would be named accept heresy or reject heresy. Also events to convert to either of these branches of Judaism would appear for a ruler depending of their traits every 20 years or so(max 2 r 3 times in a ruler's life).

Last edited:

Well, in that sense no indo-european religion is completely different, surely lol I just wanted to emphasis that they are two religions and cant really be placed in the same sack. Their views of the divine vary widely and their gods are different (even if they are confused with the greek gods because of centuries of Interpretatio Romana). Besides, the curent reconstructed roman religion pretty much emphasises the distinction between the two. And yes, it sadly is irrelevant now lol Hope someone else picks it up though.

so is the mod dead?
It would appear. In this time of sorrow let us reflect on the realities of mod's in our fallen world. For this mod and all its grand ideas have so quickly been robbed of us without reason or explanation. Alas, we must move on. For projects rise and projects fall back into the nothing from whence they came a new one will rise again. I recall the passage from Genesis: one generation rises as the older passes away but the earth remains forever. The word of the lord: Deus Vult.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope this isn't dead...
It's very dead. That's been stated several times on this page. People ought to stop necroing this thread when the answer is right there.

But I do want to reiterate that I still have the files for this mod. Anyone who would like to continue it using their own time and energy is extremely welcome to have them.

It's very dead. That's been stated several times on this page. People ought to stop necroing this thread when the answer is right there.

But I do want to reiterate that I still have the files for this mod. Anyone who would like to continue it using their own time and energy is extremely welcome to have them.
What is stil needed to be done?

Reactions:
What is stil needed to be done?
Basically everything. I made a nice 3D map with color and everything, so that's a bunch of hours of work out of the way, but that's it. I know the others were working on putting provinces in when the project died, but that probably ought to be redone from scratch.

Hey, instead of making mars colonized by earthlings what do you think of setting it in veeeery ancient times when Mars looked like Earth. You can even make lore of it and say that ancient Marsians were actually humans that colonized Earth after mars destruction.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: