• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(775544)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 28, 2013
  • King Arthur II
Update:

Nvidia's 301.42 WHQL (Released: 2012.05.22) driver runs King Arthur II well without the graphics artifacts I saw on 314.22.

Original Post:
Nvidia driver 314.22 WHQL produces graphical artifacts in the game, so I'd like to know which Nvidia driver version the developers/community recommend.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for responding.

No, there are issues with the 320.xx series of drivers with a lot of games, so I've avoided them so far. Besides, KA2 is an older game, so I figured an older set (such as from last year) would be more stable.

Are you saying Paradox believes the 320.49 driver set is more stable and will perform better than 314.22 with a Fermi card in KA2?

Last edited:
No, I am not stating/saying that 320.49 are the preferred drivers, as far I'm aware there hasn't been mentioned any preferred drivers for this game, I was merely suggesting to update to the latest ones to see if that would solve the issues you were having. Often updating to the latest drivers can solve issues that people encounter with games.

Thank you again for responding.

as far I'm aware there hasn't been mentioned any preferred drivers for this game
That's unfortunate. I'll have to play around with a few versions until I find one that works the best for me. I'll post my results here after I'm done; it'll probably be a few weeks though, because I'm still playing a few games on my current drivers.

Often updating to the latest drivers can solve issues that people encounter with games.

Ya, I know that's often the case. But sometimes, updating to a newer driver causes problems (BioShock Infinite and Battlefield 3 are recent examples). So, that's why I searched for info and later asked rather than just leaping into a driver update first.

Well, thanks again and cheers!

Sorry that it took so long for me to get the driver information.

Nvidia driver 301.42 WHQL (2012.05.22) does not display the graphics artifacts like 314.22 WHQL does.

So, let's call 301.42 a good King Arthur II Nvidia driver.

Though, KAII is only using one of my GPUs in DX11 now. Which is odd... I could have sworn it was using two earlier.

Update: Setting the Nvidia driver to "Force alternate frame rendering 2" enables SLI, but the shadows glitch out and some other issues occur. Guess I'll be playing with just one GPU. Thankfully, it still performs well on one GTX 570.

This is all while using the 64-bit executable.

Unfortunately, I've had the driver crash on me a few times while playing now (3 times in 21 hours of gameplay). I don't know if that's the game's fault or the drivers. Also, VSync doesn't work.

Last edited: