• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kristoff

Legio XXI Rapax
79 Badges
May 24, 2003
www.legioxxirapax.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
I'd love to play with modded maps, but I'm lost in the forum chaos. There are so many threads 'bout maps. Can anyone tell me if there are any finished and downloadable maps out there? Any recommendations? I'd rather prefer a good, historical maps with values, pops, economy ect. based on some research than maps like "100 new provinces - everyone has 5000 pops and tax base 7".

No one has to the best of my knowlegde finished a map of the sort you want. The closest thing would be MYmap, but it is still far from the exact historical detail you seem to be seeking. Mostly it is in testing right now, and it will surely become better given time.

Sute]{h said:
No one has to the best of my knowlegde finished a map of the sort you want. The closest thing would be MYmap, but it is still far from the exact historical detail you seem to be seeking. Mostly it is in testing right now, and it will surely become better given time.

Thanks for response. I'm afraid the map I would like to have can never see a daylight. It needs an enormous research and work. But the worst probably is how to add new provinces keeping a game balance.

Casparus map is also done and imho somewhat better balanced than mymap right now. Mymap is receiving more work though so it might eventually be better.
Casparus map also seems a bit more well tested (when I load up mymap I still get terra incognita on some provinces in europe for instance).

kristoff said:
I'd love to play with modded maps, but I'm lost in the forum chaos. There are so many threads 'bout maps. Can anyone tell me if there are any finished and downloadable maps out there? Any recommendations? I'd rather prefer a good, historical maps with values, pops, economy ect. based on some research than maps like "100 new provinces - everyone has 5000 pops and tax base 7".
(Response based on MyMAP; did not try Kasperus yet)
It is just too early to have such expectations. It is not a conscious decision on the mapmakers' part that provinces do not have "accurate" stats. Mapmaking is pretty much still in the alpha stage. You can bitch all you want, but the only way that the new maps will get to the stage you want is through help from us forumites. Do not be a leech.

Phillip V said:
(Response based on MyMAP; did not try Kasperus yet)
It is just too early to have such expectations. It is not a conscious decision on the mapmakers' part that provinces do not have "accurate" stats. Mapmaking is pretty much still in the alpha stage. You can bitch all you want, but the only way that the new maps will get to the stage you want is through help from us forumites. Do not be a leech.

Don't overreact, OK? I'm not bitching, just asking. I've played Vicky and HoI2 for a year of something and just got back to EU2. I had no idea how advanced are map projects so I've asked. Don't expect me to read zillion posts and threads in a day or two.

kristoff said:
Don't overreact, OK? I'm not bitching, just asking. I've played Vicky and HoI2 for a year of something and just got back to EU2. I had no idea how advanced are map projects so I've asked. Don't expect me to read zillion posts and threads in a day or two.
Well I hope you stick around despite my bitchiness. ;)

treedom said:
Has anyone made, or is anyone making a fantasy map not based on the real world?
People have entertained such an idea, but I have not yet seen any work.

With regard to fantasy maps, I'm actually curious if there would be interest for something of a Belgariad map (with, of course, a whole scenario/mod for it). I did a whole scenario for civ call to power for that some years ago which was fun at the start, unfortunately the civ-alike engines aren't well to handle prescribed scenarios after the start very well. But for eu it might work nicely, since one can steer a lot of the fantasy stuff by events. It would be of course unworkable to simulate the actual story of the books but the history of the world from before the books is known (there are 2 additional books written on that, the author is D.Eddings for everyone who has no idea what I'm talking about btw :p).