• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Because Spain had a Habsburg monarch, just like Austria, for quite some time. Both have a bit of a headstart on becoming HRE. They're prone to becoming it.

Carolus Rex said:
Because Spain had a Habsburg monarch, just like Austria, for quite some time. Both have a bit of a headstart on becoming HRE. They're prone to becoming it.

As Austria in a current GC game, I hate Spain: they keep taking the imperium that's rightfully mine away from me! :mad: I've been trying to sort out how to control the election, sometimes well, sometimes not; finding this will surely help when Filipe III croaks (too bad I can't assassinate him to speed it up! :eek: )

-Pat

You could conceivably load up your game as spain then F12 trigger an untimely death. If you want to.

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but switching players and killing the monarch with an event only puts a regency on the throne. This doesn't solve anything, is there another way around it?

Green_alien said:
Hmm strange, how does it come you never win elections? When I play it is always historical. :wacko:

I suppose you're replying to my message about Austria losing out to Spain. This thread helped me understand what was going on (nowhere in the game nor booklet does it tell you this stuff), especially that Prussia was an elector of the Empire. Personally, I think that takes the cake for stupidest thing in the game: why not make England an elector for the same reason; late in the game the King of England and the Duke (?) of Hannover were one and the same person.

-Pat