• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really feel that CK2 religions in general should get more play, other than in the nation designer. Heretic denominations should let you flip your faith for fun and profit. And rather than having to trigger rebellions to swap religions, maybe a mechanic for promoting and eventually switching religions ala swapping your primary culture would be fun. Maybe even the ability to promote your advisor's religion, which might allow you to revive Judaism or other dead religions in your realm.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure that most of the Zionist movement falls outside of the game's timeframe, so I would disagree with a formable nation for conquering the area, but I would be okay with either a mission or a decision for Jewish nations giving some bonuses after reclaiming Jerusalem considering I would say the city itself has a symbolic importance.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure that most of the Zionist movement falls outside of the game's timeframe, so I would disagree with a formable nation for conquering the area, but I would be okay with either a mission or a decision for Jewish nations giving some bonuses after reclaiming Jerusalem considering I would say the city itself has a symbolic importance.
While it’s true that Zionism falls way outside of the game’s timeframe, there are many anachronisitc formable tags already in the game anyway, the Roman Empire being the prime example.

Besides, I think an EU4 Israel wouldn’t represent the Zionist Israel from real life, but rather a restoration of Biblical Israel. If somehow a Jewish polity managed to conquer Jerusalem I don’t think it would be too far-fetched for them to declare themselves a restoration of the Kingdom of Israel, especially considering for something like that to happen in the first place, such a timeline would need to be waaaaaay different than ours, and things that in real life seem implausible may very well be very plausible in the scope of a given’s save universe.

Besides, it would be an awesome incentive for playing as Semien, and probably forming Israel as Semien would make a very popular achievement as well (maybe it could be called Alpha Israel?).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I will not hit like nor dislike. Some sort of "Restore Israel" if I understood. The real thing is that there aren't many province that follow Judaism and those in Ethiopia tend to be converted early on.
There is also an event that can turn Selanik Jewish.
That being said I think such a decision would be mostly for custom starts.
There already is some Zoroastrian content despite there being only one Zoroastrian province (soon to be 2), so it wouldn't be that unusual to add a tiny bit more content for the Jewish religion.

Reactions:
There is also an event that can turn Selanik Jewish.
That being said I think such a decision would be mostly for custom starts.
There already is some Zoroastrian content despite there being only one Zoroastrian province (soon to be 2), so it wouldn't be that unusual to add a tiny bit more content for the Jewish religion.
Yeah once Sikhism and Zoroastrianism have mechanics, the only religion without mechanics (other than Animism, which is essentially a placeholder for all religions that aren't any other religion) will be Judaism. Norse has mechanics and there aren't even any Norse provinces at game start.
I've suggested mechanics for Judaism or an estate to represent diaspora Jewish minorities before, the former of which would presumably include a decision to form Israel.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would disagree with a formable nation for conquering the area, but I would be okay with either a mission or a decision for Jewish nations giving some bonuses after reclaiming Jerusalem considering I would say the city itself has a symbolic importance.

There already is a tag for Israel, though. However, currently it's only available via the CK2 convertor. The Roman Empire, which was also a CK2 convertor-exclusive tag, but can now be formed after people expressed interest. It makes sense to hope the rest of these exclusive tags get the same treatment at some point.

Other CK2 Convertor tags include Jomsvikings, Hashashin, Knights Templar, and Trapalanda. Schools of Islam now exist, so the Hashashin could conceivably get a decision related to those. And Norse religion has mechanics, so Jomsvikings could also potentially get something related to that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Maybe if when the Jews are persecuted in Iberia you get an event if you control the holy land region where some jews want to set up a an OPM in one of you provinces which become your vassal if you accept. They could then form Israel is they conquer the entire region.

Reactions:
I suggested Sephardic culture to possibly pop out in Thessaloniki as they heavily migrated to there by Ottoman help. Currently there is event in game that turns province to Jewish religion but not Sephardic culture.

Here under Salonika events.
They will be able to form Israel and converter is coded to make Israel's culture Ashkenazi, Khazar or Sephardic:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Late entry here. But i think a formable kingdom of Israel or Judah would be a nice touch. Could add flavor to a Jewish play through. I think it should be formable by any jewish nation that holds Jerusalem. Than you could release it.

As for culture, i suppose you could introduce a spherdic culture but it might be unnecessary or not necessarily accurate since you might form it as simien. I propose Jerusalemite culture.

Reactions: